IGNORED

BRR Check in and tales

Knifemaker

Back in Greenville at just after 10:00...supervised (i.e. had a cup of coffee and watched) Shawn and Mitch as they fixed Mitch's bike at Shawn's house. :grin::thumbsup:

...home by noon.

I had a tremendous time. It was good to meet everyone again. Great riding and even better company.

Huge thanks to Matt and Shawn for all the hard, behind the scenes coordination and planning it takes to pull these things off.

...so we got the dates for the Spring BRR yet? :lurk:

David

Made it back at 5:25 pm. Total mileage, 1,498. My first BMW gathering, had a great time. Can't wait for the next one. As PRC said, thanks to those who made it possible. Thanks to the Tallahassee crew who took me under their wing and thanks to Tom for taking me on a fantastic tour of North Carolina and the surrounding States. I brought a camera to take pictures, but I ended up riding so much that not only did I not take any, but I almost missed the Saturday dinner. See ya next time.

On a side note, I would like to thank my wife for not buying PRC my motocycle.

Just got home about 45min ago. Had a long but awesome day of riding.....Maggie Valley to York, PA in 13 hours and I only spent about 20 min on the highway. Just a hair under 1500 miles for the total trip.

Got another ticket in VA.....I'm a slow learner :dopeslap:

Shawn, Matt, and Dianne.......thanks for all the work of setting everything up. I had a great time and hope to see everyone again next year.

11 hrs of slab to make it home. Why do I live here??

I really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Let's do it again in the spring.

Bless you all and keep safe.

Dianne, Nathan and I just got back about 10 minutes ago. We left late and had a long stop for lunch and sightseeing at Tallulah Gorge/Falls on the way home.

A great weekend, thanks everyone for Giving Shawn and me a good excuse to go the mountains!

Thought you all might enjoy this pic. I took it off the Cowee Mountains Overlook on the BRP on Friday just before I got to Maggie Valley. The rain had just cleared, and the clouds were blowing up over the back of the ridge and up over my head. Awesome moment.

392612387_GCaSW-L.jpg

Hi All! Made it to Charlotte after exploring some fantastic roads with Keith (very nice to meet you! and thanks for navigating!) :clap: Will be slabbing it home to Nashville tomorrow :(

So good to see my dear friends and meet so many new folks, including my roomie for the weekend! (Cheryl ... you rock! BTW, I have decided on a new moniker for we rockin' women ... "BBS" ... will explain later!!) :grin:

Will look forward to seeing you all again soon! :wave:

11 hrs of slab to make it home. Why do I live here?

Rich, you live here in the land of the "mid-western twisty" (highway ramps) because you can make BBR in a day and Torrey in 2 1/2.

Wait a minute, I make Torrey in 2 1/2 days, you do it in 1 1/2 days after snow plowing Vail pass with your RT.

:grin:

Made it home at 8:45 CT. Leg felt better than I expected, and the weather was great so Rich and I high-tailed it all the way.

Many thanks to Shawn, Matt and Dianne. I had I great time.

Will see you all in the spring!

Great seeing everyone, if only for a short while. We're home after a brief side trip to an event sponsored by "the other board". Christine and I had a great weekend of riding while managing to dodge all about but about 5 minutes of rain :thumbsup:

Thanks to the organizers and helpers (even though I didn't get my brat...wah :) )

We had fun just picking points on the map and letting the GPS route us there on the minor roads:

392687701_yMLx3-M.jpg

I'm glad Christine is always up for the occasional gravel road:

392686976_HFybe-M.jpg

197 is one wacky road:

392687120_iLRy8-M.jpg

Always cool being above the clouds/fog:

392686816_PuUSN-M.jpg

392687953_4PbJN-M.jpg

392688063_AeURN-M.jpg

Big-t working his mojo:

392688383_ZMSxG-M.jpg

Always fun riding with big-t:

392688864_2gX3X-M.jpg

392688917_vyjYs-M.jpg

And learning the secrets to longevity:

392686444_YWNwU-M.jpg

Till the next one...

