IGNORED

Excited Chatter Thread

Bud

Maynard's almost ready to go and he's chomping at the bit! I've got to go to work tomorrow for 96 hours in seven days, but then we are ON THE ROAD!!! clap.gif

See you all at Mike05's place deep in the heart of Texas for Rally Point-II in two weeks from tonight! WooHoooo!!!!! thumbsup.gif

BTW, "Maynard", the "Pied Piper's" steed is looking pretty danged "Pied" right about now! blush.giflmao.gif

Bud you are going to have to quit talking about CO, all my hunting buddies are headed that way in a week or so for elk opener bncry.gif

I took my caberg flipup apart at the ear speakers for the umteemth time, dremel cut the styrofoam to the front some more, walla, I CAN HEAR!!!! So that is what the radio sounds like, 50% cutout on VOX talk, COOL! Wife goes, I have heard that all along (hers worked from the get go).

Took panniers off (bike not llamas) and rode this morning, whew, bike is way too fast for normal roads! tongue.gif

Hello!! Hello!!! HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! wave.gif

Did I mention that I'm getting excited?? grin.gif

72-hours down and 24 to go! I'm packing tonight, going to work tomorrow and we're leaving as soon as I can get home, get the bike packed and get on the road Thursday morning!! clap.gifclap.gif

We're getting through the deserts and going up and over the mountains of Utah, Colorado and then down through northern New Mexico, wending our way to Rally Point-II at Mike05's place in the Dallas, TX area! See some of you on Wednesday afternoon!! clap.gifclap.gif

Jamie & Leslie,

Have a good trip. I'll be leaving first thing Sat. 8/25 A.M.

Will see you @ Mike05's if not before then...

I am also going through the Colorado (Silverton, Durango) & New Mexico Rockies (Taos) then down to Mike05's.

wave.gifclap.gif

Excited?

Did you say you were excited about the

Pied Piper Run?

Funny, I just did a quick search under my user name and found 24 posts containing the word "excited" since the UnRally-VI was announced in January!! grin.gif

EXCITED is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Lets_Play_Two

Long range weather forecast looks good!!! Now if the tropics cooperate so I don't have a problem at home...it looks great.

Been checking the long range weather forecast. Looks like rain/thunder boomers from Utah to Kentucky.

Rain gear all the way tongue.gif

Once we get to Kentucky forecast is sunny skies and happy days. grin.gif

Been checking the long range weather forecast. Looks like rain/thunder boomers from Utah to Kentucky.

What you talking about Willis? grin.gif

National Weather Service ten day forcast shows 0 percent chance of rain in S. Illinois while you are here. thumbsup.gif

Since our yard is burnt up and trees turning brown and leaves falling off from lack of rain, I believe the lying weather weasels this time. grin.gifgrin.gif

However, before you get there, wear your rain gear. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

For those of you who plan on swimming while here, bring your water shoes. Our lake is down, the water over the sand beach is down so the bottom, at least where it will be deep enough to swim, will be mud.

Paul_Burkett

Perhaps we can send you a little rain. There was, just now, a tornado sighted five miles from my house and the rain is pelting the house in torrents. Flooding continues and there is no sign of relief for two days.

Paul,

You have my sympathies. There is a line north of here (around Hillsboro) where the rain stops. Our back yard is brown and dry. A spark would have the whole thing up in smoke in a second.

Hope it ends soon for you folks as you don't need any more at this time.

There was, just now, a tornado sighted five miles from my house and the rain is pelting the house in torrents.
There's a tornado 5 miles from your house and you're typing on an Internet forum!?! eek.gif Hope it's from a wireless laptop in your basement! crazy.gif
Perhaps we can send you a little rain. There was, just now, a tornado sighted five miles from my house and the rain is pelting the house in torrents. Flooding continues and there is no sign of relief for two days.
You can cut that stuff out, I'm heading out in the early morn and planning on the northern route. According to the weather channel I'll be north of the weather next week, I hope so.
Paul_Burkett

Sorry for not getting back to this thread sooner, I was cleaning up the flood waters from the basement. Water pouring in through the window well and so much water coming into the pit that the sump pump could barely keep up, and then we lost electricity. It is good to have a gas power generator for back up when the electrc company lets us down, again, twice last year.

Paul_Burkett

Think of it as an under the house cistern where you also store furniture and other things you don't realy need but your wife will not let you through out. The place northerners escape to and drink a beer in peace.

What you talking about Willis? grin.gif

National Weather Service ten day forcast shows 0 percent chance of rain in S. Illinois while you are here. thumbsup.gif

Since our yard is burnt up and trees turning brown and leaves falling off from lack of rain, I believe the lying weather weasels this time. grin.gifgrin.gif

However, before you get there, wear your rain gear. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Your right I meant Utah to Illinois. Either way I think were going to get wet. dopeslap.gif

Think of it as an under the house cistern where you also store furniture and other things you don't realy need but your wife will not let you through out. The place northerners escape to and drink a beer in peace.

Or, for folks who don't have a dog, you sometimes get sent there instead of the dog house. grin.gifgrin.gif

You all come to S. IL and take a look at mine. wave.gif

My Flight leaves Heathrow at 8:00 am on Saturday and get into Washington DC at 11:00am, great, only a 3 hour flight grin.gif. I shall pick up my bike and ride to Winchester for my first night. I don't want to travel to far as I might be a little tired. I'm really looking forward to meeting you all.

