IGNORED

Official BMWST Death Valley Daze/MLK--Jan 16-19th!

KMG_365

Way cool Bill.... Bend can be hard to get out of in winter.... A few years back I got stuck in Medford in the worst ICE storm in years.... All weather lists predected good weather... CHP webcams in Williams on the I-5 showed clear skys in the Passes, 4 and a 1/2 hours later Bam snow in the SisQ's and Medford iced over.

I look forward to seeing you again, Bill. I'll propitiate the weather gods. Too bad we can't ride together, but I cannot leave here until Fri, taking 2 days for the ride so I'm not in the dark with our typical 15-20 degree lows from here to the northern reaches of 395.

Take care on your ride over. See you at the Sat eve dinner.

Bill

I'm hoping to meet the riders at Olancha for breakfast Friday morning between 10:30 and 11AM. Is there gas at Olancha?

If all goes well, we will see ya in Olancha :wave:

No gas there,either in Indian Wells (190) or further north on 395 if you're gonna do the Westgard Pass loop.

Google says there is a mobil mini-mart gas station in Olancha. Any one know if it's still open?

No sweat.....If that station isn't open in Olancha a short 20 miles up the road north, about 15 minutes or so away, on the south end of Lone Pine there's a big Chevron on your left.......Hwy 136 takes off from close to there leading to Death Valley...There is also gas at Pearsonville which is 32 miles south of Olancha...A Shell I think...

Indian Wells is on 395 and no gas that I can remember....A brewery and a restuarant open at night is about all that is there....Yeah......A Brewery in the middle of the desert.... :grin:

Google says there is a mobil mini-mart gas station in Olancha. Any one know if it's still open?

No sweat.....If that station isn't open in Olancha a short 20 miles up the road north, about 15 minutes or so away, on the south end of Lone Pine there's a big Chevron on your left.......Hwy 136 takes off from close to there leading to Death Valley...There is also gas at Pearsonville which is 32 miles south of Olancha...A Shell I think...

Indian Wells is on 395 and no gas that I can remember....A brewery and a restuarant open at night is about all that is there....Yeah......A Brewery in the middle of the desert.... :grin:

There is also a large Chevron station at Coso Junction, 15 miles south of Olancha on US395. (Same exit as the rest stop.)

Okay, for those of you who missed it, there is a Dinner RSVP thread here.

Here's the updated list of riders. So far we've got 46 riders and 37 who have RSVP'd for Saturday night's dinner! :clap:

Leslie "Les is more" (dinner)

Jamie "KMG_365" (dinner)

Joe "Coarsegoldkid"

Mark "Heck" (dinner)

Jessica "Mrs. Heck" (dinner)

Dave "drswift"

Dave "AZKomet"

"Tony_K" (dinner)

"Lori_K" (dinner)

Gregg "tgregg" (dinner) (10/7)

Tim "10ovr"

Sebastian "stubble" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

Michael "SageRider" (dinner)

Bill "Tank" (dinner)

Don "mrduck" (dinner)

Thor "Traveler1" (dinner)

Jerry (dinner)

Peter (dinner)

Barry (dinner)

"ArizonaAl" (dinner) (20/15)

"Steves1150plus50" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

"BrianT" (dinner)

Rob "Crazy_Canuck" (dinner)

"Cornelis" (dinner)

Clint (dinner)

Scott (dinner)

"Duke55" (dinner)

Jeff "JRoper" (dinner)

Danny (dinner)

"JoeG." (30/23)

Bob "Killer" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

"barryNmarin" (dinner)

"Bill_Walker" (dinner)

Jeff "Effjay" (dinner)

Steve "Beagler" (dinner)

Roy (dinner)

Marc "MarcF" (dinner)

Andy "hindsight"

Frank Cannarella (dinner)

Hakan "hedstrom" (dinner) (40/31)

Tom "azkaisr" (dinner)

Ken (dinner)

"steve404" (dinner)

Kathy "Beemer Babe" (dinner)

Phil "Redbrick" (dinner)

Bill "BendBill" (dinner) (46/37)

Thanks, sounds like plenty of gas available. I do remember that Chevron, that works. As long as I can fill up on 395 up there I should be good to go till Beatty. See you all Friday.

