IGNORED

Official BMWST Death Valley Daze/MLK--Jan 16-19th!

KMG_365

BTW Greg-

No wireless DSL at the Exchange club... bring a Cat5 cable for high speed hookup in your room.

They have a limited amount of cables in the office (for a small deposit) but if you bring your own, you are IN.

Don't let the Duck shake ya up...he's semi respectable, even in our circles!!! ;) And.....Olancha is a great breakfast stop!!

Thanks, I'll take a cable. I think I'll probably go that way but I rarely stop anywhere once I get rolling. Especially with cold weather gear on! After a summer of long distances 250 miles feels like a trip to the store :=) I'm looking forward to this trip. DV was the first BMWRT trip I did many years ago.

gregg

I'm adding two more to the list,so now Myself, Cornelius, Clint and Scott! We will be leaving thru Mojave on Friday morning, and maybe picking up some of the Bakersfield crowd along the way(Crazy Canuck,check yer PM)

Mr Duck,

Jeff and I from Watsonville would like to meet you guys also

so have Corny give me a call or post where we cam meet aka 395\14

@12:00 etc

Great! :wave:

Here's the plan- be in Mojave around 8:00 or so, Pearsonville (14/395) about an hour later, more or less, then Olancha for a late breakfast around 10:30-11:00ish.

After breakfast can do two things. 190 thru DV to Beatty or go north aways thru Independance then over Westguard pass, and back down 95 to Beatty.

Those kinda big decisions are better off made on the spot over breakfast :thumbsup:

Sent ya a PM

I don't really much care about the eve of January the first, but I do know that it benchmarks about 15 days till I can fire the rockets for Death Valley.

To ya all Happy next Year..

I'm IN! Made reservations today for the 16th and 17th. Really looking forward to a road trip. Haven't had a chance to go anywhere on the bike in months.

Tank - Happy New year to you also maybe Scottys Castle

would be a good launching site

Yeah Baby, Ya know, I've been to Scotty Castle many times , over alot of years and last year I finily got up off my wallet and played tourist.... Took the tour and have thought that I need to do it again this year as it blew me away.... the craft-work in that place is truly wonderful.

A tip of the hat to gifted craftsman of a differant era.

Heck, I have no idea my route to DV as of the first of January.. its raining here now and some ice between here and somewhere.

But as the day gets closer and the weather patterns gel, I'll get a handle on my glidepath.....

I was with you on one tour of the Castle it was amazing .So was your Lead riding back from the Castle :grin:

J Roper and I will see ya there.

Hello -

I hope you guys don't mind a newbie tagging along for this event. A friend of mine who has participated in the DVD in past years told me about it. I've lurked around the thread and hobbled up enough information to book a hotel room. I'll be checking in on Friday the 16th and out on Sunday the 18th.

I've been in the Los Angeles area for the past 7 months (moved from Georgia). Nice year-round riding you've got out here... Bringing along the heated gear just in case however.

I'll be coming up with another rider who participated in the event in past years. We're likely leaving from the Santa Clarita area Friday late morning and heading up the 14 to the 395. Looks like a good route; still new to me.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Marc

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Marc

So Marc, whatcha gonna be bringing??? The Tuono or GS.

Long as ya bring the heated clothing....the rest don't matter..... Good times on either of the two!!!

Hope ta meet ya there Marc

Mark (Heck)

Tony / Mark - I don't think I could coax the Tuono out of the garage to be ridden in 40 degree weather... She's never experienced anything south of 65 degrees. The GS will eat it up though. Always game for any temp and any distance. Definitely have the heated jacket and gloves along.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

Marc

Looks like we will have a number of new faces this DVD-- Look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones-- See you all in a few weeks-- :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here's the plan- be in Mojave around 8:00 or so, Pearsonville (14/395) about an hour later, more or less, then Olancha for a late breakfast around 10:30-11:00ish.

After breakfast can do two things. 190 thru DV to Beatty or go north aways thru Independance then over Westguard pass, and back down 95 to Beatty.

Those kinda big decisions are better off made on the spot over breakfast :thumbsup:

Are you planning breakfast at the Ranch House Cafe?

Are you planning breakfast at the Ranch House Cafe?

You betcha :thumbsup:

See ya there? :wave:

I'm going to try to time it right! Route for me is pretty weather dependent though so we'll see as date gets closer. If things get wet and cold I will go through Baker staying at lower elevations!

