IGNORED

UnRally VI: Site Annoucement: Fayetteville, WV - September 4-6, 2007

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Hi all

Got myself a bike, a Harley Sportster from EagleRider in Washington DC, I never ridden one before so I will be looking forward to it.

See you soon

Well if we had a longest distance award, you'd probably get it. But we don't. So you won't. grin.gif

See you in Fayetteville!

You mean he won't get the UNmileage award? grin.gif

Well, if he rode the bike from home, he would certainly qualify for the UNderwater award! tongue.gif

Hey Steve!! That's great!! clap.gif

I think you'll be the first ever attendee from outside North America! thumbsup.gif

Now you've got one up on that Andy chap! blush.gif

I know John Moylan came to a Tech Daze in Georgia and Venturello came to San Diego, but though we've had at least one Canadian at every UnRally, I don't even think we've had any members from Mexico--let alone outside of North America. frown.gif

As Steve Martin said in The Jerk: "[We're] somebody now! Millions of people look at this [site] every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity [ . . . ] that makes people!" grin.gif

BereIsland

The long distace un-award should go to the one who rides the furthest. I dont think 60 miles to Heathrow Airport counts as a ride grin.gif Although I think I have around 300 miles or so to get to Fayetteville. I'm just compleatly un-happy to be coming grin.gif

Steve

BereIsland

Thanks Jamie.

I'm just lucky to be able to do it. My Grandfather's generation had to do it. They all came over from Ireland to make new lives for themselves. I'm hoping to see some of their descendants who live in (now here's a coincidence) Fayetteville NC . When I was planing my trip, I thought I wonder where they live. I nearly fell of my chair when I saw Fayetteville eek.gif but than realised that they were in Carolina. I have got myself booked into the Quality Inn.

Steve

Bill_Walker
Mark,

I was charged 1 night and told the rest would be charged 30 days prior to arrival. Interesting policy.

And flexible, too. I just booked at the Quality Inn through Rivermen, and was charged for the first night, and told I had to pay the balance one week before arrival.

IN! Reserved at the Quality Inn 9/3-9/7, flight booked, bike borrowed. See you there.
Let the party commence!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
IN! Reserved at the Quality Inn 9/3-9/7, flight booked, bike borrowed. See you there.
Let the party commence!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I still don't know what my schedule is but...

I have just reserved the nights of 3rd through the 6th.

Guess that means I have to show up. blush.gif

YES!! Yes, IT DOES!!!!! thumbsup.gif

(Oh, and be sure to pack a few extra relays! wave.giflmao.gif )

I still don't know what my schedule is but...

Thats OK......if you don't show up, we'll just pick the lock and the party can be in your room grin.gif

I am originally from WV and go there several times a year to ride. It has some of the best roads for motorcycle riding. I will be there next week for Mountainfest in Morgantown, WV. I will talk to my son in law about the Sept 4-6 event. He has an 06 k 1200r. CIRV

I'm a newbie, but it seems like we should be registering or something by now?

Of course not! It's an UN-rally, so you have to UN-register!

As far as I know CT 0. blush.gif Plenty of room left on the Northeast Express. Would love to have some of you CT riders come along. thumbsup.gif

Pat

Don't count us out yet. Some of us are just sitting tight until the final commitments get cleared.

BTW, won't make the express, I'm leaving on Monday. (Something about a parrot-head concert in Foxboro on Sunday night cool.giftongue.gif)

• 2 weeks later...

I know I've been running silent as of late... New job has been absorbing most of my free time.

But, I am still planning to be there. I think I'm going to make a run up to the Finger Lakes Rally before and then head down to the UN on Monday.

I'll likely be riding solo but am looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Paul

My wife and I are in for the rally. Jean will be passenger, and we will plan to join the pied piper run either in Dallas area or Arkansas.

This will be my first year to not be in either Colorado or NM elk hunting at this time of the year.

I thought I had seen the GPS coordinates somewhere for the un but cannot seem to find them now . Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks ,Dave

I have a Garmin file with all them I can send you. PM me your email address.

I'll pull them out and post them here tonight also.

I have a Garmin file with all them [ . . . ] .

I'll pull them out and post them here tonight also.

