IGNORED

Preliminary Announcement 2 (Revised Dates): UN-IX High Sierra Adventures

SageRider

Why dose the Un Rally need it's own web site when we have one here that works ????? Just sayin :dopeslap:

You can provide a great deal more information with photos and have all kinds of useful tools if you use a devoted website. THIS site is not set up for that, as you can

imagine. :dopeslap:

We are getting some snow tonight. Next summer we'll be sweating in our gear, but loving every moment!

Why dose the Un Rally need it's own web site when we have one here that works ????? Just sayin :dopeslap:

You can provide a great deal more information with photos and have all kinds of useful tools if you use a devoted website. THIS site is not set up for that, as you can

We are getting some snow tonight. Next summer we'll be sweating in our gear, but loving every moment!

You'll be amazed at the ranges of climate you'll ride in...rainshadow, alpine mountian, foothill, valley....

Ya gettin' jazzed yet?

Oh, wait, the sites not up yet... :grin:

What say the commitee?

MB>

You'll be amazed at the ranges of climate you'll ride in...rainshadow, alpine mountian, foothill, valley....

The last time I rode out there was ... gosh, when was the UN in Cody?

Long time since I've enjoyed the West. I can HARDLY WAIT! :Cool::D

So another words it,s turning into a Rally,,Rather than an UN Rally :dopeslap:
skinny_tom (aka boney)

I think the point of it's own site is to manage the large amount of information required for organizing the event. There's more to it than a bunch of people posting "in" and showing up.

:S

There is often a website set up for big gatherings. I think that BRR and some of the other UNs have had websites.

I remember there wasn't a separate website for the first UN and it sure would have made it easier to communicate information. As it was, folks hijacked threads, etc, so you can see, hopefully, how a website is useful.

Having a dedicated site also eliminates having to sift through pages and pages of unrelated trivia, hijacks, and superfluous comments, all of which makes it more difficult for members to find core information.

Sometime we need to get "the facts and just the facts."

Yes! That is why many of us are checking the board 2 to 3 times a day hoping for the answer to the BIG QUESTION - Where is the next UNRally?.:grin:

And, guess what, some of us also have lives.....and we do need some advance planning to arrange those lives around :

"Certain Events" HINT! HINT! :wave:

Having a dedicated site also eliminates having to sift through pages and pages of unrelated trivia, hijacks, and superfluous comments, all of which makes it more difficult for members to find core information.

Put a lock on the thread :dopeslap: ,,,duoooo,,Thats why I get payed the big bucks :rofl:

Put a lock on the thread :dopeslap: ,,,duoooo,,Thats why I get payed the big bucks :rofl:

Ya can leed em to water, but ya can't make em drink

And, guess what, some of us also have lives.....and we do need some advance planning to arrange those lives around :

"Certain Events" HINT! HINT! :wave:

For all planning purposes, see dates and location in forum name above. :)

I think this Un Rally is a Ponzi Scheme and Bernard Swift and Michael Madoff are all ready out of the country,,,,,,,,,,,,,All us fool's keep checking the board 3 time a day :eek:

Bill,

I, and perhaps others, need to plan for a pillion who may need to fly in/out to do this.

The location may have some impact on the when and where for those choices.

The only superfluous comment in this thread so far was, "in a few days", IMO.

Perhaps if the revelation of the location had been prefaced on X (getting website up, winning the lottery, or whatever) rather than "in a few days", members would not be expecting a valid response.

I know that there is a lot of work to put this together and I would be surprised if there were any members wanting to attend who thought otherwise.

The annoUNcement seems to have taken on a life of its own UNfortUNately.

No big deal, something will probably happen again to screw with our plans to attend.

:P

Just plan 2 weeks here.

If ya need money, we'll take up a special fund for ya...

If ya need more time from your job, we'll handle it for ya...

If ya need a pillion, Phil can handle that for ya...(UN08)

iF ya need a bike, I'll loan ya one...

No Worries. :grin:

MB>

Alright, alright!!!!!! We ALL want to know what, where, details, extras, etc. Really, we do!

Now, that being said, and with the real understanding that I really want this information out in the open as well, I am going to offer this bit of behind the scenes info., along with a reminder -

There is an absolute flurry of activity going on, emails, PMs, behind the scene threads, phone calls, htmls, jokes, hair pulling, thanks, questions, head scratching, key stroking, re-writing, more phone calls, googling, mapping, memory jarring, more typing, yet another html, code writing, manipulation, uhhhh, you get the idea!!!

I can assure you, the UN committee and those working in support of this event are at a fever pitch right now. We're adding content, verifying things are in place, cleaning up, and otherwise doing the things that must be done to minimize the consternation, issues, upset feelings, lack of understanding with the event, etc. that will go on, regardless of all of this effort.

It is VERY close. VERY close!!!! But, it will only get done as fat as it gets done . . . unless someone wants to pay a salary to the above mentioned peoples for being up to their knees in trying to get the things done that MUST be done to get the proper rollout accomplished while holding down jobs, moving deck chairs, shoveling snow, planning for their family holiday events, etc.

It's coming! You know the date, you know the location well enough to plan a flight (Sacramento, Oakland, Reno, Las Vegas, San Francsico, Los Angeles, Ontario, etc. (all within driving distance)), so hold on just a bit more!!!

As for Mark's comments, he is correct, almost! If you need help in these areas, let us know!! We have three bikes and can help if someone needs one, I'll personally call your boss to ensure without a doubt you have the time to be there, I will ride pillion with you (Jamie will be out leading a ride or 8), etc. And, just for Matt, I'll wear my Member's Only jacket!

Really! I know most of the jibes are in fun but these folks are working their tails off, on their own time, to make this happen in the most efficient way possible for you and YES, for themselves. You have a fair picture of where and exact dates. How far in advance do you need to book flights? Let's remember that it is only December right now, eh?

Easy for me to say, of course, since I know where it is. (insert evil, maniacal, laughter here.) :wave:

Actually, to book a flight on points (as my wife is doing on Air Canada) takes a fair bit of lead time to guarantee a seat in July (for us anyway). That's why I asked at last year's UnRally what the closest major airport was. My wife will be flying into Reno. That said, there's no guarantee how far it will be to the UnRally site, but hey I figure I can always visit Sierra BMW (might even need some tires).

But, it will only get done as fat as it gets done

unquote

Yo! Phat y'all! PHAT is needful in da hood! :rofl:!!

Word!! ;)

We are so close!!!! I'M GONNA PEE MY PANTS!!!!

And if you find a glitch somewhere, please PM Michael or I so we can deal with it. Killer is going to take a well-deserved break from the action.

Archived