IGNORED

KMG_365

I just got a room reservation from Monday night through Thursday night, and would like to meet you somewhere along the way. I will be leaving from the Grand Rapids, Michigan area.

Burt,

Love your avitar. Grand Haven?

corner.JPG

I already sent Jamie a copy of that, along with two or three others taken at the start. smile.gif

Ya need Wurty's brother along to break an ankle to make it authentic. grin.gif

Love your avitar. Grand Haven?

Yup. South pier.

In early 98 we went to the boat show in Grand Rapids to see a boat we were considering having built. January IIRC. We stopped and walked out on the snow and ice covered walkway to the end.

(To be read in your best sterotypical southern political candidate voice).

Dear members of this esteemed Discussion Board. I have a proposal to make regarding the Pied Piper Run. Whereas there has been discussion about the need for zigging and zagging, and whereas the Great and Glorious State of Arkansas has its share of zigging and zagging roads. I propose A Pied Piper Slumber Party at the Goodwins in Bentonville, Arkansas! Now hear me out!

After consulting with the President of Domestic Affairs and All That is Holy, we open our humble home to you HOONS! We can not stand idly by while you travel from coast to coasts without trying to lighten your load with fun roads.

We OFFER, a level two car drive way, and possibly the garage if you need to work on your skoots. Backyard camping, some indoor floor camping, grilled burgers and dogs. We will listen to your tales of the road with rapt attention and laugh at your jokes.

Is it a party or what. clap.gif (crazy voice now turned off)

Yes We are crazy, but if you know us a little you know that. Y'all come on, one it will give my neighbors something to talk about and two, I bet the roads don't disappoint. We hope to see you on your way to the Un. cool.gifthumbsup.gifgrin.gif

Thank you Emerson for the most generous offer--it'll be great to see you again!! clap.gif

For those of you who have never had the pleasure of meeting our own "Hoon 1st Class" or experienced the joy that is the NW Arkansas roads that fill his "back yard", this is an offer that should NOT be missed!! cool.gif

I'll have to take a hard look at the route and stops, but if we go through San Antonio (can you say "Hill Country"?? grin.gif ) and NW Arkansas (awesome UnRally II stompin' grounds smile.gif ), it could take a bit longer to cover the "map distance" and might necessitate fewer large detours to allow for more twisty riding on the way out. After all, I'm all about the journey there and back (as well as the "face-time") being as much a part of the UnRally as the four days spent in WV. I'll gladly accept some help on laying out the perfect route that allows for as much of the previously mentioned priorities as possible. I know not everyone is taking their two-weeks of vacation for this trip so I'll try to accomodate as many folks as I can. thumbsup.gif

Yea!!!! Sounds like fun. We can tour Wal-Mart or something!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Jamie, let's try and coordinate a time to sit down in the same zip code and throw maps all over the floor and come up with something.

Oh, that's NERDY Jamie, not HOT Jamie. grin.gif

Jamie, let's try and coordinate a time to sit down in the same zip code and throw maps all over the floor and come up with something.

As you're thinking about routes you may want to entertain 2-3 hrs of squiggly roads that then deposit you on the super slab. Going west to east across Arkansas would take you too long, but you could take an exciting series of backroads through north central Ark. into South eastern Mo. up to St. Louis or east on Rt. 62 to Rt 7 south in Ark to Rt. 40 and take that east. The possibilities are endless. Now fire up those Garmins, get out your road atlases and get to figuring. The Un is coming and an epic Pied Piper is taking shape. clap.gif

As you're thinking about routes you may want to entertain 2-3 hrs of squiggly roads that then deposit you on the super slab. Going west to east across Arkansas would take you too long, but you could take an exciting series of backroads through north central Ark. into South eastern Mo. up to St. Louis or east on Rt. 62 to Rt 7 south in Ark to Rt. 40 and take that east. The possibilities are endless. Now fire up those Garmins, get out your road atlases and get to figuring. The Un is coming and an epic Pied Piper is taking shape. clap.gif
Jamie,

If side-steeping KC (we realize however it WILL BE one of the jewels of the trip (tongue firmly planted in cheek)) makes the route work better, Bentonville is just a stone's throw for us to jaunt down there and 'hook up' with the run/route.

