IGNORED

KMG_365

So much going on in this thread I've taken to replying to myself these days... blush.gif

Anyway, any more thoughts from anyone on what'cha doing between Bud's on Sunday morning and the Riverman's by Monday afternoon/evening?

We'd kind of like to get a Sunday night sleepin' place nailed down pretty soon.

Thoughts anyone?

Ken,

I've been looking at the map and noodling about a route but really don't have any strong opinion either way. I agree, a overnight location would help.

Anyone have suggestions?

Okay here's what we booked for Sunday night Sept. 2nd, if anyone wants to do the same:

Baymont Inn & Suites Lexington

2400 Buena Vista Road

Lexington, KY 40505 US

Phone: 859-293-6113

$54 a night (2 people) booked on Baymount Inn's own site - www.baymontinns.com

Sunday will be a pretty lazy day to there from Bud's - 296 miles, but that will get us all nice and rested for the next day, which should be fun...

We're thinking after overnighting in Lexington, then the next day (Monday Sept. 3rd) ride the Bert T. Comb's Mtn. Pkwy. (US402) then pick a way over to the Rivermans via 23 then 645 then 40 then 52 then 119 then 3 then 94 then jumping back on I64 for a short bit, then back off at Mossy onto 612 over to the Mountaineer Expy (Hwy 19)and on up to the Rivermans. I come up with 274 fun-filled twisty miles with that approach:

167646404-L.jpg

Thoughts?

Hey, you are now the tour leader.
Naw, we're too slow, but we'll catch up with you all on the far end!

gottago,

If you are in at the Baymont, will you be joining us here in Nashville for B4 the UN?

Hope you can make it. wave.gif

I'm not sure of my schedule just yet but if I go i'm in for that route on the way out smile.gif

Just got my zumo gps in too...

With a big thanks to Wilber Jones in WV, who PMed me with suggestions, I tweaked the last part to stay off I-64.

Here's a snapshot. If anyone wants the .gdb GARMIN file PM me with an email address and I'll send it to you.

168357681-L.jpg

I'm getting excited now! Is it September yet?

Yeeha! Stephen

Hey Ken,

Chalk up another one for the Lexington/Baymont gathering. Miss Vicki and I will be there on Sunday.

The Pied Piper Tour is coming through my neck of the woods a couple of days too early for me to join in. I'm not leaving till Saturday.

Also too early to know if Miss V is riding or flying, but we agreed that if she has to fly in, I'll pick her up in Lexington. We'll use your route to the UN and maybe tag along on the ride in... if the Baymont group doesn't mind.

So I've been playing around with some ideas of how to get from Bud's in Nashville, IL to the unofficial next stop of Lexington, KY. Here's one thing I came up with, people who know the area may know better. The challange with a non- I-64 route is that there seems to be few other places to cross the Wabash and Ohio rivers, and you have to detour around Fort Knox AFB. Still, I came up with 296 miles on the I-64 northern route and 332 miles on the wandering southern route. Mapsource says the southern route would take over 8 hours, but I'm not buying that.

168473825-L.jpg

can I suggest Winchester, KY, just east of Lexington. I know Monday will be a holiday, but I would still suggest being East of Lexington on Monday morning. I do think traffic will be far less. Just a suggestion

Joel Gross, Chris Kinney, and Randy Etheridge will meet you all in Lexington on Sunday night.
Cool!
BeniciaRT_GT
Enough that the women and children will have to hide. grin.gif

Yea, much like they had to hide from those "Wild Hogs"

• 2 weeks later...
Hey ittech,

Hope you can make it here for the B4 the UN thumbsup.gif

I'll know when it gets closer but I'm going out for sure...

I just may have to blast out and back this time though, but I hope I can take a week or two detour on my way back. smile.gif

Les is more

Oh! I'm sorry to hear it, Tank.

I've made the decision to ride pillion with Jamie so the Pied Piper is on for me. I'll miss your company!

Oh! I'm sorry to here it, Tank.

I've made the decision to ride pillion with Jamie so the Pied Piper is on for me. I'll miss your company!

Ummmm, Les, after looking at what Jamie had on his bike last year, I'm not sure if there is room for you .

