IGNORED

UnRally VI: Site Annoucement: Fayetteville, WV - September 4-6, 2007

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

You waited... You've lost sleep wondering... You've searched the announcement thread for clues... (I did leave a large one on my blog, and at least one person guessed it.)

UnRally VI: Fayetteville, WV - September 4-6, 2007

This September we gather in Fayetteville, WV, surrounded by the majestic mountains of West Virginia, twistie roads, the New and Gauley Rivers, and close to the New River Gorge Bridge (a site to behold from down in the gorge).

Our UnConventional UnOrganized (year right!) UnRally will be headquartered at the Rivermen Ourdoor Center (lodging, general info), and the Quality Inn - New River Gorge.

Camping facilities range from tent sites to luxury cabins with indoor facilities. The Quality Inn is very similar in character to the hotel used for El Paseo in Cherokee, NC in the past minus the rocking chairs. Most importantly the campsite and hotel are walking distance to each other. We have a Dairy Queen, a gas station, and a beer, wine and liquor store between motel and camp site.

UnRallySiteMap.jpg

The Rivermen Outdoor Center features a lodge and bar, a breakfast food pavilion, an on-site restaurant, lots of space for evening socializing and telling lies. (Bring your motorcycle videos on DVD to be played in the lodge on the TV's.) The Quality Inn also has a bar and restaurant as part of its facilities.

All reservations for housing will go through Rivermen at 1-800-545-7238. Ask for the BMW Sport Touring Group.

Camping: $10/person/night.

Small Country Cabins: Start at $49/night for 2 people ($15/additional person up to 4)

Large Country Cabins: Start at $89/night for 6 people ($15/additional person up to 8)

Ranch Rooms: Start at $49/night for 4 people ($15/additional person up to 6)

Small Luxury Cabins: Start at $79/night (ask for details at Rivermen)

Large Luxury Cabins: Start at $215/night (sleeps up to 6)

The Greenbriar Cabin: Holds up to 14 call for pricing and size of group if you want this one. (You have to host the early bird Monday night social though. wink.gif )

Quality Inn Motel: $69/night (9/4 - 9/6) $95/night (9/2, 9/3, 9/7) (If you want a room for before the start of, or after the end of the Un reserve it early because they will sell out due to the Gauley River season.)

Make your reservations now. We will have more information on a group dinner, various social gatherings, and breakfast plans, in the near future, as well as a formal registration page.

Thank you very much for all of your patience. It has taken some time to iron out all of the details, what with planning a wedding and an UnRally and all.

Mark & Sylva

All reservations for housing will go through Rivermen at 1-800-545-7238. Ask for the BMW Sport Touring Group.

Including hotel, or do we call the hotel direct?

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Chris,

You slept in and were still the first person to reply! We you sitting there leaning on the reload button?

Mark

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Including hotel, or do we call the hotel direct?

ALL reservations go through Rivermen. Motel, cabins, camping, etc.

Mark

So 9 minutes after the announcement is made I call to reserve a luxury cabin. And they tell me I get the LAST ONE available!!!!!! clap.gif

I'm taking the regular bed, pull out sleeper available for someone who wants to split cost.

Have it reserved for the nights of Sept 4, 5, 6

wave.gif

Chris,

You slept in and were still the first person to reply! We you sitting there leaning on the reload button?

Mark

Tis better to be lucky than smart! I just happened to check the site two minutes after you posted. grin.gif

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)
Tis better to be lucky than smart! I just happened to check the site two minutes after you posted. grin.gif

Very very true. I once read an interview with a big time poker player, he was asked if he would rather be an expert poker player or lucky. He picked lucky.

Mark

BEWARE!

I was just told that deposits for hotel rooms are due within two weeks of making the reservation. The deposit is $25 per person in each room and the deposits are non-refundable if the room is cancelled before the event.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)
BEWARE!

I was just told that deposits for hotel rooms are due within two weeks of making the reservation. The deposit is $25 per person in each room and the deposits are non-refundable if the room is cancelled before the event.

CLARIFICATION

Standard motel procedure is a deposit of one night's charge, refundable up to three days prior to your scheduled arrival.

Mark

BEWARE!

CLARIFICATION

Standard motel procedure is a deposit of one night's charge, refundable up to three days prior to your scheduled arrival.

Mark

I specifcally asked and was told otherwise. Just an FYI.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)
I specifcally asked and was told otherwise. Just an FYI.

Thanks Tasker. I called after seeing your post to clarify the policy and spoke with my contact to straighten this out. If anyone else has an issue please post or otherwise let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I was charged 1 night and told the rest would be charged 30 days prior to arrival. Interesting policy.

