IGNORED

BRR Check in and tales

Knifemaker

Well, I didn't do a lot of riding this time, thought I'd take a

page from Marty's book and spend some time in the rockin chair's.

However I did manage to take a couple of pic's that I haven't

see posted yet.

When I pulled up to the motel Thursday guess who was the offical

greeter? Sharon had just arrived also.

393380036_yJyFf-S.jpg

I did make to wheels through time with Keith. Always good to see

you my friend.

393380441_yjnwm-S.jpg

Then there was the cook out.

393381749_h3CjL-S.jpg

If anyone is on the fence about comming to a BRR you are missing

something.

393382813_mUZTD-S.jpg

and a few friends, Ron B and Paul.

393382644_M5VcM-S.jpg

You know who you are.

393382992_qVzcp-S.jpg

Always glad to see a new member(Cheryl)

393383333_ok8JC-S.jpg

Pete was having a good time.

393384134_SgYAa-S.jpg

And then there was Matt. A fine job my friend.

393384551_Sme92-S.jpg

Can't wait until next year.

Allrighty...Someone has to post killboy.com photos.

For those that don't know, killboy is a photographer that sets up somewhere along The Dragon, US 129, through Deals Gap and takes pictures that you can buy from his site.

Here are a couple of me from Thursday the 9th when Keith and I did the Cherohala and Deals Gap.

This is Keith (OoPEZoO) with me tucked in behind.

1.jpg

These two are me...with my best "I hope to heck I know what I'm doing on this road pose"

3.jpg

2.jpg

David

Yep...that is the photo I saw on your smugmug account before I bought the bike.

Makes for a heck of a sales poster. :grin:

David

I don't know......I think the suspension looks a little more "unsprung" in Davids photo. :grin:

I was really looking forward to getting one of my photos framed into an 8x10 but I wasn't really happy with any of the angles. The first one you posted there (of the two of us) is about the best of the bunch. I guess I'll just have to ride back down next year and let them take some more pics of me

David, you and Keith are demonstrating excellent body position. Great work!

If you encountered the need for more lean angle, you'd probably want to move your shoulders forward and more toward the inside, but it's a very good setup for that pace.

Were you happy with the line, or do you think you might want to turn it a tad later? It's always hard to tell, for me, just looking at a picture.

You all look terrific there.

Were you happy with the line, or do you think you might want to turn it a tad later? It's always hard to tell, for me, just looking at a picture.

Funny you should mention that. The line in the pictures wasn't that horrible. There was ample room to either side in the lane if had been needed. IIRC when those pictures were taken we were coming up on some slower traffic and were not really going all that fast.

However, a little ways past where that picture was taken, I blew my line rather spectacularly on a left-hander and got into the center line paint. Fortunately it was not a blind left-hander as I could see both edges of the road all the way through, but there was no good reason to be where I was. I simply over-anticipated the turn. :dopeslap:

This is one of the things I like about the days of concentrated mountain riding that we have at the BRR. Each time I come back with some things I need to work on and this time I have homework to do on late apexes...particularly left-handers. :grin:

David

What you guys don't realize is that he is trying to ride in between the lines (not that easy), anyone can ride on the right or left side of the road. :grin:

Archived