Just got home about 20 min ago!

Left Maggie Valley at 7:00 this morning. According to my GPS, 868 miles covered in 15.5 hours. 2 hours of that was stopped time so really 13.5 hours of riding!

Of course almost all of it was on the highway, so not as interesting as the ride down.

Once again I had a fantastic time!

Nice to meet everyone again, and few new people as well!

Thanks again Shawn, Matt and Dianne!

Was wondering what happened with Mitch and his mysterious clutch problem. Any updates? David mentioned watching them fix Mitch's bike, so does that mean that they were successfull?

Andy.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Back in Greenville at just after 10:00...supervised (i.e. had a cup of coffee and watched) Shawn and Mitch as they fixed Mitch's bike at Shawn's house. :grin::thumbsup:

...And the repair was successful. After a late start (11:30 AM) from 80+ miles south of BRR, I pulled into my garage at 10 PM.

For those who did not hear at all: my bike crapped out yesterday afternoon 20 miles short of the Maggie Valley Inn. Thought it was the clutch cable at first, but the cable was fine. David skipped out on The Big Dinner to cruise down to Shawn's house and grab Shawn's truck/trailer, then drive it back up to BRR to get my bike. We got it back to the hotel at about 10 PM, but it wasn't until this morning that we discovered the problem was a broken actuator arm on the back of the gearbox. Broken parts on a Sunday 600+ miles from home is usually a major downer, but in this case the part was fairly accessible, and we had spare parts available in Shawn's garage (in the form of Shawn's old R1100RT and Rainy's R1100R :grin:). So this morning Shawn and David trucked down to Greer, and I got to ride Shawn's new R12RT down along with them. In about an hour's time we took the actuator arm from Rainy's R1100R and installed in my bike, and I was ready to go. :Cool:

Thanks again to all the folks who came together to help me out, and a big thanks to Shawn and Matt again for organizing the whole event; well worth the trip! :thumbsup:

Mitch, glad to hear it was a quick and easy fix. Thanks to Matt/Di and Shawn for doing all the work. Oh, and I'm home.

It was good to see everyone again and the roads are great around Maggie Valley.

Thanks to Shawn and Matt for the efforts.

David skipped out on The Big Dinner to cruise down to Shawn's house and grab Shawn's truck/trailer, then drive it back up to BRR to get my bike. We got it back to the hotel at about 10 PM, but it wasn't until this morning that we discovered the problem was a broken actuator arm on the back of the gearbox. Broken parts on a Sunday 600+ miles from home is usually a major downer, but in this case the part was fairly accessible, and we had spare parts available in Shawn's garage (in the form of Shawn's old R1100RT and Rainy's R1100R :grin:). So this morning Shawn and David trucked down to Greer, and I got to ride Shawn's new R12RT down along with them. In about an hour's time we took the actuator arm from Rainy's R1100R and installed in my bike, and I was ready to go. :Cool:

Wow, I had no idea. Nice work guys.

197 is one wacky road:

392687120_iLRy8-M.jpg

That is a pretty crazy road. I rode it on the way over to Maggie Valley last spring. As the DOT Foreman says "Hey guys, lets build a bunch of really tight S turns onto the side of the mountain for fun but no purpose!". Great gravel road once it gets to the top too. Here is my shot from the springtime

BRR_SP08-052.jpg

Calvin  (no socks)

Thanks to the friends that made it happen, Shawn, Matt, and Dianne, and Nathan... I had a surgical strike of a trip, no pictures, no souveniers, no performance awards..just a warm fuzzy feeling from spending time with friends. Met a few new characters/friends, an structural steel engineer from NY, Art, (formerly ArtB) an unusual fellow with a rubber chicken in his avitar. Keith er...(Opeoseo..Opezoeo... Opeezo...OpezeO...)

