IGNORED

Preliminary Announcement 2 (Revised Dates): UN-IX High Sierra Adventures

SageRider

A number of folks have requested moving the UN back one day to allow check-in on Monday and still give those that are interested time to attend the MOA rally in Oregon or ease the return to the east coast.

After some discussion with our hotel, we've determined this is possible and will move the event back to July 12 - July 15. We think this date change will provide more scheduling flexibility to more of our members, allowing for greater participation.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Start making your plans for Unrally UN-IX

Date: July 12-15, 2010.

Place: the Sierra Nevada mountain range of California and Nevada

For 2010 we've picked a place to satisfy your appetite for incredible riding. It's the Mother Lode of great touring roads over a variety of mountain passes, with unlimited possibilities for off-road discovery in the High Sierras. So mark your calendars for a truly special adventure.

To avoid confusion with registration and hotel reservations, we are holding off on announcing specifics on the site until we get the web site put together. Once this is ready (December is target date), full details will be posted!

We think you'll be pleased when you see the whole package. Thanks in advance for your patience.

The UN-IX Team

Might have someone change the dates in the Forum title when you have a chance.

Already requested.

You're fast. :thumbsup:

Coming from the east coasts, a day or two either way, makes lttle difference to me. However, I applaud the decision to attempt to accommodate those planning on going to the MOA.

Looking forward to next July!

i'm just one of those jokel northerners so had to google sierra nevada, now thats some bit of a mountain range,

so when you gonna drop a tidbit on the actual location...

i hope to make this one

Santa,

As posted above, details will be released when the registration web site is ready. December is the target. Earlier if possible.

i'm just one of those jokel northerners so had to google sierra nevada, now thats some bit of a mountain range,

i hope to make this one

If you end up in Mexico, you went too far.

Glad to be of service.

1bmwfan; hows the neck or shoulder or back ? you up and moving again?

if i end up in mexico, at least iv'e already learned the "dous cerveas pur'favor" or whatever they spell it, my french is much worse....

Really glad you moved the dates, I was already committed to the MOA and really hated to miss the UN-IX, now I can do both. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Steve

Thanks for helping us do both! We love the Unrally. We love the MOA Rally. Both have things we really like. Now we can do both without missing the important stuff.

Now we can do both without missing the important stuff.

Bring your whole squadron with you from MI. Unlike Oregon, we can guarantee great weather.

• 2 weeks later...

i hope to make this one

sIRrODNEY & I are talking about this also...please keep us updated on where it'll be held.

i hope to make this one

sIRrODNEY & I are talking about this also...please keep us updated on where it'll be held.

You sure you boys can ride that far? :wave:

i hope to make this one

You sure you boys can ride that far? :wave:

yA kNOW - sIRrODNEY did in fact say that he would trailer to Denver...hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Michael,

I know it is going to be fantastic. Was sitting down to think about a big trip this Fall. Now I'm thinking about a big trip this summer! Keep up the good work.

Michael,

I know it is going to be fantastic. Was sitting down to think about a big trip this Fall. Now I'm thinking about a big trip this summer! Keep up the good work.

Hey, this fall is pretty much gone. Seeya in July! :thumbsup:

Here's a little secret:

We're including great weather as part of the registration package!

That's in addition to fantastic scenery, wonderful rides, good food, nice accommodations, and a whole lot of friendly folks to share it with!

"We're including great weather as part of the registration package!"

I sure hope you don't have to eat your words! :grin: Waiting anxiously to read more!

Edit: I think you are safe on the weather. I just checked the averages for July, in Susanville just to pick a place: Rain 0.28", low 50, high 88. :thumbsup:

I sure hope you don't have to eat your words! :grin: Waiting anxiously to read more!

God told me if he had a bike he'd be riding a BMW with us.

(Susanville is too far north.)

Nice n Easy Rider

God told me that he rides a BMW but if he doesn't get a location soon he'll have to start making other plans. :grin:

OK.

Lake Tahoe: July precip. 0.24, low 40, high 79.

Placerville (hello 1 and 2bmwfan): 0.18, 57, 93.

I can take any of it :thumbsup:

OK.

Lake Tahoe: July precip. 0.24, low 40, high 79.

Placerville (hello 1 and 2bmwfan): 0.18, 57, 93.

I can take any of it :thumbsup:

I like your approach Paul! If Dave will continue to respond to you we might just get a "fix" on the hopefully soon to be announced "location"! :thumbsup:

Sonora Area?

Just so you don't get your hopes up, uh, no.

Although. I will say that it is a very interesting town that is rich in history!

In 1848, miners from Sonora, Mexico, found gold here and established a camp. Sonora became known as the "Queen of the Southern Mines" and was the biggest town in the Mother Lode. Horse races and fights between bulls and bears were common. Miners and gold, hard work and saloons, gamblers and schemes, fire and drought - that was the town of Sonora.

The "Great Fire" of 1852 damaged or burned down every building on Washington Street. Some stone exteriors from the subsequent reconstruction are still around. One of the richest gold mines in California, the "Big Bonanza Mine," was located on Washington Street, less than 100 yards from St. James Episcopal Church. When miners found large nuggets where Sonora High School now stands, a group of gamblers tried to force them out. A few persons were killed in the ensuing gun fight, but when hundreds of angry miners from nearby mines came to help their embattled comrades, the gamblers called it quits. This mine yielded a 28 lb. nugget in 1851 and produced 990 lbs. of gold in one week in 1879. An incredible 12 tons of gold were tanken from the Sonora area between early 1849 and the spring of 1850.

One of the oldest churches in California, and the most elegant old building in Sonora, is St. James Episcopal Church, also known as the "little red church". Originally built in 1848, it was rebuilt after a fire in 1859. The county jail dates back to 1857 and was in use till 1960. In 1865 a drunk set his cell on fire and burned down the entire jail. He was the only fatality, due to a jammed door.

The above is an excerpt from - LINKY

It's always good to be educated on the Sierra range since all the guesses are so reachable either while enroute, on the way home, or during the UN. Just not necessarily during all these phases of your journey . . . or are they? Hmmmmmm? :Cool:

Specially when you are standing in front of your room looking at it...

:grin:

Hi Phil, :wave:

MB>

That would require a room with a view . . . of which, "special" arrangements have been made to ensure you don't get one! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

With all these great guess I still think there is time to do a pool. Winner gets half the pot and the rest goes to the Board. (No Phil, Jamie cannot enter.)

CoarsegoldKid

That would require a room with a view . . . of which, "special" arrangements have been made to ensure you don't get one! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

They're taken.

However I've got a view from where I'm writing this.

Me AND the missus!

Yup! In some quarters, we could be considered a zoo :rofl:

I had both of them in my basement. I'll vouch for them ;)

This UN is going to be SO MUCH FUN!

( I know I'm up late. I had too long of a nap yesterday)

this guessing is getting to be funner and funner... so what could other locations be?

They're taken.

However I've got a view from where I'm writing this.

I've got the location figured out!

( Ya kinda gave it away)

We're all gonna stay at Joes house!

Thanks dude :thumbsup:

Don J :wave:

Archived