I had a buddy cancel on me, so I have an open bunk in my room at the Exchange-- If anyone is interested in sharing "The Bat Cave" let me know by PM or phone call--

I'm booked in for Friday and Saturday nights----

Looks like we will have a great turnout for this year's DVD-- See you all there

I must remove my name from the list. I was just informed that we are having a birthday party for my oldest daughter, Sid, on the 18th. She turnes 13 on the 25th, but Debi's family wants to celebrate on the 18th. :dopeslap:

So far my new years resolution to be more like 1bmwfan is still in tact. Hi Phil. :lurk:

I am a new comer to the forum. I wish I saw this weeks ago. Maybe next time. Have a great time!

Shoot, it's only Monday, ya still got all week :thumbsup:

I am a new comer to the forum. I wish I saw this weeks ago. Maybe next time. Have a great time!

So, Paul . . . you need us to make a phone call or somethin' for ya? It's the least we could do for a newbie! :)

Seriously, welcome to the group and this is going to be a great chance to meet up with some of the local crazies and ride some very different roads. It'll also help get you pumped for Texas Hill County in March, Spring Torrey in Utah in May, Top of the Rockies in Colorado in July and possibly riding all the way to New Hampshire for our annual "UnRally" in August! :clap:

Anyway, if you can at all pull it off I think you'll have a fun time . . . and we'll even save you some steak! :wave:

So sorry to say I must cancel. Work and minor medical stuff. I'll miss seeing old friends and new. Have a great DVD, all.

There will be an open room at the Exchange Club [ 2 beds ] tomorrow AM

Thanks for all your work, Jamie and Leslie.

Okay, for those of you who missed it, there is a Dinner RSVP thread here.

Here's the updated list of riders. So far we've got 46 riders and 37 who have RSVP'd for Saturday night's dinner! :clap:

Jamie "KMG_365" (dinner)

Joe "Coarsegoldkid"

Mark "Heck" (dinner)

Dave "drswift"

Dave "AZKomet"

"Tony_K" (dinner)

"Lori_K" (dinner)

Gregg "tgregg" (dinner) (10/7)

Tim "10ovr"

Sebastian "stubble" (subject to "Phil syndrome")

Bill "Tank" (dinner)

Don "mrduck" (dinner)

Jerry (dinner)

Peter (dinner)

Barry (dinner)

"ArizonaAl" (dinner) (20/15)

"BrianT" (dinner)

Rob "Crazy_Canuck" (dinner)

"Cornelis" (dinner)

Clint (dinner)

Scott (dinner)

"Duke55" (dinner)

Jeff "JRoper" (dinner)

Danny (dinner)

"JoeG." (30/23)

"barryNmarin" (dinner)

"Bill_Walker" (dinner)

Jeff "Effjay" (dinner)

Steve "Beagler" (dinner)

Roy (dinner)

Marc "MarcF" (dinner)

Andy "hindsight"

Hakan "hedstrom" (dinner) (40/31)

Tom "azkaisr" (dinner)

Ken (dinner)

"steve404" (dinner)

Phil "Redbrick" (dinner)

Bill "BendBill" (dinner) (46/37)

I'm in! Just made my reservation for Saturday and Sunday nights. I will sign up for dinner too. I plan to leave 5am Saturday from Red Bluff, CA on I-5 to Sacramento, up Hwy50 to hwy89 and then to 395 and then on to Beatty with a 2:30pm arrival time (Hopefully). Does anyone know if the 168 and 266 is ok to ride out of Bishop over to the 95? See you there.

Paul (Red Bluff, CA)

So, Paul . . . you need us to make a phone call or somethin' for ya? It's the least we could do for a newbie! :)

Seriously, welcome to the group and this is going to be a great chance to meet up with some of the local crazies and ride some very different roads. It'll also help get you pumped for Texas Hill County in March, Spring Torrey in Utah in May, Top of the Rockies in Colorado in July and possibly riding all the way to New Hampshire for our annual "UnRally" in August! :clap:

Anyway, if you can at all pull it off I think you'll have a fun time . . . and we'll even save you some steak! :wave:

Well guys the steak did it! I reserved a room for Sat and Sun. I even signed up for the dinner. See you there. :clap:

I'm in! Just made my reservation for Saturday and Sunday nights. I will sign up for dinner too. I plan to leave 5am Saturday from Red Bluff, CA on I-5 to Sacramento, up Hwy50 to hwy89 and then to 395 and then on to Beatty with a 2:30pm arrival time (Hopefully). Does anyone know if the 168 and 266 is ok to ride out of Bishop over to the 95? See you there.