I zipped over to Charlotte, had coffee with a friend. A side trip I almost put off........But, I thought about our honoring Rodger at dinner.... and concluded I would not reschedule my friend. Life is short, not enough hours in the day, ride like the wind my friends.

I got home on Sunday at around 5:00. It could have been only a 3 hour ride back to Atlanta but the day was to nice to waste on not taking the long way back. It was a great weekend of rideing and meeting new friends. This was the first event for me to meet some of the people from this board. I have been reading and learning for years, just never ventured out to any of the events. I am looking forward to the next one. Thanks to everyone.

David

Back in yesterday afternoon,great seeing everybody again:thumbsup:

Discovered VA 58 today, between Damascus and Volney. This is one badass road.

...sorry Art,that road was closed forever yesterday... :cry:

Don't be giving up our local secrets ...... :D

Beth and I arrived safely yesterday.

444 miles, 7 hours riding time, no slab, 100 miles of rain, lunch at Chez Waffle.

A wonderful ride with my favorite person.

Today is the 29th anniversary of when we met :clap:.

I didn't tell her 'til we got home that the clutch is ???? :dopeslap:

Thanks to Shawn, (and Rainey), Matt & D, and all who made it a great time.

Ride tale w/geocaching stashing to follow.

Back home with no fuss and no muss. All the HP I saw were preoccupied with others; even the one in the SUV whose bumper I zipped up on before seeing the tag (HP###). Oops, oh well, I was less than 15 over and wondering why nobody else was tailgating him.

I don't know how Shawn and Matt can do such a wonderful job. Getting such a great group together, planning just the right foods for the meals; heck, even the weather cooperated.

Thanks to Shawn, Matt, and Diane for a great event! Glad to hear everyone arrived home safely, too. Also glad to hear Mitch got his bike fixed so quickly!

My trip home was uneventful, in that it only took five minutes from the Maggie Valley Inn...

I hope someone took some photos of the Fall colors. They were really nice above 4000 feet on the Cherohala.

The BRR is so many things and I will try to describe it as best I can through pictures and some words....One thing I can tell you.... it is a..........

393094155_vNuyL-M.jpg

The BRR is about friends...

393093863_6qmdf-M.jpg

393094256_k4U3q-M.jpg

393094273_MFYHd-M.jpg

393094307_2Vk8c-M.jpg

393094339_MBmTE-M.jpg

393094334_R7Gt5-M.jpg

393094529_PKZsa-M.jpg

393094462_xkckC-M.jpg

Some times it is about fallen frinds and riders...a moment of silence....

393094541_L5De9-M.jpg

BRR can be about the next generation...Nathan...ride buddy ride...

393094582_prxgH-M.jpg

BRR is about experiences and the unexpected...

393094217_8FK83-M.jpg

393094446_vqMAU-M.jpg

393094154_Exsfo-M.jpg

393094717_aAiNN-M.jpg

393094450_eV8x8-M.jpg

BRR is about the COLORS!!!!

393093917_VgwKU-M.jpg

393094001_bmoe8-M.jpg

393094023_cUN6m-M.jpg

393094079_v328x-M.jpg

393094097_JCEUv-M.jpg

393094390_vK9ma-M.jpg

393094591_TYrZc-M.jpg

393094776_PJ5hT-M.jpg

393094716_eCgCW-M.jpg

393094636_gtkPk-M.jpg

393094796_VFdzb-M.jpg

Mrs Knifemaker and I would like to thank.... Shawn. Matt, Diane, and all the great people of this board for helping in a wonderful trip....

Keith... thanks for being with Mrs. Knifemaker and I as we took the Killer Harley on its first GS adventure. Debbie says she will never forget the experience of looking down the side of a mountain's edges in a side car.

If you could not make it this year try and make it next.....

Keith... thanks for being with Mrs. Knifemaker and I as we took the Killer Harley on its first GS adventure. Debbie says she will never forget the experience of looking down the side of a mountain's edges in a side car.