Steve

I hope to be ok riding on the other side of the road, my problems will be coming out of petrol stations, that's when things can go a bit pear shaped for me dopeslap.gif

Steve

I hope to be ok riding on the other side of the road, my problems will be coming out of petrol stations, that's when things can go a bit pear shaped for me dopeslap.gif

Steve

Please translate that into "American" for us. Petrol I know but "pear shaped" is an idiom with which I'm not familiar.

lawnchairboy

WELCOME to the USA, might get to make your acquaintance in Fayetteville... I'll look for a big honda...

chris

Slyder_Steve

Steve

Please translate that into "American" for us. Petrol I know but "pear shaped" is an idiom with which I'm not familiar.

Let me translate for my POM friend;

"pear shaped" everything's looking great, smooth sailing and, oh wait, that can't be right...oh s!@# lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

another of my favorite POM sayings "what could possibly go wrong?" lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

The other Steve--in Florida wave.gif

Here's a bit of help for the Yanks as regards the idiom "pear shaped". That's one of my favorite British expressions, BTW . . . just like it's all gone "tits up", which has even been adopted by some in the US military and referred to in polite company as "gone Tango Uniform"! lmao.gif

Steve, have a great and uneventful flight and we'll look for you on that big beastie in Fayetteville! I hope you enjoy your trip to the UnRally and as long as I'm around you're not paying for your drinks! ( . . . although our "beer" is comparatively rather like making love in a canoe--so it's not really that generous an offer--but at least it's cold!! grin.gif )

WooHoo!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

My bikes a Honda VTX, do they PTTR grin.gif

Steve

What happened to the Sportster you reserved? Now you've gone from a true American experience to a Japanese interpretation of an American experience! grin.gif

Actually, I think you'll be a darn sight more comfortable on the VTX. 1300 or 1800? I guess we'll find out in WV. Happy flying and riding!

Steve

I hear you. On the two occasions I've driven in England, I was most likely to be on the wrong side when pulling out of parking lots (car parks, to you). Then my wife would scream "LEFT!" and I'd put things right, as it were. You'll have to depend on your own sense of rightness.

Maybe you should try this mantra: "Left is not right, left is wrong, right is right." grin.gif

Or maybe just "LOOK left, KEEP right."

I'll crawl back under my rock now.

Steve

Sorry, I suppose the term "pear shaped" came from foot ball manufactures, when they made a ball a little "pear shaped" grin.gif

Steve

Cheers Jamie, don't worry I don't drink much grin.gif,

Steve

Bill, I ordered the Sportster on the net with EagleRider but thought I would give them a ring just to check that everything is OK. Turns out that they had no Harley's available so its a VTX for me. I dont mind, I'm just lucky to be able to do this. thumbsup.gif

Steve

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Well, I've changed the oil, filter and low beam (38,200 miles). Made a few tweaks to the bike. Lost a bolt on my bash plate, so I made a trip to the auto store and got that taken care of. Cleaning my camel back and packing now. Just printed my packing list. I depart Monday shortly after 6AM. Day one goal is the northern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

T-minus about 15 hours or so. Hard to believe it's here.

Mark

Paul Mihalka

My experience on driving on the wrong (for me) side of the road: The first few days everything is fine because I really pay attention to everything I do. After a few days I get used to it. Then I pass somebody (two-lane road) and forget to go back into the lane where I'm supposed to be because it feels so good dopeslap.gif

Your right, I spent two weeks driving in France when I was in my twenties, no problem at all, got back home, filled up with petrol, drove out on the wrong of the road dopeslap.gif

Steve

Lets_Play_Two

Okay, starting to pack the bags tonight (creating excitement). I hope I have enough room for the two of us with two sets of side cases, a large top case and a duffle!!! clap.gif

I haven't packed yet and I'm off this Saturday morning from Heathrow,must get on with it, but I have got some Dollars from the post office though.

Steve

UN rally shirts finished yesterday and SHIPPED to the campground!

All attendees HAVE FUN! clap.gif

That's what I'm talking about! Excited chatter.

A week from today we will be at the UN

I hope I have enough room for the two of us with two sets of side cases, a large top case and a duffle!!! clap.gif
IF so, you need to teach Donna how! We have - The three expanded GS BMW Vario cases, a Touratech expandable soft case on top of each side Vario case, front soft panniers on each side and a tank bag so tall I can't see the speedo. That's eight pieces of luggage! The thing looks like a pack mule. AND we shipped a box of stuff forward.

I don't even want to do the vehicle gross weight calculation!

But I guess in all fairness we are going to be out for another week & a half after the UN.

I hope I have enough room for the two of us with two sets of side cases, a large top case and a duffle!!! clap.gif
IF so, you need to teach Donna how! We have - The three expanded GS BMW Vario cases, a Touratech expandable soft case on top of each side Vario case, front soft panniers on each side and a tank bag so tall I can't see the speedo. That's eight pieces of luggage! The thing looks like a pack mule. AND we shipped a box of stuff forward.

I don't even want to do the vehicle gross weight calculation!

But I guess in all fairness we are going to be out for another week & a half after the UN.

lmao.gif

But I can't talk. I'm taking the cage so we can pack everything - Mark and I can't even pack for an overnight trip anymore it seems! tongue.gif

Nevertheless, we'll be enjoying some luxuries in the week ahead grin.gif

OK OK I too am excited, with highlighted routes six different maps, I'll be leaving the Big Apple at 6am friday morning, to begin this adventure known as the UNRALLY. With a couple of side trips to Shanksville,PA Robbinsville NC,(deals gap) then on to the UN. Looking forward to meeting everyone..... grin.gif

Archived