Paul (Red Bluff, CA)

SR89 over Monitor pass is closed for the winter. (Between US395 & SR4)

168 & 266 showing as open. No idea on actual conditions.

2nd hand US395 report from last weekend is about a 1/2 mile long icy patch across all lanes in Bridgeport area (possibly Walker Canyon.)last weekend.

Overall, relatively warm and dry across the entire eastern Sierra for the last week, and predicted to continue through the weekend.

FYI Westgard Pass on 168 is at 7300'. At least one pass (Conway Summit) on US395 is at 8143'

Dang, I'm sorry to hear you guys will miss DVD this year. It's looking like it's going to be a great weekend! :(

There's always Torrey! :clap:

Here's the latest list:

Jamie "KMG_365" (dinner)

Joe "Coarsegoldkid" (dinner)

Mark "Heck" (dinner)

Dave "drswift" (dinner)

Dave "AZKomet"

"Tony_K" (dinner)

"Lori_K" (dinner)

Gregg "tgregg" (dinner) (10/9)

Tim "10ovr"

Bill "Tank" (dinner)

Don "mrduck" (dinner)

Jerry (dinner)

Peter (dinner)

Barry (dinner)

"ArizonaAl" (dinner)

"Steves1150plus50" (subject to "Phil syndrome") (20/8)

"BrianT" (dinner)

"Crazy_Canuck" (dinner)

"Cornelis" (dinner)

Clint (dinner)

Scott (dinner)

"Duke55" (dinner)

Jeff "JRoper" (dinner)

Danny (dinner)

"JoeG."

Bob "Killer" (subject to "Phil syndrome") (30/8)

"barryNmarin" (dinner)

"Bill_Walker" (dinner)

Jeff "Effjay" (dinner)

Steve "Beagler" (dinner)

Roy (dinner)

Marc "MarcF" (dinner)

Tom "azkaisr" (dinner)

Ken (dinner)

"steve404" (dinner) (40/10)

Phil "Redbrick" (dinner)

"lvnvbiker" (dinner)

Mrs. "lvnvbiker" (dinner?)

"johnlt" (dinner)

Paul "RT07" (dinner)

Jan "Twisties" (dinner)

Sharon "Bullett" (dinner)

"JerryMather" (dinner?)

"BadAdam" (dinner?) (50/10)

(45 dinners)

The penultimate roster of attendees:

Jamie "KMG_365" (dinner)

Joe "Coarsegoldkid" (dinner)

Mark "Heck" (dinner)

Dave "drswift" (dinner)

Dave "AZKomet"

"Tony_K" (dinner)

"Lori_K" (dinner)

Gregg "tgregg" (dinner) (10/9)

Tim "10ovr"

Bill "Tank" (dinner)

Don "mrduck" (dinner)

Jonathan Costello (dinner)

Jerry (dinner)

Peter (dinner)

Barry (dinner)

"ArizonaAl" (dinner) (20/9)

"BrianT" (dinner)

"Crazy_Canuck" (dinner)

"Cornelis" (dinner)

Clint (dinner)

Scott (dinner)

"Duke55" (dinner)

Jeff "JRoper" (dinner)

Danny (dinner)

"JoeG." (30/8)

"barryNmarin" (dinner)

"Bill_Walker" (dinner)

Jeff "Effjay" (dinner)

Steve "Beagler" (dinner)

Roy (dinner)

Marc "MarcF" (dinner)

Tom "azkaisr" (dinner)

Ken (dinner) (40/9)

"steve404" (dinner)

Phil "Redbrick" (dinner)

"johnlt" (dinner)

Paul "RT07" (dinner)

Jan "Twisties" (dinner)

Sharon "Bullett" (dinner)

"JerryMather" (dinner?)