Always a pleasure :thumbsup:

It was great spending the day together, hope we can do it again sometime.

Hey Ken,

Were you doing your Marty Hill impersonation at the Starbucks on 441/I-85 around 2pm on Sunday? I saw a GS out front...

I just got done dumping and uploading my pictures and I've realized a few things.

1. I need to just splurge and buy a better camera. This point and shoot sucks, and non of the pictures do the scenes any justice.

2. I need to take more pictures of my friends than I do scenery. The scenery will always be back next year. And the scenery is really second fiddle to why I come to these events. Lesson learned.

now on to the tale

Tuesday

I worked and rode down to Richmond that afternoon where I spent the night at James's (jbr7t) house. I got to meet his 6 1/2 month old daughter Emma, and was lucky enough to be there for her to utter Da-da in front of him for the first time. It got us all a little choked up and was a pretty special moment. 30 min later I was on the road, but not before snapping a pic of James's newly acquired R75.

BRR_Fall_08-001_.jpg

Wednesday

I had a nice backroad romp planned from Richmond to Maggie Valley and everything was going along splendidly until I made a right hand turn onto "Short Cut Rd" in VA. It had just begun to rain and the road immediately turned to gravel. Gravel doesn't bother me at all. Then the road turned to red clay/dirt/mud.......raining harder now. I'm somewhat OK with sliding around and the GPS says its a short road. Then I see the sign about how the rest of the road is unmaintained. Against better judgement I pushed on in the pouring rain. Here are two pics from right before the road got REALLY bad. It was barely wide enough for a ATV, and I had branches hitting me from both sides. It was also completely littered with rocks about the size of baseballs/softballs and completely covered in leaves

BRR_Fall_08-004_.jpg

BRR_Fall_08-0052.jpg

The path wound down the side of a mountain to a clearing at the bottom and then proceeded to disappear into a creek. I hopped off, looked up the creek and saw the path go out the other side about 40-50ft up stream. hmm......cross the creek, or backtrack 20+ miles of hell? Across the creek we go. It can only get better right?. The path zig zagged back and forth through the creek 4-5 times before I finally got through it all. At one point I stalled it in the middle and put my foot down only to realize the water was deeper than my Oxtar's. Not exactly fun, but I made it through unscathed.......then my gas light comes on. Luckily, the path shortly turned back to dirt, then gravel, then pavement. I then found my way to the BRP and headed for the nearest gas station. This was miserable. It was pouring, I was drenched with sweat from my little adventure, my left foot was soggy, and my "waterproof" gloves are apparently a joke. I battled the fog on the BRP for about 25 miles and filled my tank with 87 octane from a station near Fancy Gap. At this point I had had enough and I reprogrammed the GPS for highway mode and slabbed it down 77 to 40 to 19 right into Maggie Valley. I felt a lot better once I got a hot shower and a beer. I ran into David (OverMyHead) down at the bar and we exchanged wet traveling stories. By this time a few other riders began to trickle in soaking wet......Mitch, the Knifemakers, and eventually Matt and Dianne. It was nice to see some friendly faces and great to be finally out of the weather.

Thursday

I met up with David (OverMyHead) during breakfast and we decided to head west for the Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap. We followed one of the preplanned routes that gave us a full day of riding and almost exactly 300 miles. Absolutely perfect day. Almost zero traffic and ideal conditions. The only nitpick was the wet roads in the morning and a bit of leaves and slime stuck to the roads. We didn't really stop to take pictures anywhere, we more more interested in hustling down the road. I did manage to snap a shot of David while we were waiting for some Harley's to unclog themselves from the roadway on Deals Gap.

BRR_Fall_08-0072.jpg

The rest of the afternoon/evening was spent enjoying some frosty beverages in the company of friends.

