IGNORED

Matts_12GS

East /West is a fair description of the destination, couple NE/SE, NW/SW. just so one would know which set of paper maps to order up.

I've seen tip jars on shoes shine stands bigger than what you offer volunteers for all the mind boggling effort they endure.

Nah, I don't look at archives. All I'd see is a buncha folks I don't know yet. Kinda like looking at someone else family photo albumens.

We already bought up all the maps. Yours will be mailed at the appropriate time :grin:

Our coin is The Hug and The Handshake.

The Archives are history and hold at least 9 more examples of this conversation :D

Our coin is The Hug and The Handshake.

And truly the best reward I have gotten for being part of any of these events I have been to. :thumbsup:

After a couple days on the road nothing short of hearth and home feels as good as a welcoming hug or handshake which is quite often followed by the offer of a beverage.

Old friends, friends not yet made, local culture not yet sampled and the same old lies being retold with different emphasis.

That's what makes these events special

Well they did give us a hint, they said "within 100 miles of Maggie Valley". Get a map and a compass and draw a 100 mile circle and see what you get.

AdventurePoser

Whoops...too late in the summer for these school folks from CA to attend (we start the next week!) :dopeslap:

Unless, of course, I pull the pin on working. Then I'll be there, but will have to send the wife a postcard. Ouch!

Steve

Whoops...too late in the summer for these school folks from CA to attend (we start the next week!) :dopeslap:

Unless, of course, I pull the pin on working. Then I'll be there, but will have to send the wife a postcard. Ouch!

Steve

UNh UNh

:)

Exactly the same dilema we had, only it was a conference that Beth had to take 25 teachers to.

How do you get the 2600 plus miles in 3 days, 2 up?

Not on a motorcycle.

But it can be dUN.

Just watch out for boats on the freeways.

:/

This one, X, we have school starting on that Thursday so we'll be there Sunday-Tuesday and head home Wednesday.

Or, talk to some of the multiple bike owners and fly.

:lurk:

Steve

Fly. Rent. Fly.

Well they did give us a hint, they said "within 100 miles of Maggie Valley". Get a map and a compass and draw a 100 mile circle and see what you get.

I wouldn't trust that info, they're habitual liars and much beer was consumed during the last BRR :eek:

I wouldn't trust that info, they're habitual liars and much beer was consumed during the last BRR :eek:

Course they didn't specify whether it was via twisty mountain road or "as the crow flies" which could easily double the distance.

Knowin them though they may have inebriated that crow and lied to it too. :)

Course they didn't specify whether it was via twisty mountain road or "as the crow flies" which could easily double the distance.

That sheep's a damn liar!

Lone_RT_rider

Yeah, he did say you were better than Wurty......lol

Yeah, s he did say you were better than Wurty......lol

Fixed.

Post, not the sheep.

:P

Besides, I think y'all misread the map scale.

Chicago is over 100 miles away.

Yeah, he did say you were better than Wurty......lol

Are you saying his pants weren't on fire?

:rofl: :rofl:

Kathy, you gonna come riding with me next Summer?? :wave:

*Riding with you* simply means chasing you! :grin:

By next summer he'll be ready for me to leave him with the relatives for a bit, while I make up for NOT riding this summer.

[hyjack]

1079089955_PLB94-L.jpg

[/hyjack]

:rofl: :rofl:

Kathy, you gonna come riding with me next Summer?? :wave:

*Riding with you* simply means chasing you! :grin:

By next summer he'll be ready for me to leave him with the relatives for a bit, while I make up for NOT riding this summer.

[hyjack]

1079089955_PLB94-L.jpg

[/hyjack]

Awwww!!

Okay, I've been patient. Where are we going? Do I need to pack a dinner jacket? How about shoes? Get knobby tires for my RT? Details already!

-----

Nice n Easy Rider
Okay, I've been patient. Where are we going? Do I need to pack a dinner jacket? How about shoes? Get knobby tires for my RT? Details already!

