IGNORED

Excited Chatter Thread

Bud

George Brown

All packed! Leaving @ 6AM tomorrow. Will visit daughter in Lancaster until Friday, then to Rock Hall, MD for a couple days of sailing with friends. Expect to arrive in Fayetteville Monday, early PM. Checked 10 weather forcast earlier this evening. It looks like we should have great weather.

Chatter, chatter, chatter, .......

Okay, we will have enough room as long as I take only one, washable, change of clothes!! dopeslap.gif

lmao.gif Yes, I am all too familiar with that situation. grin.gif

Okay, we will have enough room as long as I take only one, washable, change of clothes!! dopeslap.gif

lmao.gif Yes, I am all too familiar with that situation. grin.gif

So am I

916289-Image045.jpg

916289-Image045.jpg.3628e44ebab372f73fbc0b1ab44fd009.jpg

I hope I have enough room for the two of us with two sets of side cases, a large top case and a duffle!!! clap.gif
IF so, you need to teach Donna how! We have - The three expanded GS BMW Vario cases, a Touratech expandable soft case on top of each side Vario case, front soft panniers on each side and a tank bag so tall I can't see the speedo. That's eight pieces of luggage! The thing looks like a pack mule. AND we shipped a box of stuff forward.

I don't even want to do the vehicle gross weight calculation!

But I guess in all fairness we are going to be out for another week & a half after the UN.

Wow.....bringing the kitchen sink lmao.gif?

I guess we are light packers. I did 8500 miles in 21 days with Danielle riding along for the middle 7 (she carried her helmet on the plane), and we only used the two side cases and the trunk. She used one case, I used one case, and all of the other stuff (cover, rain gear, oil, and tools went into the trunk). When I got back, I realized that I still packed too much. One of these days I'll get a tank bag so I can REALLY live it up grin.gif

OK OK I too am excited, with highlighted routes six different maps, I'll be leaving the Big Apple at 6am friday morning, to begin this adventure known as the UNRALLY. With a couple of side trips to Shanksville,PA Robbinsville NC,(deals gap) then on to the UN. Looking forward to meeting everyone..... grin.gif

Hey, Rev, when are you planning to hit Robbinsville? Maybe we can meet up. My route consists of flapping my arms real hard until I get to Nashville this Sunday morning (woo hoo! Coming right up!), then riding over to the Cherohala Skyway and taking that to Robbinsville. From there I thought I'd cut over the bottom end of the BRP and take it to VA-16 near Obids, then up 16 to Fayetteville (see it on Google Maps).

I haven't really figured out when I'm going to be where, though, other than I plan to reach Fayetteville Monday evening. This route might be a bit ambitious, but there are plenty of opportunities to bail out and make up time on the slab.

Got my daughter moved in to her college dorm this morning, so I'll be packing tonight and tomorrow. Then I've got college parent orientation on Saturday. Then, finally, on Saturday night I catch a red-eye to Nashville and the trip begins (on the GS generously loaned to me by our illustrious owner emeritus). I can hardly wait!

Bill

Early Sunday morning, Tentative plans are to wake the birds along "The Dragon" and get there before the Leo's. My understanding is Cell phone sevice is available in the area. I'll pm you my cell number, so we can plan a rendezvous place.

Well not excited chatter but chatter none the less.

Nancy wanted to know tonight when supper would be served tomorrow night. When lunch and supper would be served tomorrow and when I was going to start making the home made ice cream.

I'm not sure if she is excited or if she just thinks I'm too laid back and not organized enough. However it is B4 the UN and I'm being unorganized about it all.

lmao.gif

Bag packed, get up at 4am for the ride to Heathrow for 5am, lock the bike up, and find something to do for 3 hours, flights at 8am.

Although I will still go down the pub tonight for a couple of Guinni. Should help with some sleep on the plane. wave.gif

Steve

I will still go down the pub tonight for a couple of Guinni.

We have Guinness in an amazing amount of places here, which is good since it's one of my fav's. I have some Smithwick's in my fridge at home right now. We can keep you sleepy here if you need it. See you at the UN.

And fix your user name. You misspelled Beer Island.

Some information has come to my attention... a little to my surprise actually. Apparently West Virginia is well known for it's Gentlemen's Clubs??? Apparently the girls even have teeth. (sorry couldn't resist the WVa crack). Anyway, can anyone verify? Not that I am the type to frequent such establishments wink.gif but a "friend" grin.gif of mine is interested.

Way to kill a thread!!

ANYway...

Packing today, a little grocery shopping, some laundry, etc... all ready for tomorrow's lift-off!

geeshh...sorry.....

The weather is so great today I hope it stays around for next week. I wish I could get on the bike today and head out but, alas, I have to work. Looking forward to the cool mountain breeze and some great riding / b-s-ing. Hope all those en route now are safe and having a great time.

Lets_Play_Two

Packing is all done except for what goes in tomorrow morning. Leaving about 8 am and plan to make Columbia, SC +/- 50 miles tomorrow. That will leave a short day on Monday---

What a GREAT!!!!!!! day......WHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Wish you were here...whoever and wherever you are.

Speaking of that day, Tuesday.....

We started off going north on US 19, east on US 60, then south on WV 41 when we made our first stop at the mill at Babcock State Park.

4Sept07onesmall.jpg

Back onto WV 41 south, to county road 31 southeast, to WV 20 south. We were getting hungry, so we stopped at the lodge at Pipestem State Park for a little lunch and a little conversation while we enjoyed the view out over the Bluestone Gorge.

4Sept07twosmall.jpg

L to R: bobbybob, curbqueen, Judy Brown, George Brown, Lets_Play_Two, Penelope, weeble.

Then south again on WV 20, west on county road 7, south on US 19, and north on WV 10, leading to the main attraction of the day....Herndon Mountain (West Virginia's own little "Deals Gap")! We were fortunate to not have any traffic in front of us, so we had an uninterrupted run up and down the mountain.

We took a hydration break next to Herndon Processing's coal preparation plant.

4Sept07threesmall.jpg

Then it was on to the junction with WV 16 where George and Judy left to take in the sights of the coal camps along that road on their way back to Fayetteville via Beckley.

The rest of us continued on to Pineville on WV 10. While taking a break there, and realizing that we were all feeling the effects of the heat (it was 95 degrees in Pineville...and humid!), we decided to head "home" via WV 97, WV 54, WV 16, I-77, and US 19.

As Bill stated....What a GREAT !!!!!!! day!

Wilber,

Thanks a million for the guided tour Tuesday--as all have said it was really a GRRRRREAT day...and great company!! I'll either post or e-mail you some of our pics.

Bobbybob

Archived