Friday

Great day.....total mileage of 7.3 miles. I had breakfast, drank a few extra cups of coffee, and made sure those nice rocking chairs were well protected. Just before lunchtime, Roger (rogera) and I rode up to the Wheels Through Time museum. There were a lot of really interesting things to see there (some motorcycle, some not). I took a lot of pics, but the lighting is really poor and they aren't much to look at. I did manage to take this one that really struck a cord with me. I thought it really helped bring out the emotion of riding through the hills on a perfect day.

BRR_Fall_08-0622.jpg

After the museum, Roger and I had lunch at a rather bland attempt at an authentic Mexican restaurant. It wasn't bad, but it just as easily could have been Taco Bell. We then promptly rode back to the MVI and made sure our rocking chairs were properly protected. As the evening went on, I recall a lot of hand shaking and socializing during the brat cookout. I really enjoyed spending the day with you Roger. I just hope he don't have to wait another 14 months to do it again. Another perfect day of vacation.

Saturday

Convinced that the weather was iffy and it was going to be too hazy up on the BRP for pictures, I had my favorite rocking chair properly staked out. Then I got completely blind sided by an offer from Bill and Debbie (Mr and Mrs Knifemaker) to ride along to see some restored buildings and maybe some Elk. I was warned their would be some gravel, but I assured them that I was well prepared with my creek capable special edition R1100RTGS. We rode a few miles up 276 and made a left right before we got to 40. We followed this up the mountain to an area in Smokey Mtn National Park referred to as Cataloochee. There is a one room school house, a church, homestead, and a barn that have all been preserved/restored. It was all very interesting, plus there were Elk. We got a VERY up close look at one of them as it decided to walk only a few feet from the school house while we were in the vicinity. I'll let the pics show the rest.

An overlook on the way to Cataloochee

BRR_Fall_08-0782.jpg

The mandatory artsy farty shot

BRR_Fall_08-0892.jpg

The creek running through Cataloochee

BRR_Fall_08-1072.jpg

The restored church, that is still used for weddings

BRR_Fall_08-1142.jpg

BRR_Fall_08-1152.jpg

The only good Elk shot I could get due to my POS camera

BRR_Fall_08-1212.jpg

The view down the valley from the homestead

BRR_Fall_08-126_.jpg

We had a great day, and it was a real pleasure to get to know Bill and Debbie. Saturday night was of course the dinner night. Out of no where I meet this strange fellow that reportedly has no socks. Apparently he needs all the charity he can get so I took pity on him and bought him a beer. Turns out his name is Calvin and likes to be chewed on by camels. Beats me, but then in a flash he was gone. I've heard he doesn't like to stick around very long. Later in the evening I was recruited by the motorcycle recovery team to go get Mitch's bike. I'm always glad to help put heavy bikes onto trailers......as long as its not my own. I have a strict policy about this. Once we returned, the rest of the evening was spent shaking hands, laughing, BSing, and having a generaly wonderful time. Another perfect day of vacation.

Sunday

The ride home. I misjudged sunrise by quite a bit, and was ready to roll by about 6:30am. I was going to wait, but I was considering a 100% back road ride that would be a about 600 miles and I prefer riding in the morning dark as apposed to evening dark. So I said my goodbyes to the other early birds, and hit the road. I think this shot pretty much sums up my ride home. It was absolutely gorgeous.

BRR_Fall_08-1332.jpg

Craig.....awesome suggestion of a route home. I slabbed it out 19 and up 26 for awhile and then started working my way toward Bristol. I crossed over 81 and on to the little town of Saltville where I picked up 42. 42 is also known as known as the Blue Grass Trail and parallels 81 all the way to Winchester. It was just absolutely phenomenal. Some tight technical stuff, some great sweepers, no traffic, and beautiful scenery the whole way. At some point I came across this known as Backbone Rock in the Cherokee National Forest. Looks like a nice area I might have to come back and explore.