Just a thought.

Jamie,

If side-steeping KC (we realize however it WILL BE one of the jewels of the trip (tongue firmly planted in cheek)) makes the route work better, Bentonville is just a stone's throw for us to jaunt down there and 'hook up' with the run/route.

Just a thought.

If you're going to be anywhere near NE Arkansas, AR123 is not to be missed.

Yea!!!! Sounds like fun. We can tour Wal-Mart or something!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Oh, that's NERDY Jamie, not HOT Jamie. grin.gif

I'd like to join in that party, if possible!

• 2 weeks later...

I want to add my IN for the Pied Piper. Now this is sounding like fun. I am in north Indiana, but am thinking of going the wrong way about 4 states to meet up in NW Ark. if it ends up going that way. Sid here on a Red 04.

• 4 weeks later...
Will there be hot and cold champagne and underwater dancing?

Yes, but only if you take the Auto Train from Florida to VA. Out of the way for some people perhaps, but hey, it's you.

Will there be hot and cold champagne and underwater dancing?

heh. speaking of that...I saw this today. I've danced with Doug Silton, one of the guys in the video.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, no excited chatter for awhile. I know it is still months away but I'm really looking forward to the UN.

And in addition, this is my Nine Hundred Ninety Ninth post! thumbsup.gif

And you sure breezed right past it. thumbsup.gif

Yeah...some of the excited chatter may be waiting for our wedding day to be over lurker.gif

And you sure breezed right past it. thumbsup.gif

Yeah...some of the excited chatter may be waiting for our wedding day to be over lurker.gif

Seems to be plenty of wedding "excited chatter" grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

As there should be. thumbsup.gif

So close and yet so far. I've got the same problem as Steve in So Cal. School's in session and the boss don't take kindly to days off right at the start of the year. [sigh]

Oh well. better luck next time. crazy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

It has been several rainy, cool days here in the mid-wurst and I'm starting to daydream about the UN. Now that's something to get excited about!

For the rest of you with perfect riding weather and out on your bikes wave.gif

Is it too late to get in on this?
Not too late, but we don't know the route and timing yet. Stay tuned and we'll have something up soon. We won't be able to stop by everyone's house, but we'll post where we'll be so that you can either hook up with our "tour" en route, or hook up with another one closer to you. With the numbers of riders that will be crossing the continent, I'm thinking there will be numerous "tours" working their way eastward this coming August/September! thumbsup.gif
  • 3 weeks later...
Not too late, but we don't know the route and timing yet. Stay tuned and we'll have something up soon. We won't be able to stop by everyone's house, but we'll post where we'll be so that you can either hook up with our "tour" en route, or hook up with another one closer to you. With the numbers of riders that will be crossing the continent, I'm thinking there will be numerous "tours" working their way eastward this coming August/September! thumbsup.gif

Has there been a departure day established yet? Looks like a somewhat northern route so far. Anymore info as to moteling vs camping vs crashing someones adobe grin.gif

Has there been a departure day established yet? Looks like a somewhat northern route so far. Anymore info as to moteling vs camping vs crashing someones adobe grin.gif

Don't know any details but my house is still available to those who wish to stop 50 miles east of St. Louis right off of I 64. thumbsup.gif

Firefight911

Routes and dates are in the works. Hopefully, we'll have a pretty good idea as to what is up in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Really starting to get excited now that the new bike is here!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Routes and dates are in the works. Hopefully, we'll have a pretty good idea as to what is up in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Really starting to get excited now that the new bike is here!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

new bike I must have missed something. Did Jamie get her new bike???

Firefight911

Yes!! She got her new F800ST and I got a new R1200GS-A.

Yes!! She got her new F800ST and I got a new R1200GS-A.

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Congratulations to both of you!!! Yippee Skippee can't wait to see you guys again.

