IGNORED

Excited Chatter Thread

Bud

You've been waiting.

You've been wondering.

Here it is!

THE UN EXCITED CHATTER THREAD [/color]

Only 70 days till the UN and I"m starting to get excited. clap.gifclap.gif

I'm getting excited about the T shirt design. I can see it now, mountains, twisty roads, "Take Me Home".

What are you getting excited about?

Firefight911

Chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter.

Oh, I almost forgot!!!

Chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter!!!!

Chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter.

Oh, I almost forgot!!!

Chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter, chatter!!!!

Figures . . . nothing but useless "chatter" from that guy! smirk.gif
Firefight911

smirk.gif

I propose that you check out Bud's thread wherein he shows us a beautiful lake in the background.

I then propose you read my response to said thread wherein I make a statement concerning someone getting wet!!

You do the math. wave.gif

Oh, I almost forgot!!!

Wow!

Phil!

How did you get that much time free??? (things got rather exciting up at the lake again this afternoon!)

wave.gif

Oh, I almost forgot!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,

Perhaps your name is really...........

Chatterbox lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

(It's a visual pun) grin.gif

Here's some of what awaits...!

GladeCkMillSm.jpg

Hey Weeble-Dumb question -

Is this anywhere close to where we're gonna be? How do I find this place once there?

The wonderful Mrs. Duck loves this kinda place so we wanna see it while there!

lurker.gif

GladeCkMillSm.jpg

Is this anywhere close to where we're gonna be? How do I find this place once there?

lurker.gif

Of course it is close to where we are going to be. After all it's in WV and that state isn't that big. lmao.gif

Oh, I'm glad MRSDUCK is getting excited. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

And it sounds like she is "getting her Ducks in a row" as far as sights to see goes. (groan if you have to) grin.gif

GladeCkMillSm.jpg

lurker.gif

It's quite close to Fayetteville -- about 21 miles away. It's in Babcock State Park, about one-half mile off WV route 41. It's called Glade Creek Mill.

Take US 19 north for about 7 miles then take the exit for US 60. Go east on US 60 (it will be a *left* turn off the exit ramp) through the village of Lookout. About 2.5 miles after Lookout, WV 41 comes in from your left. WV 41 and US 60 are together for about 4.5 - 5 miles, then WV 41 branches off to your right (south). About 3.7 miles later, you're at the entrance to Babcock State Park. To get the camera angle shown, you need to walk down to the creek -- right beside the Visitor Center to the park. There is a parking area in front of the visitor center where you can park your bike and get a photo of bike, Mrs. Duck, and the mill in the background.

GladeCkMillSm.jpg

lurker.gif

It's quite close to Fayetteville -- about 21 miles away. It's in Babcock State Park, about one-half mile off WV route 41. It's called Glade Creek Mill.

Take US 19 north for about 7 miles then take the exit for US 60. Go east on US 60 (it will be a *left* turn off the exit ramp) through the village of Lookout. About 2.5 miles after Lookout, WV 41 comes in from your left. WV 41 and US 60 are together for about 4.5 - 5 miles, then WV 41 branches off to your right (south). About 3.7 miles later, you're at the entrance to Babcock State Park. To get the camera angle shown, you need to walk down to the creek -- right beside the Visitor Center to the park. There is a parking area in front of the visitor center where you can park your bike and get a photo of bike, Mrs. Duck, and the mill in the background.

See, I told ya! grin.gif

Of course it is close to where we are going to be. After all it's in WV and that state isn't that big. lmao.gif

Oh, I'm glad MRSDUCK is getting excited. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

And it sounds like she is "getting her Ducks in a row" as far as sights to see goes. (groan if you have to) grin.gif

Ya'll just quack me up grin.gif

So I'm surfing thru the channels the other night and on PBS I hear "Take me home, country roads......" and sure enough, John D special was on.

Man, did I start to get excited about riding West Virginia!

GladeCkMillSm.jpg

lurker.gif

I'm definetly in for a ride to check this spot out! Looks like a fantastic spot to relax and listen to the water as we let all the stresses of life slip away!!!

And, of course, the roads to get to some of these pretty places look something like this....WV 10 between Hiawatha and Garwood (picture doesn't do justice to the road!).

Rt10sm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
You've been waiting.

You've been wondering.

Here it is!