BRR_Fall_08-1362.jpg

One more scenery shot overlooking a valley somewhere farther up the road. I just needed to stretch my legs and get the liner out of my coat.

BRR_Fall_08-139_.jpg

I followed the rest of 42 up near Winchester where I hopped on 81 for a few exits to bypass the city. I had considered slabbing it the rest of the way home, but the traffic was extremely thick and I wasn't in the mood to deal with it. I ended up getting a performance award somewhere along 42. I came to a T intersection, made a right and got back up to speed around 61mph. I passed a cop, checked my speed, and then saw a 55mph speed limit sign. I figured all was fine till I saw the lights in my mirror. It turns out that from the intersection to the 55mph sign it is 45mph. Beats me, I didn't see it posted, but I could have missed it. I wasn't about to start an argument. The officer was polite, but kind of a dip-stick. He kept asking me stupid questions about if my speedometer was broke, and telling me why the speed limit was 45mph (intersection, houses, businesses). I knew how fast I was going, but he didn't seem to grasp the idea that if I would have seen a 45mph sign, I wouldn't have been going 61. 2 BRR's, 2 tickets in VA. Between that and "Short Cut Rd", I'm really starting to dislike VA.

The rest of the trip home took me through the bottle neck of Harpers Ferry, past Summit Point Raceway, into PA around sunset, through Hanover, and back to York at about 8:00pm just in time to find out the Simpsons wasn't going to be on due to a baseball game. Kind of a bummer, but still a great day of vacation.

BRR_Fall_08-1432.jpg

Today

I'm home, but I'm still on vacation. Slept in till 7:30, drank a pot of coffee, ordered a new set of tires along with a pair of the Aerostich 3 digit rain gloves, scratched the dogs ears for awhile, wrote this up, and I think I'll see if I can't get a nap in before Danielle gets home from work. Another perfect day of vacation.

Hope you all could stomach my long winded BRR tale. I hope to see everyone again next year.

Cool ride tale Keith! :thumbsup: That "shortcut" story is destined to become a classic. It reminds me of this :grin:

...next you are going tell us that 286mph max speed was up the creek. :grin::grin:

David

Here are a few pictures we took with my pocket camera. Note to self bring big camera next time!

Friday we tried to tackle the NE 255 route. My GPS (Miss Box) was pitching a hissy fit and wouldn't let us start the route. I decide to head up to the BRP on Hwy 276 when Miss Box finally woke up cursing that we were going the wrong way. Turn around dumbass is the about the tone of voice I got from her. She had the last laugh though, she routes us in reverse!

Somewhere on Hwy 80 we got out of the rain and found this church.

Image-9569737E995F11DD.jpg

As we went further north the rain and fog got heavier so we cut the route short and headed back to Maggie valley. We got back in time to see the Wheels thru time museum.

This was one of my favorite bikes in the place. The Ace motorcycle with it's in line four was a beauty to behold. Image-95698792995F11DD.jpg

Saturday we tagged also with Craig (Tytass) and went to Triple Falls outside of Brevard, NC.

Here is the obligatory Macho Man Craig shot that everyone was taking! Just kidding Craig!

Image-95699976995F11DD.jpg

Jay (JayW) snapped this shot of Deb and I, can you tell she was enjoying herself! Thanks Jay for taking the picture.

Image-9569AD8A995F11DD.jpg

As the group headed back to Maggie Valley we decided to head up on the BRP and come back down HWY 215. We were almost late for the Saturday Night diner but the roads and the view were well worth it. Image-9569BFD2995F11DD.jpg

Sunday we got up too early 6:30am, why I say too early is when we got down to the parking lot it was still pitch black! It wasn't till 7:15 or so that it lightened up enough to think about leaving. The weather was amazing for this time of year. It was 59 degrees as we where leaving Maggie valley.

Image-9569D0E4995F11DD.jpg

Here is a classic example of Redneck Engineering. Sure use cars as fill on an embankment it hold fine! NOT, look how bad the ground above has slumped into the river. Soon the cars will be pushed out into the river and the road above will fail.