Trying to find a time that fits with both Michael and Phil's schedules has been a bit of a challenge. Combined with "our" recent health issues and "somebody's" work/OT schedule conundrums, we haven't been able to all sit down together and look at maps, but we've got a scheduled conference call for early June and we'll work on a proposed a route and time table. Then, after checking with the folks along the route who have offered up their places for waypoints, we'll confirm the route and timing and post it here. I think we're tentatively looking at a departure from Michael's place in Minden, NV around August 27th/28th with arrival in Fayetteville, WV on Monday afternoon (Labor Day).

More later! smile.gif

I think we're tentatively looking at a departure from Michael's place in Minden, NV around August 27th/28th with arrival in Fayetteville, WV on Monday afternoon (Labor Day).

More later! smile.gif

We won't be able to leave until August 30th. but maybe we can hook up somewhere along the way. We'll keep watch and see if we can adjust our route to meet along the way.

Firefight911
Trying to find a time that fits with both Michael and Phil's schedules has been a bit of a challenge. Combined with "our" recent health issues and "somebody's" work/OT schedule conundrums, we haven't been able to all sit down together and look at maps, but we've got a scheduled conference call for early June and we'll work on a proposed a route and time table. Then, after checking with the folks along the route who have offered up their places for waypoints, we'll confirm the route and timing and post it here. I think we're tentatively looking at a departure from Michael's place in Minden, NV around August 27th/28th with arrival in Fayetteville, WV on Monday afternoon (Labor Day).

More later! smile.gif

Darn those conundrums!!! grin.gif

My schedule conflict for this may be changing so that I can attend this here hill climbing, twisty road riding get together. thumbsup.gif

Not sure about joining in the Pied Piper, but I'll keep watching the post to see what your timing and route will be. Since I live somewhat in the center of the country you can't be going too far from me.

On the sidelines watching lurker.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Okay!! After much hype and anticipation . . .

. . . here's a rough draft of the proposed schedule so far! We've got some minor blanks yet to be filled in, but we've come up with a few "times certain" and a few party--, I mean Rallying Points with dates ironed out, so I want to get this up early so folks can start making plans.

First, I want to thank Phil "1bmwfan" and Michael "SageRider" for their help, time and input.

And second, I want to thank those generous "hosts" who have offered up their homes to the Tour riders and are now making plans for food, finding out info on nearby hotel/motel lodging, scrounging air mattresses, hiding the fine china, sending the kids to the grandparents, etc. grin.gif

As the size of the group may still grow as the time nears and the individual riders' needs/desires may change en route, we're laying out what we have nailed down and of course you all are free to join up or split off as you desire--I would just ask that if you decide to leave the group, please notify someone first so we don't come looking for you! Most of us plan on bringing at least a bedroll to be able to take the straw pallet in the corner of the garage, but the hosts may also be able to provide camping space, info on the nearest Motel, or Hotel if you require "turn-down service" or are just addicted to "pillow mints". dopeslap.gif

So, here are the "Rallying Points" we've secured where we can all join up together on the way east, and the individual Hosts will start separate threads to RSVP for those evenings so that they can plan on numbers (and arrange food ahead of time if need be). All are welcome, but if you do plan on meeting up at a Rally Point, please RSVP to each of the Hosts' threads so that they don't get surprised or overrun. The Hosts will let you know if any pre-payments for food, drink, etc. will be requested.

The First Rallying Point will be Michael's "SageRider's" place in Minden, NV (Reno area). We will arrive there on Sunday, August the 26th and depart fairly early the morning of the 27th.

Lodging for the evening of Monday, the 27th and the evening of Tuesday, the 28th are still TBD, but the suggestions so far are generally Torrey/Kanab and Tucumcari/Amarillo respectively. If there are Hosts in those general areas who would like to chime in, please contact me or post here.

The Second Rallying Point will be at "Mike05's" place in Highland Village, TX (north of Dallas, but south of Denton) on Wednesday night the 29th of August. He's planning on arranging for dinner there with those who are joining up and anyone from the local "Pie Town Crew" who want to come, meet folks and kick tires, etc.