THE UN EXCITED CHATTER THREAD [/color]

Only 70 days till the UN and I"m starting to get excited. clap.gifclap.gif

I'm getting excited about the T shirt design. I can see it now, mountains, twisty roads, "Take Me Home".

What are you getting excited about?

This will be my first rally and we (Curbqueen & I) are getting pretty excited as it approaches, but...hey..is it just me? Or is it awfully quiet around here re. the actual upcoming "festivities" ....or am I expecting too much since this IS an UN-rally? Or maybe I am just too impatient confused.gif . Be kinda nice to see a sign-up thread.....or maybe a listing of rides/routes....lurker.gif

Only 36 days before liftoff!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Pretty soon we'l be staying at our new digs.

Gottago, where was that pic taken? Is that WV ?

naw...just wanted to show us in our natural enviroment.

1st pic is Quincey, Ca

2nd pic is Heber, Az

Just so dang excited about our trip. wave.gif

Just phoned to see if the bike booking is OK, yes everything is fine but the Sportster is booked out so I'm getting a Honda VTX, hm-mm should be fun, I hope.

Just phoned to see if the bike booking is OK, yes everything is fine but the Sportster is booked out so I'm getting a Honda VTX, hm-mm should be fun, I hope.

Did they tell you what model VTX? They make a 1300 and an 1800.........either way, they ride smooth and I'm sure you will like it.

Did they tell you what model VTX? They make a 1300 and an 1800.........either way, they ride smooth and I'm sure you will like it.

I don't know, didn't ask, but wow 1300 or 1800? The bike I put down as my second choice was the Honda Shadow which I think was a 750. Although I realy dont mind what I get as long as its not a moped grin.gif I'm just lucky to be able to come along.

Steve

It's been too many days w/o any excited chatter .

Right now I getting the trailer ready to go to Cody, Wyoming. Yeah, I know, real riders don't trailer. lmao.giflmao.gif

My wife won't ride but will tolerate taking bikes on a trip. My ridding buddy's wife feels the same way. So we ride during the day and.....................

get to sleep with our wives at night. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

So scoff if you want to, I don't care.

Back to the UN

In about a month we will be in WV. How cool is that. I'm looking a the map trying to decide which of the many roads will be worthy of the short time I have to ride them. Isn't looking at the map part of the fun of this event? Sure is for me.

I'm also getting excited about B4 the UN here in S. Illinois. Looking forward to having some relaxed time to get to know a lot of folks better than I do now.

So how about you? Getting excited? Packing? Planning? Dreaming? Screaming?

Let's hear some excited chatter

Lets_Play_Two
In about a month we will be in WV. How cool is that. I'm looking a the map trying to decide which of the many roads will be worthy of the short time I have to ride them. Isn't looking at the map part of the fun of this event? Sure is for me.

I'm also getting excited about B4 the UN here in S. Illinois. Looking forward to having some relaxed time to get to know a lot of folks better than I do now.

So how about you? Getting excited? Packing? Planning? Dreaming? Screaming?

Let's hear some excited chatter

I KNEW this was going to happen....my wife is already worried about having enough riding outfits. I think that is why she decided to ride her own bike...most packing room. dopeslap.gif

For all you UN attendees... You are here by notified that I, Tony_K will be producing your UN tshirts!

Mark and I have been working together on shirt choices and once that is finalized It will most likely be added to your registration form.

This way we can get a accurate count for all who wish to have the UN shirt.

What will be on the shirt? The design is currently being conceptualized but we think we know the direction it will be going in. It will most likely be regionally specific for this UN.

Ok, so there you go a bit more excited chatter!

Lets_Play_Two
For all you UN attendees... You are here by notified that I, Tony_K will be producing your UN tshirts!

Mark and I have been working together on shirt choices and once that is finalized It will most likely be added to your registration form.

What will be on the shirt? The design is currently being conceptualized but we think we know the direction it will be going in. It will most likely be regionally specific for this UN.

Will it be available in a v-neck with capped sleeves?

Now that's what I'm talking about! That is exciting chatter.

Last year I only ordered one shirt, won't make that same mistake this year!

I'm hoping the design will also be on the stickers????????

Thanks for volunteering to design the shirts! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Will it be available in a v-neck with capped sleeves?

Possibly. I have sent Mark 6 shirt styles 2 of those specifically for women.

One would be a v neck.