Image-9569E192995F11DD.jpg

It would be a shame if the cars ended up in the river. This is a picture of the river from the bank above the cars.

Image-9569F27C995F11DD.jpg

Enjoy

Alan

Cool ride tale Keith! :thumbsup: That "shortcut" story is destined to become a classic. It reminds me of this :grin:

...next you are going tell us that 286mph max speed was up the creek. :grin::grin:

David

Yeah, I questioned that max speed thing myself. Even got a chuckle from the cop when we were joking around and I showed him. If anyone is interested.......I think I tracked down where I went through the creek. I believe at least part of it was this, listed here as "old road". Google maps has it listed as "trail". I also was certainly mistaken about the mileage, it just felt like 20 miles. After going back through my garmin and looking at these maps, it looks like I was offroad for a total of only about 10 miles. The creek was for about mile 6 through 7. Either way, made it in one piece and have a great story to tell. :grin:

Live Maps

Google Maps

...put my foot down only to realize the water was deeper than my Oxtar's.

See below. You can't tell from the angle, but it was. :dopeslap:

159476174_P88nn-L.jpg

... my creek capable special edition R1100RTGS.

You need to meet Steve, aka Dances_with_Wiener_dogs. He'll show you a thing or three about an 1100RTGS. :grin:

Great job, Keith. :thumbsup:

You guys are starting to make me really sorry I had to miss this one.

I just hope Dianne didn't scratch MY helmet.

:lurk:

I just hope Dianne didn't scratch MY helmet.

Only when it fell off her mirror in the parking lot.

Then my vocabulary expanded a little bit.

Hey big-t, I'll keep your secrets but it's going to cost ya........

Sorry folks, I was wrong, Rt 58 sucks. It's arrow straight and clogged with RV's and tractor trailers. DO NOT RIDE THIS ROAD. You will break out in a rash, your teeth will become loose and fall out, and it will give you hemmorhoids. You will get flats and all the oil will leak out of your crankcase. It's BAAAD Juju.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM RT 58.

( how am I doing.....?? :/ )

I made it home today about mid-afternoon. Ed Nowicki and I made a great two-day trip of it. Both home safe.

Great fun at BRR! Didn't meet all, but did make new friends! :thumbsup:

Art ... we were also on 58, though it was yesterday evening - riding by light of a full moon trying to find a motel. Seriously messed up road. Yeah, nobody ride that one, or VA16, or VA42, etc. (Hmm, methinks it would be a great area for a BRR up that way. :lurk:)

It took us most of the day yesterday to get more than 3 hours from Asheville. Too many great roads. I'll post a bit about our trip & some pics later. Took some video but it's a bit irritating to watch as it's bumpy as heck (got to find the right shelf).

Hi All ... second check in for me. Slabbed it from Charlotte to Nashville this morning. 7-1/2 hours total including a lunch break and a couple stretch breaks. Saw a couple LEOs occupied with others ... also ran up on the back of a THP in a Ford Explorer :eek: Luckily, he didn't seem to care and just accelerated away from me :thumbsup:

Pete, thanks for snapping the shot of our group on BRP! I'll look forward to getting that one made into a "real" picture.

Knifemaker ... you are obviously gifted with the camera, so why in the world did you have to get one of me stuffing my face at dinner??? :dopeslap: That is truly awful! :eek:

Regardless, had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing many of you again sometime soon!

Got home this afternoon, in time to ride my Kawasaki (motored lawn machine). First off, Shawn, Diane, Matt, a BIG thanks! It takes a lot of work to get something like this together.

Had a super time at this BRR. Riding is great, country/scenery is beautiful, but the best part is being with friends!

Ride home was nice, easy, uneventful. Sunday mostly BRP with stops to Salem VA, today rest of BRP and backroads to home. Easy does it. Hope to see y'all again soon!

Archived