Anyone keeping count of attendees? The first DVD I did (first BMWRT ride actually Jan '02) I thought I'd camp. I didn't think about the fact it got dark before 5PM and I really didn't have anything for light. I remember sitting in the dark waiting for someone who planned better to light a fire! The next year I trailer'd my RT behind my motorhome, that was much better. I've been motel'ing it ever since. Camping always seems like such a good idea sitting at home and not so much in the dark and cold. Even at John Day this summer I camped the first night and then moved to a motel room. Is anybody camping this year? I am such a wimp I know I know!

In or near Beatty, it is too cold to camp in my opinion. But if you are at Furnace Creek, it is not bad. I have camped there in January and February and it's been quite pleasant. The ride there and back from SLC is another thing :dopeslap: One trip down, it was 6 degrees F as we pulled into Old Cove Fort on I-15 to gas up. I was hoping it would warm up as we lost elevation from Cedar City, UT to St. George and into Mesquite, but it got dark and stayed cold. That was one cold trip, but I lived to tell about it and did it again the following year.

I am still working on my schedule and trying to pull strings to make it this year, and if I go, I will not be camping as I want to hang with you all in Beatty.

Still hoping...

You can count on this attendee being there together with Marc F and most likely F Cannarella. We will be looking forward to a good "toasty" ride in our electric gear and a fun BBQ evening.

If anyone care to join us on the ride to DV, we will most likely leave around 1:00 PM from Santa Clarita heading up Hwy 14 and then go by beautiful Trona on our way to DV.

Hedstrom

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I spent a week there in October 07 for some work related stuff. Anyone who has any bit of fascination regarding the Nevada Test Site should make the effort to go on the tour.

They're serious about the requirements and prohibited items. The only thing you're brining back from that place is a good story.

Mercury Nevada

Sedan Crater

(look how close to Groom Lake it is!) Actually, zoom out and take a peek at all the craters in Yucca Valley.

The Training Area where we spent most our time.

Also, the site of "T1" the first tower based Atomic Bomb explosion.

The Apple House.

The only remaining test house.

I would have gone on the tour but it appears dates are set in stone and do not correlate to DVD event date. Aside from that the only Jan tour is fully booked.

Okay!!!! :)

Here's the list I've got so far:

Leslie "Les is more"

Jamie "KMG_365"

Mark "mbelectric"

Joe "Coarsegoldkid"

Mark "Heck"

Jessica "Mrs. Heck" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

Dave "drswift"

Dave "AZKomet"

"Tony_K"

"Lori_K" (10)

Phil "1bmwfan" (subject to "HisOwnSelf syndrome")

HotJamie "2bmwfan" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

Gregg "tgregg"

Tim "10ovr"

Sebastian "stubble" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

Michael "SageRider"

Bill "Tank"

Don "mrduck"

Thor "Traveler1"

Jerry (20)

Mary-Anna

Barry

"ArizonaAl"

"Steves1150plus50" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

"BrianT" (subject to "Phil syndrome" and . . . no soup for him!)

"Crazy_Canuck" (subject to "Phil syndrome" . . . and shoulder surgery! :dopeslap: )

"Cornelis"

Clint

Scott

"Duke55" (30)

Jeff "JRoper"

"JoeG."

Bob "Killer" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

"barryNmarin"

"Bill_Walker"

Jeff "Effjay" . . . well?????

"Beagler"

Marc "MarcF"

"Unknown Rider" with "MarcF"

Andy "hindsight" (40)

Frank Cannarella

"hedstrom"

If no one succumbs to "Phil Syndrome" that's 42 folks in all! :clap:

I've got a call in to the owner of the Sourdough Saloon to arrange for Saturday night's dinner and "The New Owner" (since November?? :eek: ) is waiting for a confirmed head count to give me a final price per head for Saturday night's dinner. I'm going to do my damnedest to keep it under $20.00 a head (including the rental for the back room for all of us! :thumbsup: ) and I'll start a new thread for confirmation of Saturday night's dinner. If you're on the list above and you have a change of status (you're definitely in or out now or you're not staying for Saturday night's dinner) be sure to let me know.

Long range forecast looks like clear with highs in the 50's/60's and low's in the 30's. :clap:

Gregg, why would you camp when you can hotel it with Broadband for $45.00 a night? :dopeslap:

Ordered a new Odyssey battery from BatteryMart and it should be here Monday. I've got Monday afternoon or Wednesday to install it and then we're heading out Friday morning early. We hope to be there by dinner to grab some pizza at the Sourdough Saloon and take on all challengers at a game of pool! :Cool:

Hey "Bill_Walker"!! It looks like none of the other "Dry Town Crew" bastiges are going to make it. :(

But are you up for breakfast in Santa Ysabel and taking the back way out?? :clap:

Wow, great turn out. Thanks for the head count.