We are thinking the shirts will be heather gray across all six styles for unifomity.

I am going to let Mark make the final choices on what will be offered just to add even more stuff to his plate. tongue.gif

To make it easier, if he does offer all six shirt styles it's no skin off my nose. If I couldn't do it, I wouldn't have offered him that many choices.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

I'd really like to thank Tony for stepping up to the plate to do the UnRally t-shirts. (I'm so not a graphic designer.)

Thanks Tony!

Mark

I'd really like to thank Tony for stepping up to the plate to do the UnRally t-shirts. (I'm so not a graphic designer.)

Thanks Tony!

Mark

clap.gif

Okay!! I'm really excited now!! clap.gif

I just skinned two new shoes for Maynard and he's up on the lift now getting the Öhlins rebuilt, changing the fork oil, new brake pads, bleeding all five circuits, 12K service, new fuel filter, installing the new metal fuel quick disconnects (and taking out the barbed fitting I stuck in there when I broke the last one! tongue.gif ), and of course--ALTERNATOR BELT!! thumbsup.gif

I bought Gregori's extra large system case lids and a set of reflective stickers from Fernando at MotoEquip (I just can't go down the road without them! thumbsup.gif ), a new wind sock for my AutoCom (the last one rotted off), I'm getting the Motolights fixed, and I'm getting a new helmet! WoooHoooo!!!!! clap.gif

Considering how many belts you have replaced on the side of the road, are you bringing the old one along for a spare? wave.gif

Considering how many belts you have replaced on the side of the road, are you bringing the old one along for a spare? wave.gif
Considering how many belts he has replaced on the side of the road, I think they should by stock in a belt manufacturing company!

Certainly getting close now, and a shirt to buy of my trip, great thumbsup.gif. I am getting excited now, only a month to go grin.gif

Steve

Considering how many belts he has replaced on the side of the road, I think they should by stock in a belt manufacturing company!

I just hope he brings the old one in case I need a replacement on the way there. thumbsup.gif

Just wondering, whats the weather likely to be in WV in early September, although I do realise that's a daft question after the spring and summer we have had this year in the UK, our Summer was in April, and Winter started in July grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Steve

Alriiiiiight!!!!! clap.gif

Oh, and don't forget to snug up all your bolts reaaal good before you leave . . . we wouldn't want anything coming off on the way down! lmao.gif

Alriiiiiight!!!!! clap.gif

Oh, and don't forget to snug up all your bolts reaaal good before you leave . . . we wouldn't want anything coming off on the way down! lmao.gif

Fine. You bring the helicoils this time!

lmao.gif

Anyone else want to get in on this? Make your helicoil reservations now!

lurker.gif

I'm excited. Just rode the Chief Joseph Highway and the Beartooth Trail today in WY and MT.

Talk about getting pumped up to ride some twisty roads in WV.

Bring 'em on.

I'm excited. Just rode the Chief Joseph Highway and the Beartooth Trail today in WY and MT.

Talk about getting pumped up to ride some twisty roads in WV.

Bring 'em on.

Those have to be two of my favorite roads I have ever ridden. I keep wanting to head back out there and just spend a few days in and around Red Lodge while running the loop through the pass and back around on Chief Joseph......both directions of course.....you know....so I don't miss anything grin.gif

Hopefully I won't need any maintence, just 3200 mi on this baby! I did remove and install the tupperware on left side about 4 times yesterday tho, in routing cables from GPS and such to autocom under pillion seat. Now I understand why many people put all this in the tankbag! I will order the big mac tank bag tomorrow. Stealth S, or Tote, not sure which for my bike?

Did a test run this AM with SO, her autocom is good (one less thing), mine sucked. Remount speakers in helmet, no good, cut away some styrofoam to receive ear speaker, better, cut out foam padding under fabric, much better. Now jacking with fader and volumes, GPS good, XM iffy to me, SO is great.

Dummy battery pack from autocom on order for Kenwood freetalk.

Can't find bicycle pants for raft trip tuesday, hmmmm. Did find the bicycle tho.

3Putt, I played golf yesterday, push cart, 101, heat index 109!

Heat may have got to my concentration just a tad, boy am I ready to get out of this oven!

Need more Excited Chatter .

Rode to the top of Mount Evans, Colorado today as well as Independence Pass. Boy am I getting excited about the UN thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Archived