"BadAdam" (dinner?) (49/7-9?)

Looks like as many as 49 folks total with as many as 44 dinners. I'll give Ruth a call tonight and confirm the total above. If there are any more changes please post and I'll try to give her a head's up tomorrow from work if I get a chance.

I've got to get someone to come in early for me on Friday morning so Les and I can get on the road. I just installed a new Odyssey battery in Maynard last night and I think Arianrhod's ready to go, so we'll see you there Friday night!! :clap:

We should be there by 18:30 hours or so, but if we're a bit late for any reason, be sure to save us some pizza at the Sourdough Saloon and tell the "Beatty Cowboys" that Her Majesty "The Queen" aka "Mama Hoon" will be there shortly to receive them! :rofl:

49 hoons....

Probably more than Beatty has seen in a while.

You people better behave. Got a rep to protect... :D

Play safe.

MB>

I just talked with Ruth at the Sourdough Saloon and they're all ready for our dinner for as many as 44 folks on Saturday night! :clap:

Let's call the start time at 19:00 hours (7:00pm) at the Sourdough for Saturday night's dinner and I also gave her a head's up that we'd be trickling in (in slightly lower numbers) for pizza and beer on Friday night as well. I'm going to forward her a link to this thread so she can keep up with any last minute changes.

See you all on Friday! :clap:

I ahve come down with Strep and won't be making it after all, I am realy bummed out about it but there is Torrey... That is if I don't get sick before or on the way to it. I am starting to think that I'm jinxed for BMWST events, so far I am 2 for 2 on being or getting sick when at or planning on attending.

Paul (Red Bluff, CA)

SR89 over Monitor pass is closed for the winter. (Between US395 & SR4)

168 & 266 showing as open. No idea on actual conditions.

2nd hand US395 report from last weekend is about a 1/2 mile long icy patch across all lanes in Bridgeport area (possibly Walker Canyon.)last weekend.

Overall, relatively warm and dry across the entire eastern Sierra for the last week, and predicted to continue through the weekend.

FYI Westgard Pass on 168 is at 7300'. At least one pass (Conway Summit) on US395 is at 8143'

Thanks again Michael for the info. I decided to go 36E out of my home town of Red Bluff to Reno where I'll pick up the 95 down to beatty. I'm still looking at a 2:30 or so arrival time on Sat.

I'll be picking up US95A in Yerington, then down US95 from Schurz.

DRSwift (from Grass Valley) will also coming down US95.

:wave:

Michael, about what time will you be in Schurz? I'll pm you my cell phone number. :clap:

Finally booked my room! See you all tomorrow. Jamie, usual plan (SY at 8:00?).
Hey Bill! :wave:

Glad you can make it but I wasn't sure and when I didn't hear a definite "IN!" from you earlier (sorry I meant to give you a call) I didn't arrange for leave tonight. I thought it was just going to be Les and I, so I'm coming off shift in the morning and I have to go home first to pack a few last minute things. Sorry, dude, but there's no way we'll be in SY by 08:00. If I don't have a late call tomorrow morning and my buddy comes in an hour early to relieve me (the current plan) I might be able to be on the road by 07:30-08:00. We'll be taking the traditional route and riding through SY anyway so we can either try to catch up with you there or at Mecca, J-Tree or Ed Chada's for lunch I suppose. Sound like a plan? :)

The weather is going to be so incredible this weekend I have decided to roll up in a muscle tee, shorts and flip flops!

Well, not quite but full mesh is certain. :thumbsup: Rolling out tomorrow via the high road through Mojave.

All packed and the RT is loaded and aimed at the garage door. Leaving at 8AM tomorrow morning up 395 to Olancha. Will check out the restaurant for others there before heading across on the 190. I've done many years of DVD trips but this will be my first trip to Beatty and my first entry from the West side. It sounds like we'll be having great weather and a good group. Mapquest says 247 miles, so I nice easy ride. I'm ready right now, patience is not my best quality. :=))

Gregg

Staying in Lone Pine tonite. My RT is pointed south in the morning for brekker in Olancha. The roads have been fantastic Very lite chp activity from Tahoe to Lone Pine. In fact very Lite to zero traffic. Dang, but I'm happy and excited

Archived