No "unknown rider" with MarcF, I'm riding in with Frank Cannarella and Hedstrom. So count is officially down by 1.

I'll confirm for Saturday's dinner on the new thread when started.

Thanks,

Marc

Jamie, barring untimely outbreak of "Phil Syndrome" - I'll be there. I didn't want to jinx with optimistic weather forecasts but since you posted up, let's look forward to good riding and our 1st BMWST fix of 2009 (west coast style)!

Jeff

Please add steve404

SWEEEEEEET!!!!! :clap:

Okay, here's the new list:

Leslie "Les is more"

Jamie "KMG_365"

Mark "mbelectric"

Joe "Coarsegoldkid"

Mark "Heck"

Jessica "Mrs. Heck" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

Dave "drswift"

Dave "AZKomet"

"Tony_K"

"Lori_K" (10)

Phil "1bmwfan" (subject to "HisOwnSelf syndrome")

HotJamie "2bmwfan" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

Gregg "tgregg"

Tim "10ovr"

Sebastian "stubble" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

Michael "SageRider"

Bill "Tank"

Don "mrduck"

Thor "Traveler1"

Jerry (20)

Mary-Anna

Barry

"ArizonaAl"

"Steves1150plus50" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

"BrianT" (subject to "Phil syndrome" and . . . no soup for him!)

"Crazy_Canuck" (subject to "Phil syndrome" . . . and shoulder surgery! dopeslap )

"Cornelis"

Clint

Scott

"Duke55" (30)

Jeff "JRoper"

"JoeG."

Bob "Killer" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

"barryNmarin"

"Bill_Walker"

"Beagler"

Marc "MarcF"

Andy "hindsight"

Frank Cannarella (40)

"hedstrom"

Tom "azkaisr"

Ken

"steve404"

I'm waiting to hear back from the Sourdough Saloon's new owner "Ruth" tomorrow on a price per head. I told her to count on about 35-40 . . . that "Phil Syndrome" strikes pretty hard this time of year! :grin:

So far the David's and Steve's are neck-and-neck, but the Mar©k's are pulling ahead! :rofl:

I'll start another thread for dinner when I get a chance. TIGTBSMFF!!!!! :clap:

Jamie, barring untimely outbreak of "Phil Syndrome" - I'll be there. I didn't want to jinx with optimistic weather forecasts but since you posted up, let's look forward to good riding and our 1st BMWST fix of 2009 (west coast style)!

Jeff

SWEEEEEEEEEET! :clap:
Love you, love your show! Y'all can just :P Now, I ain't tellin' ya what my wife bought me either!!

She buy ya a bicycle so ya have sumptin ta ride??? :Cool:

Love you, love your show! Y'all can just :P Now, I ain't tellin' ya what my wife bought me either!!

She buy ya a bicycle so ya have sumptin ta ride??? :Cool:

Ooooh! That'll leave a Heck! :rofl:

So bring it to DVD to show off! . . . or are you chicken?? :grin:

Gregg, why would you camp when you can hotel it with Broadband for $45.00 a night? :dopeslap:

Jamie, I'm for sure NOT camping. I was just telling my tale about my very first DVD MLK BMWRT trip a decade ago when I did camp. I actually think I was one of the first motel reservations this trip.

Thanks for pulling this trip and all together.

Gregg

Jamie, Mary-Anna is out, so she goes off the list. Peter, another rider will be coming down with me so you can add him.

Thanks

:/:/:/:/

Love you, love your show! Y'all can just :P

Now, I ain't tellin' ya what my wife bought me either!!

My guess is she got something to treat your FWS, "Farkel Withdrawal Syndrome." ;)

We've just made reservations for the weekend with you all. Looking forward to the trip through Death Valley!! Will try to hook up with Mr.Duck in Mojave on the way out....sounds like lots of fun!!! Kathy and Phil Harvey

Yippee! With the weird weather, the snow is melting here in the Cascades, and the roads are almost clear. I just made a reservation at the Exchange Club for Sat/Sun.

If weather holds, I'll be there to say hi again to all the great riders I met at spring Torrey and the UN in John Day.

It's just 700+ miles from up north here, so I gotta watch all the high altitude roads. I don't want to do a "Swift-n-slide". Hi, Dave :wave:

Archived