Indy Dave

Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) Sparta, NC April 24-28

Indy Dave

About the "going" feature.

1) This is a test only and is not and should not be considered a substitute for indicating you're either attending or canceling here in the thread, as this has been and will continue to be the preferred and official way to communicate you current attending status. 

2) For this test, the best and quickest way to find the "going" button, is to select "START" from the upcoming events on the left RIGHT side of the main page.

734946122_Screenshot_2019-01-20BMWSportTouringevents.thumb.png.532080530eb77fbe1f04ea5fac702579.png

• Like 1

RightSpin

The 'Spin is in!  Arriving the 25th.

• Like 3

Kinsley

If you haven't seen it yet, answer our poll questions about Day Rides.

• Like 2

Living the Dream

I'ma gonna say this.  I'll try to make this event, not likely I'll be staying in Sparta since I live roughly an hour away, I'd ride up each day, which would be no different than riding to work (just different direction).  If'n anyone runs into issues, I have a couple of trucks, a trailer, straps and I know how to use all of them.  I've got plenty of storage space if a bike gets too broke and it can be held for a while.  I have some tools that can do many repairs.  So the offer is there if'n anyone needs it.

Indy Dave

Great great! Makes perfect sense. Others have done the same.

Speaking of tools, I was asked if anyone would have a tire changer in Sparta. Is that an option?

Living the Dream
9 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Great great! Makes perfect sense. Others have done the same.

Speaking of tools, I was asked if anyone would have a tire changer in Sparta. Is that an option?

I've got the spoons to change both tires and a balancer (front tire only).  As long as the old and new tire are warm, it's 10-15 minutes,....cold tires, .......well, that's tool throwing time.

Indy Dave
On 1/22/2019 at 7:08 AM, Living the Dream said:

I've got the spoons to change both tires and a balancer (front tire only).  As long as the old and new tire are warm, it's 10-15 minutes,....cold tires, .......well, that's tool throwing time.

Richard, Thanks. It never hurts to have options for the unexpected tire issue.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:12 AM, RightSpin said:

The 'Spin is in!  Arriving the 25th.

Spin To Win! :thumbsup::yes:

1499587318_attendingJan23.thumb.jpg.da2a25bd096c9c959d4076e4d4237914.jpg

• Like 1

jimwms

Out.  Thanks for everything.

KDeline

Kate and I are in, arriving Thursday.:bike:

• Like 2

Indy Dave

Ken - Great to see you both yesterday! Looking forward to seeing you again in Sparta! :18:

Foot

IN !! Arriving on Wednesday.

• Like 2

Indy Dave

Great News Foot!! :5210:

PhilB

Hello Indy Dave and other distinguished members.  Just wondering if this new member is welcome on this ride?  I really enjoyed and learned a lot on the FART ride 2018.  Maybe I can get Scott to go with me.

Indy Dave
11 minutes ago, PhilB said:

Hello Indy Dave and other distinguished members.  Just wondering if this new member is welcome on this ride?  I really enjoyed and learned a lot on the FART ride 2018.  Maybe I can get Scott to go with me.

Hi Phil - We enjoyed having you! You're welcome to join us, of course! If Scott (aka 6th gear) does come along, go easy on him this time so his Triumph will make it home in one piece! :16:  :3:  Just let us know when you plan to arrive. We will announce the meal details about 6 weeks out and Kinsely will have route info posted about a month before the event. Hope you can make it, Phil!

Indy Dave

ADMINISTRIVIA:

Rooms Remaining at the Alleghany Inn (336-372-2501)

Non-Smoking:

7 x 2 dbl beds

1 x 1qn Fri & Sat Only* (*might be possible to shake the room free for additional nights)

Smoking:

4 x 2 full

1 x 1Kg

1 x 1qn

We're 10 weeks out, make your plans now if you haven't already!

344505051_attendingFeb19.thumb.jpg.a0dc1d4c38baa4c3cddc8fd75fc4e1bd.jpg

190411245_2019STARTSpartaNC3smallerlogostillrev.thumb.jpg.35ea990440ec5a4fbde33eeac9b6a79e.jpg

1948200272_2019STARTSpartaNCeventsrev2b.thumb.jpg.869dd1bc51ed16f50bbaf871819f5eb6.jpg

• Like 2

Foot

Wednesday for me not Thursday:4607:

• Like 2

Indy Dave
16 hours ago, Foot said:

Wednesday for me not Thursday:4607:

Foot - Thanks for pointing that out. My notes have you done for Wed, so why I didn't get the (now fixed) slide correct is the 18th wonder of the world. :ohboy::4617:

giphy.gif.0dbecb83623008c848f6b1e3b9879429.gif

Edited by Indy Dave