IGNORED

Gasoline Prices - Whats Yours?

Skywagon

I feel better already.   They hit $4.79 today at the majors.   I don't drive that much compared to the general populace.  These prices, while not enjoyable,  won't cause a major disruption in my life.  If it'll lead to the demise of the beady little eyed Russian, I'm all in.  

Drivers are squirming as gas prices blast through levels last seen during the oil crunch of 2008. In July of 2008, U.S. oil prices hit $145 per barrel and gas prices peaked at $4.16, according to government data. With average gas prices now around $4.19, we seem to have set a new record high.

But those are nominal prices that don’t account for inflation. If you adjust for overall price changes since 2008, gas prices would have to hit $5.25 per gallon to be a new record high, in real terms.

Edited by Red
spelling error
On 3/4/2022 at 8:34 AM, Rougarou said:

$3.79 was the price I saw this morning on a sign for reg-lur at a BP

A ride by today, that BP sits at $4.19

On 3/8/2022 at 5:56 AM, John Ranalletta said:

"I was able to cut my gas bill to $0 by buying a $100k electric vehicle"

Wasn't that "Pete" Antoinette??

Coming back to BMW which wants 91 Octane vs my FJR I just gave up that only needed 87 Octane it hurts to pay the extra BMW Performance tax on the gas on top of the already high prices.  Cheapest I could find today looking at 6 different gas stations was 5.999 for the 91 Octane.  $27 fill up for the GS.

10 minutes ago, BrianT said:

Coming back to BMW which wants 91 Octane vs my FJR I just gave up that only needed 87 Octane it hurts to pay the extra BMW Performance tax on the gas on top of the already high prices.  Cheapest I could find today looking at 6 different gas stations was 5.999 for the 91 Octane.  $27 fill up for the GS.

Lol, that was about the price for filling up my Ford Edge with UNL during the bad ol' days of that manic Trump, before nirvana Biden was blessedly selected ... er... I mean, elected.   

My wife and I just smile when we 'er gas up now, and shout to each other "It's the Biden bonus!!  Yaaah!!" 👍🏆  High fives all around, for sure!

(Though now, I guess I should curse Putin or Zelensky, or SOME other COVID style boogie man out there for my high priced gas, and food, and everything else.  It's SO hard to keep up with daily talking points.  But this is definitely "off-topic" of this thread.)

Over $4.00 everywhere here, it now seems.  Will check in Coeur d'Alene tomorrow.

Govern me harder, daddy.  😒

Just now, Hosstage said:

That whole answer was off topic for this section.

Come on, man!  I had the word "gas" somewhere embedded in it.   Hmmm ... or was I talking about intestinal gas.  🤔  Context counts.

But then, heck, I suppose either could apply to all this B.S.  😁  (Come on, now.  At least ya gotta give me credit for the creative segue!)

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Hosstage said:

So how much more cost per tank to fill with premium verses regular?

It was a 40 cent per gallon difference.  One tank not a big deal.  Big multi day road trip, with multiple tank fills per day will add up. 

59 minutes ago, BrianT said:

It was a 40 cent per gallon difference.  One tank not a big deal.  Big multi day road trip, with multiple tank fills per day will add up. 

So with a 10 gallon tank, filled twice a day, it will cost $8 more per day. Not insignificant, but not really a deal breaker either.

I've never worried about the price difference between regular and premium, it's not like I have a choice if premium fuel is needed. The base price of regular rising quickly is the real issue, not the difference in cost between the two.

3 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

The base price of regular rising quickly is the real issue, not the difference in cost between the two.

I never said it wasn't.  Just pointing out that with my recent switch of bikes right before the prices shot up, it added an extra increase I wasn't paying before on top of the stupid high price for regular.  Unlucky timing on my part.

• Like 1

And now for something completely different, time to take the Rider hat off and put the Moderator hat on.

Just a friendly reminder that there is a place for politics in the Full Throttle forum and feel free to post up there.  Here in the RDOT forum it's no politics per the forum title/description.   Thank you for keeping things civil here.

18 minutes ago, BrianT said:

I never said it wasn't.  Just pointing out that with my recent switch of bikes right before the prices shot up, it added an extra increase I wasn't paying before on top of the stupid high price for regular.  Unlucky timing on my part.

Yeah, but now you have all that extra horsepower!

• Haha 1
lawnchairboy
On 2/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, taylor1 said:

Morehead City N.C.  Just went up to 3.59 for regular

Emerald Isle 4.00$+. But usually higher here.

This was Tuesday in Houston

Houston$3.89 cheap stations for regular e.g Valero, OK, Racetrack..........$4.09 for the same at premium stations e.g. Chevron, Texaco, Exxon, Phillips, etc

Today it is $3.96 at cheapo and $4.19 at major brands.

Found a gas receipt in my tank bag for gas bought in 2019..  $1.79

$3.899 at Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Costco today.    I thought about grabbing the two plastic garbage bags in the back of the car, and filling them up as "spares", because that figure will look cheap in another week or two.  (Hey, it's been done, just sayin' ....🤣🤣)

👍🍻

• Sad 1
42 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

$3.899 at Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Costco today.    I thought about grabbing the two plastic garbage bags in the back of the car, and filling them up as "spares", because that figure will look cheap in another week or two.  (Hey, it's been done, just sayin' ....🤣🤣)

"Biden bonus!! To $10 $15 per gallon and beyond!!!"  👎👎

(it's so hard to keep up with progress ....)

$10 per gallon

Joe Biden I Did That Stickers | Redbubble

8 hours ago, BrianT said:

And now for something completely different, time to take the Rider hat off and put the Moderator hat on.