-----

I'm fairly certain you won't need a dinner jacket but you might want to pack your blue suede shoes. :D

-----

I'm fairly certain you won't need a dinner jacket but you might want to pack your blue suede shoes, and your Redneck Dictionary . :D

Fixed.

Shawn and Matt,

Is it time yet? How close are we?

I know we all can look forward to Thanksgiving, December holiday and New Year festivities. However, I and many of us are at least as eager to start participating in an "Are You Excited Yet for the "X" UnRally posting!

Lone_RT_rider
And that is day after tomorrow!

We are still aiming for Monday'ish but we have a few details to wrap up with the importers to make sure your SWAG is all accounted for in the registration cost's. Also, the gracious person that is doing the registration page still has some i's to dot and some t's to cross. We understand that with the EXTREME salaries we draw (not to mention the 1 year unlimited access to the BMWST.com jet and Teluride Chalet) that we are under serious pressure to get this done. Don't worry, in the end, you'll get what you pay for! :/:rofl:

I hope it's somewhere near Sylva, NC. A few years ago, I won a 4 bdr, 4 bath log cabin, for one week, at a charity auction. Have never used it.

I think we could pack a bunch of guys in there! Very cheeeeply.

I get dibs on the master bedroom :grin:

:lurk: :lurk: :lurk:
Mid November! November has 30 days, that means mid November is from the 11-20th.

The registrar is waiting for information from the organizers who apparently have taken the BMWST jet to the Caribbean villa for the week...

Somehow I missed this thread when it first appeared, but it appears I haven't missed the important stuff, like WHERE.

It's now November 16, which sure sounds like mid-November to me.

The registrar is waiting for information from the organizers who apparently have taken the BMWST jet to the Caribbean villa for the week...

I believe I spotted one of them riding his motorcycle down a major artery in northern Florida today. :)

I believe I spotted one of them riding his motorcycle down a major artery in northern Florida today. :)

Perhaps at a gratuitous velocity compared to the other traffic?

Let's Get It UN!

Shawn and I are at it again, hosting a party for a few dozen of our closest friends and you’re all invited to join us August 8-11, 2011. We are still finalizing the costs for registration, but rest assured it’s going to be a tremendous event in an UN’believable venue. As this is the tenth UN, we’re going to work on making it extra special and have a great team of riders that want to make this on ‘UN’forgettable.

:clap:Keep your eyes open, there’ll be details coming soon! :clap:

Matt and Shawn

Hi Shawn and Matt,

Just wishing you both a Happy Thanksgiving and hoping we will hear from you sometime before Christmas! :grin:

Lone_RT_rider
Hi Shawn and Matt,

Just wishing you both a Happy Thanksgiving and hoping we will hear from you sometime before Christmas! :grin:

You heard him Matt, we now have a new deadline of Christmas. Thanks for the extra time Dr. Bob! :grin::clap:

Hi Shawn and Matt,

You heard him Matt, we now have a new deadline of Christmas. Thanks for the extra time Dr. Bob! :grin::clap:

Take all the time you need! I am assuming location will be an easy day ride for me from DC. :thumbsup:

I was just thinking of our west coast and Canadian friends and the joy of reading their posts about their ride plans. :grin:

Hopefully, we'll be near to some of that great smoked BBQ: piles of pulled pork, brisket, and ribs! Better yet, have them pull a smoker up to our parking lot! :clap:

There's always Rider's Roost, Ferguson, NC. Motorcycle only campground, great roads, and you can take over the Roost for special events.

or this place: Cherohala Motorcycle Resort

I stayed at here on my way to the MOA rally summer before last. The owner Mark Braunschweig was a gracious host. I'd recommend it for anyone passing through the area.

EZ big fella, today is only November 9th using the Julian Calendar.

:lurk:

Yes but if they don't perk it up we'll implode according to the Mayan Calendar. :dopeslap:

Since we don't have an official place, let's all just plan on staying with Shawn.

----

I believe Shawn is now working at BMW's Plant/Performance Center. Perhaps the UN will be there and we can use their track. :thumbsup:

Archived