PS/nice lookin bike. thumbsup.gif

Hey Bud; is the pullout big enough for a pirate? i may take you up on it...

i do not have 100% approval to come yet, but the closer the time comes to the roll out date the more likely they can't cancel my going... clap.gif

BEWARE!

not what i was told. one night deposit and 3 day cancellation notice.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)
Vita Whats wrong with your AVAtar = backwards

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. I did the original and it just didn't look right facing out of the page.

Anyway, I spoke with the camp site and they say the phones are ringing off the hook! I can't wait until I get to do a scouting run to WV.

I can't wait until I get to do a scouting run to WV.

No hurry Mark,I was there in Nov and they were already graveling the roads.. tongue.gif

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)
No hurry Mark,I was there in Nov and they were already graveling the roads.. tongue.gif

Yea, I've given that some thought. I figure you and I are gonna' be hanging our rear tires out a little as we scout ride plans in the spring and summer.

Mark

Thank you Sylva and Mark! IN! Hotel reservation made Sep. 4 to 6.

WARNING! THE TOWN CLOSE TO FAYETTEVILLE, SUMMERSVILLE, IS THE BEST KNOWN RADAR TRAP TOWN IN WEST VIRGINIA!

IN clap.gif - splurging with a country cottage!

I remember all too well last year's FLR = rain; will be camping out at Waktins Glenn just before heading to Fayetteville, so will be wanting some comforts of home grin.gif

Mark and Sylva - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR UNSETTING UP THIS UNRALLY wave.gif

In . . . kinda. crazy.gif It's a little hard to know for sure if I can make the Un, but I've got a hotel reservation. Thanks, Mark & Sylva, for all your work.

De, my plan is to ride to Watkins Glen on Sunday like most every year, than find two days worth of back roads to Fayetteville to be there Tuesday pm. Possibility of a joint venture?

Hey Bud; is the pullout big enough for a pirate? i may take you up on it...

i do not have 100% approval to come yet, but the closer the time comes to the roll out date the more likely they can't cancel my going... clap.gif

Sorry, already spoken for shortly after I posted it on the board.

My best guess of the Riverman Outdoor Center is - N38 02.974 W81 07.221

And the Comfort Inn - N38 02.966 W81 07.074

Can we start packing yet!?! clap.gif

And BIG thanks to Mark and Sylvia for all the work we know wink.gif you two are going to be doing. This is going to be the best one yet!

PS: We STILL think you two should wait and get married at the UN. We haven't had an UnRally wedding yet anywhere have we?

PS: We STILL think you two should wait and get married at the UN. We haven't had an UnRally wedding yet anywhere have we?
Closest thing was Spike and Cyphergirl (John and Patti Spicer) hitting Gunnison 1 on their honeymoon ride on Rt. 50 from Ocean city MD to California thumbsup.gif
Booked at the Quality Inn! clap.gif

NOW can we start packing??? grin.gif

okay so Bud has no room, does anyone else who has already booked a room have space that they will share?

PM me if you want a "quite, shy, (can't think of any other lies)" guy to share you space...

Thank you Sylva and Mark! IN! Hotel reservation made Sep. 4 to 6.

WARNING! THE TOWN CLOSE TO FAYETTEVILLE, SUMMERSVILLE, IS THE BEST KNOWN RADAR TRAP TOWN IN WEST VIRGINIA!

I will echo Paul's comment. The section of US route 19 between I79 in the north and I64 in the south contains several towns that are reknowned for their speed traps. Route 19 is a really pretty 4 lane that sweeps through the mountains but there are several places where the speed drops from a posted 65 to 45 or 50. When that happens make sure you do the speed limit EXACTLY. Outside these towns it's pretty much like any other WVA road and no special speed traps to watch out for. These towns are so well known that I was told the Canadian automobile club put a bulletin out to their members warning them about this stretch. The road is really great (for a 4 lane) as long as you know about the towns.

Ya know, sometimes life's just too good. clap.gifIt just so happens that Mrs. Duck and myself are gonna be in that part of the world at that very time. I have family in WV and Ohio so if ya'll don't mind we would love to pass thru on Tuesday(4th) and spend the evening there (but will be in a rent-a-car) bncry.gif.

So ya think ya could stand a couple more from the left coast? grin.gif

Being from this part of WV I travel this 4 lane a great deal. really the only town to watch for is summersville. They will also pick up out of towners before the locals. It's only about 4 or 5 miles that you have to be careful. See you all when you get here!

Archived