Just a friendly reminder that there is a place for politics in the Full Throttle forum and feel free to post up there.  Here in the RDOT forum it's no politics per the forum title/description.   Thank you for keeping things civil here.

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

$4.59 in Spokane yesterday....:4617:

For 70 cents a gallon difference (credit card, too!), ya must have SOMETHING you need at Costco in CDA, to get gas there.  (Though I didn't really see it yesterday, usually half the cars in line there have Washington state plates. 😏)

Averages we saw yesterday at the state line stations (Exit 1 & 2 in Idaho) were probably about $4.19.

All that can change overnight at this point, as you probably well know.

The 'Summer Blend will add .25 cents on top of these bull shit prices.

Looks like the 1200 RT will soon cost 45 bucks(or more)to fill.

20220311_135449.jpg

3 hours ago, LBump said:

But the weather's nice so...........

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
6 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

ya must have SOMETHING you need at Costco in CDA

I fill up in Idaho as much as possible....... worth burning a gallon there and back!!

6 hours ago, LBump said:

Looks like the 1200 RT will soon cost 45 bucks(or more)to fill.

20220311_135449.jpg

A bargain compared to prices I’m seeing in Malibu. 

3 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

A bargain compared to prices I’m seeing in Malibu. 

If you live in Malibu, you don't care how much gas costs.

Back in college, I worked PT as a valet parker at a 5 star restaurant, attached to a major hotel.  The parking lot was truly "lifestyles of the rich and famous" kinda place.   Tips were high.  (I saved enough in six months for the next year's private college tuition, plus enough to pay cash for a new Camaro, within my first six months.   I'm doubt I made as much four years later as a Navy Lieutenant.  It was just a blessing, at first.)

Short story long:  Guy rolls up with an sparkly H1 (Hummer).  My buddy takes care of his date, while I help him out of his side of the car.  I said something like, "... beautiful rig, but it's probably tough on gas."

His response:  "Who cares?"  And off he went.    I'm sure we have a bunch of wealthy men here, which is cool.  Covetousness has never been part of my DNA.  But unless you've had a few million in cash over your expenses, that kind of attitude can be pretty foreign to you.   

This high energy "tax" is gonna make most people's lives, very difficult, very soon.  They care, for sure they care.

7 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

If you live in Malibu, you don't care how much gas costs.

The lions share if gas sold in Malibu is purchased by worker bees either commuting or spending some quality time recreationing.  

1 hour ago, ESokoloff said:

gas sold in Malibu

When I lived there, we planned gas stops so that we never had to buy gas there.:thumbsup:

On 3/9/2022 at 8:02 PM, BrianT said:

On 3/10/2022 at 1:09 PM, Hosstage said:

I've never worried about the price difference between regular and premium, it's not like I have a choice if premium fuel is needed. The base price of regular rising quickly is the real issue, not the difference in cost between the two.

There's a difference between "recommended" and "required", none of the BMW motorcycles I've ridden, to include the HP4, had "required" for the fuel rating.

This is from my 2019 GSA manual,.....uh-hum,....."recommended"

image.png.9dfac940f4ac053d5be8243da1dc7354.png

But alas, it will be a debate just like using Rotella T-6 (which I use),.......along with 87 octane.  I'm still waiting for my engines to die.

On 3/10/2022 at 4:31 PM, lawnchairboy said:

Emerald Isle 4.00$+. But usually higher here.

That's cause Emerald Isle is where all the boot lieutenants get beach houses together, it's like the Blue Tile area of that geographic location.

Driving back from the airport last night, BP still holding at $4.19

If premium is recommended, that's what I run unless it isn't readily available, and it is comforting to know that regular can be run with no ill effects. I figure the motor was set up to be most efficient running premium, and is compromised (timing dialed back, power cut) running regular. Maybe not a noticeable difference in normal running conditions, but I know it's there 

16 minutes ago, lawnchairboy said:

but we had all those mean tweets then.

I wonder how many examples can be found of an unprovoked mean tweet. Say it again, unprovoked. Obviously would have to move this to the other side of town to hear the answers. :dontknow:

But really, a blatant offensive attack on someone. No, can’t use CNN, they really do suck. :rofl:

I challenge a liberal to make me hate OMB. :classic_biggrin: 

7 hours ago, Hosstage said:

If premium is recommended, that's what I run unless it isn't readily available, and it is comforting to know that regular can be run with no ill effects. I figure the motor was set up to be most efficient running premium, and is compromised (timing dialed back, power cut) running regular. Maybe not a noticeable difference in normal running conditions, but I know it's there 

Wife's 6.0 GMC "recommends" premium,.....we been runnin' r'glur since she got it.

I also don't follow "alot" of manufacturer's "recommendations",.....but that's just me (and maybe a'plenty others)

33 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Wife's 6.0 GMC "recommends" premium,.....

33 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

we been runnin' r'glur since she got it.

The Ford 5.0 Coyote motor makes 400 HP on Goat Piss. The Goats don’t really like it but, oh well. :dontknow:

Think I’m kidding? :classic_biggrin:

No, I don’t really know what they run but agree, it would get the cheaper go-go juice also.

Our bikes have recommended tire pressure, but we often run a different pressure for performance reasons.

A grade of fuel is recommended, but rather than change for performance reasons, we change for economic reasons.

Bunch of cheap sob's....     😏

• Haha 1

In the same sense, I've seen people put premium fuel in a motor designed to burn regular so they "can make more power."

Sure, if that's what helps you sleep at night.

3 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Our bikes have recommended tire pressure, but we often run a different pressure for performance reasons.

A grade of fuel is recommended, but rather than change for performance reasons, we change for economic reasons.

Bunch of cheap sob's....     😏

The performance change, at least to me, is not noticeable from 87-93 or 93-87.