75760935-L.jpg

lmao.gif

Les is more

I'm on a weight loss program and with a couple more weeks of Contortionist's College, I think I can do it! crazy-contortionist.jpg

bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif "OUT" Due to family wedding my boss must attend, I must take second best. Fall Torrey clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Tank,

Sorry you won't make it. frown.gif

Hopefully see you at Torrey!

I'm on a weight loss program and with a couple more weeks of Contortionist's College, I think I can do it! crazy-contortionist.jpg

That picture proves you can. wave.gif

bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif "OUT" Due to family wedding my boss must attend, I must take second best. Fall Torrey clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Tank,

Sorry you won't make it. frown.gif

Hopefully see you at Torrey!

Everyone, I guess I've had my hopes way out there, cus I am hurtin, UNable to go, but your best wishes will carry my sperit thumbsup.gif

Everyone, I guess I've had my hopes way out there, cus I am hurtin, UNable to go, but your best wishes will carry my sperit thumbsup.gif
I'm SO sorry we'll miss you, Tank! frown.gif

I hope Torrey is still on the docket!! We'll be there and hope to see you then!! clap.gifclap.gif

• 2 weeks later...

We are still planning and working on bike (gps + xm, comm, freetalk), no plates yet from purchase (should be 2 weeks). Canceled elk hunt in CO. frown.gif

I would like to be put down as joining the PPT in Dallas, wednesday Aug 29th. We have kin in Denton, can spend the night there plus meet and greet that night, join ride the next day.

David and Jean

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a planned route from Emerson's in Bentonville to Bud's in Nashville, IL and/or from Bud's to Lexington, KY?

Or am I being to A.R. and we just, "go that ta way ->>"

Emerson will be riding to Bud's with us so I believe the route will be of his choosing. I don't know if Emerson is a gypsy or a planner. You might have to wait for the surprise. smile.gif

Is there a planned route from Emerson's in Bentonville to Bud's in Nashville, IL and/or from Bud's to Lexington, KY?

Don't know if you are A.R. or not. But, I did send a suggested route thru southern MO which should put a grin on most peoples faces. thumbsup.gif

Don't know if you are A.R. or not. But, I did send a suggested route thru southern MO which should put a grin on most peoples faces. thumbsup.gif

Sorry I missed it. Can you re-link to? Or give us the post number?
I also think that having a planed route posted for everyone would be a great idea. thumbsup.gif

Paul,

I e-mailed a suggested route to murrayg at his request. He will be leading the charge from Arkansas to S. Illinois.

There have been a suggested route from my house to WV. However, I don't have a GPS with mapping software. I will just follow a paper map (at least I hope to follow as Nancy usually is a better navigator than I) and what ever route is worked out while you all are here.

I will be with the "slow" group on the way there. grin.gifgrin.gif

I also think that having a planed route posted for everyone would be a great idea. thumbsup.gif
I did put together a suggested route from Bud's in Nashville, IL to Lexington, KY, it's in message #885103 of this thread a couple of pages up.

But I'm hesitant to say, 'this is what we're going to do' because the Pied Piper Run is not mine to say, and I'd be speaking out of turn.

But I do have that GARMIN GPS file if someone wants it.

ISFA from Emerson's in Bentonville to Bud's in Nashville, I also took Bud's written directions and made them into A GPS route. I sent Emerson (murrayg) a note that I had done this if he's interested for that leg, but at this point I haven't heard back yet. Basically it looks like this:

186479660-L.jpg

I also have that GARMIN file if anyone wants it - PM me your email address.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to butt into the PP R routing, most just playing around with MapSource!

Google map to play around with for routes.

Should warn you that slow speed connection will take a long time.

You can drag the route to change it.

I've found the maps.google.com is easier to use for changing routes than mapquest. But, be aware, google is tracking everything you do on their site.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Well, as improbable as it might seem, this New Yorker is going to be joining the Pied Piper run via Atlanta and Lexington.

I leave on Monday morning for a week in NC on business, then down to meet up with ChrisK and the fun begins.

Mark

Well, as improbable as it might seem, this New Yorker is going to be joining the Pied Piper run via Atlanta and Lexington.

I leave on Monday morning for a week in NC on business, then down to meet up with ChrisK and the fun begins.

Mark

clap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

Archived