Those of us who refuse to submit to the Microsoft yoke thank you in advance! wave.gif

And it'll be great to see some of our old NE friends again as well as make a few new ones! We've got to work on a "Crew" name for you guys up there! confused.gif

Oh, and welcome to the DB "cirv"--we're really not that "brand-snobbish" (well most of us anyway! tongue.gif ) and you could always meet up with your son there! Sounds like a fun time! clap.gif

I'm in, too. I got the week off so I'm going to try to hook up with Paul or Mark or someone and travel together if possible.

Guess I'll bring my tent; I doubt rooms or Kabins are available any more.

I wasn't sure if I could go with my newly purchased fixer upper house needing so much stuff but forget that. ROAD TRIP.

I'm in, too. I got the week off so I'm going to try to hook up with Paul or Mark or someone and travel together if possible.

Guess I'll bring my tent; I doubt rooms or Kabins are available any more.

I wasn't sure if I could go with my newly purchased fixer upper house needing so much stuff but forget that. ROAD TRIP.

Hey Phil,

Been a long time/see you there.

We'll see. I need to contact George Brown to see if he wants to try to hook up. I'll have it nailed down soon. It'd be great heading out with Mark, too.

Hey, who the h3ll is doing the routes this year? Sure seems to be taking a long time. tongue.gif
Yeah, if somebody wasn't dragging somebody all of 1/2 of the west, we'd probably have them by now. wink.gif
Hey, who the h3ll is doing the routes this year? Sure seems to be taking a long time. tongue.gif
Yeah, if somebody wasn't dragging somebody all of 1/2 of the west, we'd probably have them by now. wink.gif

He worked on them every night around the fire, via his laptop. But he's so computer-illiterate that he didn't get far. smile.gif

Lone_RT_rider

He worked on them every night around the fire, via his laptop. But he's so computer-illiterate that he didn't get far. smile.gif

Jeeeeeeese David! You been more Feisty than usual the last couple of months. Loose another riding lawnmower to the ditch gods? grin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

Jeeeeeeese David! You been more Feisty than usual the last couple of months. Loose another riding lawnmower to the ditch gods? grin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

Shaddup and learn how to ride without putting your foot down and dabbing like a trials rider.

Lone_RT_rider

Shawn

Shaddup and learn how to ride without putting your foot down and dabbing like a trials rider.

Yeah, your right...that's what I get for following your Dual sport threads. Your incredible "technique" must have somehow invaded my riding abilities. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Yeah, your right...that's what I get for following your Dual sport threads. Your incredible "technique" must have somehow invaded my riding abilities. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Well, that would definitely explain your incompetence. My dirt riding technique leaves a lot to be desired. grin.gif

David, they will be posted shortly--do you want GDB files or text? cool.gif

David, they will be posted shortly--do you want GDB files or text? cool.gif

Neither, actually. I'm just being a PITA. tongue.gif

Shawn

Coming to a lawn near you, RidingMowerSmart.
Coming to a lawn near you, RidingMowerSmart.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Do I have to bring my own Riding Mower? Or can I fly in, and borrow someones?

<More anxious chatter>

lawnchairboy

as for BB&B at steve's place in LA, I am also OUT for the UN; UNless some miracle takes place, Dammit. The mid-week deal is just not going to get it for me this year. Four years and eleven months until my schedule is my own and I work when I want!

have fun, I'll try and drink some glenfiddich in everyone's honor anyway!

chris

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Ah.... talk of lawn mowers. This really feels like old times. I might just go dig a ditch... grin.gif

In all seriousness., I really look forward to seeing everyone at the Un. I've been so buried with business the past few months that I'm only just now coming up for air. I sure hope everyone has a great time. We'll see you there.

Mark

Thank you Sylva and Mark! IN! Hotel reservation made Sep. 4 to 6.

WARNING! THE TOWN CLOSE TO FAYETTEVILLE, SUMMERSVILLE, IS THE BEST KNOWN RADAR TRAP TOWN IN WEST VIRGINIA!

Funny you should mention that. I just pulled out my copy of Motorcycle Journeys Through the Appalachians to look for a good way to get to the UN, and the "favorites" section says:

Place most likely to offer you a ticket: Fayetteville, West Virginia.

I guess we'll all be minding those speed limits in towns!

Archived