IGNORED

23 Years & I'm Leaving The BMW Marque

Chunky

Maybe we can start a new Forum sub-category called "TRASH TALK" where we can all trash each others equipment and opinions, but it will be OK and no one will get upset because thats what the Forum is for. Then once we get it out of our system we can go back to the Motorcycle Talk forum and pat each other on the back and make friends and have good company.

Dan B.

Maybe we can start a new Forum sub-category called "TRASH TALK" where we can all trash each others equipment and opinions, but it will be OK and no one will get upset because thats what the Forum is for. Then once we get it out of our system we can go back to the Motorcycle Talk forum and pat each other on the back and make friends and have good company.

Dan B.

You don't have to start up a new sub-forum. Just sign up to www.advrider.com and go to "Jo Momma" :grin:

Sounds to me like you are the problem You state that these bikes were well maintained and yet you manage to blow 2 engines. I find that pretty inconceivable.

Good luck in your quest for an alternative but I bet you will blow those engines also!!!

Well, this opinion is stated in a kind of harsh and to the point fashion but it is an opinion and I think the person expressing an opinion should be respected. BMW power plants are proven to be extremely reliable unlike their trans input shafts and final drives. I do find it odd that the same individual should experience similar failures on separate machines with dissimilar motors. That said it is somewhat troubling that both machines were apparently maintained by either dealers or independent shops. My own opinion is that Bob has simply been unlucky. In other words his number came up simple as that. I have been a beemer enthusiast for about 30 years and my number has yet to come up, just lucky I guess but one of these daze......

Pretty sure I would get sympathy if my GT blew, everyone knows how I baby it. :grin:

Think I am the main reason they reduced the engine braking with software as I was overloading the FD. Us point and shoot guys have to stop, somehow. :rofl:

You don't have to start up a new sub-forum. Just sign up to www.advrider.com and go to "Jo Momma" :grin:

I'll admit to visiting Jo Momma, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is easily offended.

Archived