IGNORED

Bob Quinn Celko

Nice n Easy Rider

Oh no, so sad to hear. Bob's posts always made me smile, often had me laughing out loud. He will be missed.

My condolences to his family, loved ones and friends.

R.I.P.

Oldironken

Uggh... My prayers go out to his family and all involved in this tragedy. I considered how blessed my life is this morning when i slung my leg over the seat for my ride to work. Be diligent and vigilent

Saddened by this, but happy we got to share time with him while he was here -- even if just over this board.

In my mind he's still out there, riding along in this little guy:

12775.jpg

Lone_RT_rider

George,

I can only imagine how hard it was to post this. Thank you so much for doing that. In all the times that Matt and I hosted our events, we could always count on Bob for two things.

1. To be there....

2. To always bring intelligent levity to any situation

More often than not I would get done with a 250 mile day of chasing Mitch at warp speed through some of Ken Insley's goat path routes only to come back and see Bob already propped up on the porch of (insert BRR event site here) ready to spout some form of wit that always made me smile. That and he will be sorely missed.

This sucks....

Rest in peace Bob....

Shawn

P.S. Thanks Mitch... I didn't know

oH nO..I am heartbroken with this news.

Prayers for the repose of his soul and prayers for his family.

wow...I am stunned..

Just awful news. Adrienne and I always enjoyed getting together and chatting with Bob at the events. His wonderful whit and easy going smile will be missed, greatly. My condolences to the family.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I only knew Quinn by his silly ball avatar on this forum. Whenever I saw it, I knew there was a good chance that I would soon be laughing.

For those not in the know, that little smiley ball was stuck on the radio antenna of his RT (seen here at the 2011 Unrally in Little Switzerland, NC):

IMG_0725-M.jpg

Just like the avatar, if you saw that thing in the parking lot, you knew Bob was in the area.

Bob brought soothing wisdom and sidesplitting wit to this discussion board, and was a fixture at damn near every event I went to down in the smoky mountains. Like Shawn said, any time we showed up at at an event site, it always seemed like he was there first, sitting on the front porch and watching the bikes roll in.

Ride in peace, Bob; say hi to Paul, Dex, Gleno, and all the others for us.

He came to my mind yesturday and I didn't know why. I was thinking of my last conversation with him in Helen over a cup of coffee.

I'm really saddened by this.

Glenn Reed

I knew he had an account on the Triumph Trophy forum, so I created an account so I could send a PM to the mods so they would know, linking to George's post starting this thread.

On a whim, I did a View Posts, and found a couple of things:

1) His last post there was just before 8 AM yesterday, probably right before he went out to ride, and it was more on the humorous side, but not as far as he would sometimes go here.

2) Thus far, most of his posts were straightforward, helpful or asking for help, with a few wisecracks thrown in. Here's one of the latter - "I got a Bernetta sewing machine as an accessory for my Trophy. If I don't get my old BMW RT sold, I may need to get a new living room suite."

I guess he was easing into the new environment, which is nowhere near as North America centric as our community.

Bob being Bob.

He will be missed.

Did a little searching through Ride Tales this morning to see if I could find a better picture of Bob, and found this by Mitch...

At the Maggie Valley Inn with Mitch, Shawn, Paula & Jake:

i-4fDtkCm-L.jpg

Also found this on Bob's Facebook page:

i-hvDGMNG.jpg

Paul_Burkett

This is so very sad to hear, my thoughts and prayer is for the ones left to mourn his passing away.

This is from last year's RCR. Ken, Kieth and Shawn on the left with, of course, George and Bob on the right.

rcr42012004.JPG

Thanks Ronnie. I see I indeed did meet Bob at an earlier event, just didn't correlate that with his board name. As I remember (and it shows on our faces), he kept us all laughing on that chilly night. I appreciate you plugging me into that memory. I was also struck by his graciousness. He will be missed.

Sorry to hear that news.

His posts cheered me up on more than one occasion.

Life is short, do what needs to be done, today!

If you love them, tell them. Tomorrow may be too late.

PS. Looking for some golf tees. :grin:

Sad news.

Thank you for posting.

RIP, Bob.

I enjoyed our brief moments together

and your many humorous insights.

Condolences to your family.

Condolences from another admirer of Bob’s sense of humour and his impeccable delivery. I will miss his posts.

My thoughts are with his family.

Michael Cassidy

So sorry to hear...

I met Bob at my first BRR in 08' and spoke with him at many of the other events since - always enjoyed his wit and friendly nature. He will be missed.

Wow, I do not know what to say .... I am very sad for his family and friends. He and I communicated a few times as he only lived 20 or so miles from me. One of those guys I thought I would meet at a local shop one day or just on the road. Very sad ...

texasaggie97

Prayers are going out to his family. I hate to hear stuff like this but it is always a reminder to ride safe, to live life to the fullest and never take family and friends for granted.

Enjoyed his post and he will be missed.

Quinn, Bob S, was hit by a delivery truck on Wednesday and then airlifted to UNC Hospital where he died. Delivery truck "didn't see him" even with extra lights, hi viz stuff etc. As in all things like this, tragic. I heard some mention of bikes on Monday for ???? but don't know any details.

Moderators move to where is appropriate

NCS

So sorry to hear this. Seeing his "smiley" friend in Helen this spring brought a smile to my face.

Deepest sympathy to family and friends.

It's never a good day when you hear of a fellow rider that has passed. Condolences to his family.

Tony Guzman Blanco

Sad news indeed. I never met Quinn / Bob but I enjoyed his wit first hand when he made this priceless comment about Paul (Pablo) Mihalka:

Originally Posted By: Quinn

This is a little like finding out that your quiet uncle used to play drums in a heavy metal rock band.

------

I hope that they are riding together on a couple of Beemers.

Tony

Peter Parts
Quinn, Bob S, was hit by a delivery truck on Wednesday and then airlifted to UNC Hospital where he died. Delivery truck "didn't see him" even with extra lights, hi viz stuff etc. As in all things like this, tragic. I heard some mention of bikes on Monday for ???? but don't know any details.

NCS

A sad loss for riders and esp. those of us who read his many posts at this forum.

When available, is there anything riders can learn from a fuller description of this collision?

Ben

For those that new Quinn, I talked to his wife and son at the visitation yesterday, they both commented on the outpouring of wonderful comments they read on the board.

Both seemed very happy that he had this community as friends.

NCS

A sad loss for riders and esp. those of us who read his many posts at this forum.

When available, is there anything riders can learn from a fuller description of this collision?

Ben

I would assume it was a right of way violation. The delivery truck either turned left in front of Quinn or pulled out from a driveway or side street. I have not been able to find a news story of the incident.

Archived