IGNORED

Matts_12GS

Let's Get It UN!

Shawn and I are at it again, hosting a party for a few dozen of our closest friends and you’re all invited to join us August 8-11, 2011. We are still finalizing the costs for registration, but rest assured it’s going to be a tremendous event in an UN’believable venue. As this is the tenth UN, we’re going to work on making it extra special and have a great team of riders that want to make this on ‘UN’forgettable.

Keep your eyes open, there’ll be details coming soon!

Matt and Shawn

Calvin  (no socks)

Thanks for the Niblet...... :lurk:

2 for dinner...payment sent!

P.S......I need a map and routes and gonna start the east coast day run Pied Piper from Jax and I didn't get my hat,and... :grin:

It won't be in south Utah, you might want to keep the K's at sub-warp speed...

UN fortunately I will be UN able to attend, have an unalterable meeting in beantown.

This isn't going to be in one of those places where we have to obey speed limits, is it?

It's never been a concern of mine on the GS :rofl:

It won't be in south Utah, you might want to keep the K's at sub-warp speed...

UN fortunately I will be UN able to attend, have an unalterable meeting in beantown.

UN Acceptable.

We'll write you a note.

Dear Navy guys,

Chris was like sick or something and had to be isolated to a remote mountain location for 96 hours. He will be at the meeting next year.

Signed,

Shawn and Matt the UN Organizers.

See how that works

"IN"!!!!

Perfect timing. Gar should be retired by then and we'll be on the east coast about that time for the National and to visit family. We'll just add this on to the end of the trip. Hopefully there will be room for a camp trailer.

camping will be available in the vicinity, and per the hotel, if we sell all the rooms out, they will allow tent camping on the grounds of the hotel (it's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!) and if they are sold out and we have enough campers they have stated that they will bring in a portable shower/bathroom trailer for the campers to use.

I'm guessing I'd be strung up if I said I wasn't in ...

So, IN!

(Chris ... I'm with Matt ... UNacceptable for you to miss it.)

Lone_RT_rider
This isn't going to be in one of those places where we have to obey speed limits, is it?

It's never been a concern of mine on the GS :rofl:

The curves are juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit tighter than in Southern Utah, so you should be able to keep the bikes to at least twice the speed limit. :grin::thumbsup:

Oh.... IN! :)

Glad you posted this early teaser! I have to bid my vacation right now for next year, so this will make it much more possible that I can come! The sad part is 21 years of seniority doesn't get me much in the summer vacation dept. but it may work out for me!

Will post an "in" in a couple of weeks when I know if I got the time off!

Hurry up Matt. The sooner it is posted, the soooner I can register. This means that I have more time to work on the approval for time off - From the wife that is.

a

Hurry up Matt. The sooner it is posted, the soooner I can register. This means that I have more time to work on the approval for time off - From the wife that is.

a

Just bring her along. She'll love the area and facility. And the fact that you aren't working this one!

Sounds like a plan. BUT my daughters wedding is on 8/13. I wonder what my wife and daughter will have to say. I wonder if I can get her to change her date. A man has to have his priorities in order.

Marty

Bah! Leave First thing Thursday morning, pull a couple long days in the saddle and you'll be home for rehearsal dinner easily.

Sounds like a plan. BUT my daughters wedding is on 8/13. I wonder what my wife and daughter will have to say. I wonder if I can get her to change her date. A man has to have his priorities in order.

Marty

Let us know how that works for you. :rofl:

Marty

Marty just leave her your credit card (that usually makes them happy)... if i was in your shoes, well never mind, i wouldn't even bring it up :P

Thanks Matt and Shawn. We on the east coast know you both have and will arrange another super BMWST event!

I am a definite "IN" and, if it is where I think it may be, I hope to get my wife to attend this one as well. :thumbsup:

I'll be watching this thread, sorta thinking about Alaska, but I think about a lot things from the couch these days!

Make your trip north and start the Pied Piper run from Anchorage! :)

I'll be watching this thread, sorta thinking about Alaska, but I think about a lot things from the couch these days!

Make your trip north and start the Pied Piper run from Anchorage! :)

I am a sucker to meet the "Pied Piper" from about anywhere, more fun than the UN, with a running tour guide of the country and meeting all sorts of cool people along the way! Got to love it!

If I can ask what's sure to be a n00b question, where is this years UN Rally being held?

I hope to finally make it to some events once I get home from Iraq (25 days, WOOHOO!).

Thanks for the info.

C

Casey,

Well, I can answer that very quickly ... the location has not yet been announced. Shawn and Matt are working the final details before announcing.

Hold tight ... but watch for it!

By rumors it may be in North Carolina, close to Asheville/Blue Ridge Parkway. Not too far from Frankfort KY. Glad to have you back!

If I can ask what's sure to be a n00b question, where is this years UN Rally being held?

I think it's a fair question, Being on the left side of the country location may be a go/no go breaker. It's a good date, not in conflict with a couple other parties of the Rondel.

Since, I've never been to one, what is the typical turn out?

I think it's a fair question, Being on the left side of the country location may be a go/no go breaker. It's a good date, not in conflict with a couple other parties of the Rondel.

Since, I've never been to one, what is the typical turn out?

Very fair, but please be patient. :lurk: It's on the East Coast, somewhere. When it's on the West Coast we Easterners figure it's OVER THERE SOMEWHERE. It's all the same long ride :D

They will announce the location for the August 2011 UN as soon as they have all the necessary details in place. We pay these UN organizers BIG BUCKS to tease us with things like Dates. :grin:

Most UNs seem to have 100 - 200 folks in attendance. Have you taken a look at the Archives?

East /West is a fair description of the destination, couple NE/SE, NW/SW. just so one would know which set of paper maps to order up.

I've seen tip jars on shoes shine stands bigger than what you offer volunteers for all the mind boggling effort they endure.

Nah, I don't look at archives. All I'd see is a buncha folks I don't know yet. Kinda like looking at someone else family photo albumens.

Archived