The Third Rallying Point will be at Emerson's "murrayg's" place in Bentonville, AR (north of Fayetteville in the NW corner of the state, near the site of UnRally-II, for which Emerson was the Ride Route Master! clap.gif ) on Thursday, August 30th. The schedule will likely be similar to the previous night, but the details of each evening will be set by the host and laid out in their individual RSVP thread.

[Edit: Link to Emerson's RSVP thread for Rally Point Three! clap.gif ]

The Fourth Rallying Point will be at "Bud's" place in Nashville, IL (that's in southern ILLINOIS, not in Tennessee . . . you're welcome! grin.gif ) We will arrive here on Friday, August 31st and this will be the last fixed Rallying Point. We will likely be a large group by this point and there will be lots of folks from north of here who will likely be meeting up with the tour here Friday or Saturday (see next point). Bud has graciously agreed to host TWO nights here for those who want/need a "down day" to rest, do laundry, address maintenance issues, etc. From here there are many options and with a large group I forsee many folks branching off and doing different things from here to WV. If you just jump on the slab it is a day's ride to the UnRally from Bud's . . . but what fun would THAT BE??? dopeslap.gif

So we see the Tour basically pausing/ending here and then we all meet up again at the UnRally on Tuesday (or Monday). Allow me to throw out a few ideas/suggestions that have surfaced so far and of course feel free to post your own ideas and/or start your own thread in this forum to hook up with other riders with similar interests/time schedules. Leslie and I are planning to take a down day at Bud's (stay the night of Saturday, September 1st as well) and had planned to arrive at the UnRally in Fayetteville, WV on Monday afternoon, September 3rd (Labor Day). We are still figuring out where we'll go/stay on Sunday night, September 2nd. A reminder, it is Labor Day Weekend and so lodging might need to be secured in advance and might be a bit more costly in some destination areas.

There is an air museum at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH and there is a plan forming to see about logistics for a trip up there on the way to the UnRally.

Another idea: St. Louis, MO is nearby to Bud's place, so SO's who don't want to ride multiple days could be flown in and picked up there. smile.gif

Are you getting excited yet?? wave.gif

I'm excited. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Looking forward to meeting many I only know from this forum and some that I met at last years UN.

Details to our house and accommodations will be posted tomorrow along with contact and RSVP instructions.

I'm thinking B4 Beer, Brats, Burgers and BMW's.

The more, the merrier grin.gif

grin.gif

this is getting to be a disease.... glad to see the way points are up

i'll map it and see it it works for a SS2000 through Buds'

So, Jamie, for your route we're basically looking at this (Google Maps). You'll note that I checked "avoid highways" thumbsup.gif

I still don't know if I can go, but it sure looks like fun.

Don't forget starting in San Diego!

Bill_Walker
So, Jamie, for your route we're basically looking at this (Google Maps). You'll note that I checked "avoid highways" thumbsup.gif

I still don't know if I can go, but it sure looks like fun.

Don't forget starting in San Diego!

Doh! I knew I forgot something! No, wait, aren't we all starting from your place?

Actually, I left that part out on purpose, so the link would provide a map that was common to everyone. You can easily "add another destination" and then drag it to the top of the list for your own starting point.

Firefight911
WOW! This is really shaping up. I wish I could join you guys.

Mark

And you can't, why??????????

From here there are many options and with a large group I forsee many folks branching off and doing different things from here to WV. If you just jump on the slab it is a day's ride to the UnRally from Bud's . . . but what fun would THAT BE???
Well not much. I'm coming up with 520 miles by basically sitting on I64 Louisville, Lexington, Huntington, and in.

Or peal off I64 at Winchester just east of Lexington, (maybe overnight in Lexington, then the next day?) ride the Bert T. Comb's Mtn. Pkwy., then pick a way over to the Rivermans via this and that? I'm come up with something like 601 miles doing that.

Suggestions from those that know the area?

• 2 weeks later...

So much going on in this thread I've taken to replying to myself these days... blush.gif

Anyway, any more thoughts from anyone on what'cha doing between Bud's on Sunday morning and the Riverman's by Monday afternoon/evening?

We'd kind of like to get a Sunday night sleepin' place nailed down pretty soon.

Thoughts anyone?

Archived