IGNORED

Fall Torrey-12 Check-In!!

KMG_365

Here is a quickie check-in. Mary and I got back Monday about 1:30 pm from Laughlin. Gotta go to work. Later.

Obviously we didn't hit the Mega Bucks jackpot if you are going back to work.

Glad you got back...not happy you didn't stop to say adios in Hanksville. It took me 20 minutes to get Phil to stop crying. cool.gif

Hello Mary!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Well I am back and take a few minutes now. I just wanted to say from Mary and me that we had a great time meeting all of you. It was a pleasure putting a "handle" with a real face and name. Man do I love sweeper madness. That is one of the fastest, uh, best road with twisties that I have been on in a long time. When you can knock out 37 miles of road in about 25 minutes you know you are having fun even when it is snowing. Not sure if it was legal fun but it was fun. And REAL MEN ride in the snow. I noticed a comment about my stature but Mary says I make up for it in other areas of my physique so I will just grin and accept it. The dinner on Friday was great and the folks at the CW were just awesome. Thank you Michelle.

Mary and I took off on Saturday morning and headed for Capitol Reef where we hiked down Capitol Gorge for about 1-2 hours which was cool. We then headed to Hanksville and lunch for the ride south. Hey guys/gals in Hanksville we did not know that was you so we just kept rolling. I think for me the most memorable scene besides playing in the snow was when we got to see Lake Powell from up on that large Mesa near Hite Landing. Absolutely beautiful. We then headed to Mexican Hat where we spent the night at the San Juan Inn. Great place to stay by the way. It is right on the river. Man did we luck out. We got the last room they had that night. The gravel at Moke Dugway was a piece of cake and thanks for the warning guys (another great view by the way). We rode around Monument Valley on Sunday morning which was great and then made it to Laughlin by 4 pm. One thing that both Mary and I learned for sure is that the original seat on this bike SUCKS big time. Everything else about it is great but the seat has to go and soon. I know Whip I Know-Alaska pad. I was online this morning looking at them. We got some good sleep and took off Monday morning via Rt. 66 which was cool and beat the heck out of straight lines and semi trucks for 330 miles. Arrived home at 1;30 or so just in time to wash Ruby and two cars while Mary cleaned the house. Last night we fell into bed dead tired. We had a great time meeting everyone and look forward to Torrey 13 in May. I can't wait to do sweeper madness in the spring. We are already "in" at the Chuckwagon so we will see y'all there in May. Forgot to mention we put 1700 miles on Ruby and she ran flawlessly. And thanks to Tim from Az. for teaching me how to start her in the cold. Cheers everyone.

I noticed a comment about my stature but Mary says I make up for it in other areas of my physique so I will just grin and accept it.
You misspelled "psyche" . . . and ego size doesn't count! eek.gif

BTW, Leslie says: TMI!! lmao.gif

Glad you had almost as much as we did--isn't the Mokee Dugway a bitchin' road??!!! clap.gif

Hey guys! Its sounds like you had a lot of fun. I am relatively new to this forum and riding in general. I just purchased a 2006 R1200RT, I have had it about a month now (luv it) and was wondering if I would be welcome to come to Torrey in the spring? crazy.gif

Cheers

Rob

Hey guys! Its sounds like you had a lot of fun. I am relatively new to this forum and riding in general. I just purchased a 2006 R1200RT, I have had it about a month now (luv it) and was wondering if I would be welcome to come to Torrey in the spring? crazy.gif

Cheers

Rob

Be warned!!! That is what this forum is all about!!!

It truly is an online/on road group, and we are all about spreading the fun amongst fresh meat, errrr, I mean new friends!!!

The warning part comes from the fact that you will become addicted to the gatherings and the board!!!

Not back from Torrey, but back from the Colorado trip Penny and I had to take this past weekend. We drove, leaving Sat. after work (around 6PM). But on the way there (mostly Sunday) we kept seeing BMW riders coming out of UT-14, UT-20, UT-89, Fish Lake, UT-72, UT-24, running down I-15 and I-70. Even managed to run into one of our K1200S riders (Rich was his name, I think) at the gas station in Beaver, UT on Sunday AM.

Boy, I sure missed going. I missed the roads, I missed Torrey and the Chuckwagon, and I missed all of you, my old and "new" friends, the latter of whom I'll have to meet at Spring Torrey '07.

It's great to hear so many wonderful stories. JB, I'm glad you liked the gloves. Marco, you will be/are being assimilated. . .I told you this was a great group. Nora, what do you and Louise have up your sleeves???? eek.gif Wurty, now the doll in the closet has an inflatable companion. tongue.gif Gleno, Terri and Jake, thanks for the company on Monday night in Vegas. And thanks for a great dinner. Nice choice of restaurants, Terri. Them was good eats!

My best to all of you who had such a wonderful time. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to share them with you, but I will be next time. You can count on it.

. . . was wondering if I would be welcome to come to Torrey in the spring? crazy.gif

Cheers

Rob

. . . of ALL the STOOOOOOOOOPID questions!! Oh wait, I mean: "Of COURSE you're welcome!! grin.gif

Like Richard said: that's what this place--and Torrey especially--is all about! cool.gif

We LOVE to share the love of sport touring with like-minded new friends! You've already got some great friends from this site in your local area and you don't have to wait until Spring! We're gathering a bit closer to you for a Tech Daze in Diamond Springs late next month that you should check out if you can.

Then there's always BMWST.com's Annual Death Valley Daze next January, or even the Death Valley Pre-Run Ride this November! cool.gif

See you there! wave.gif

Checking in. This is BMWRTNEWBIE checking in. Made it home around 4:30 on Monday. Had a great ride home. Also have changed my Username to Beagler (wife's idea) which refers to one of our other loves, our two Beagles, Brandy and Mollie.

Got home in good shape on the tire Killer donated and Jamie mounted. Thanks guys. Left Eli Nevada early this am and it was 20 degrees, got to Sacramento where it was 85 and finally home where it was a comfortable 65.

Nora, what do you and Louise have up your sleeves???? eek.gif

I'm sorry I couldn't be there to share them with you, but I will be next time. You can count on it.

Hey Fernando,

Louise and I will never tell....it's a girl thing. And BTW, we missed you and Russell and Lisa and Dennis and everyone else who couldn't show up, but we seemed to manage without you. Richard and Wurty have all of the stories grin.gifgrin.gif.

I'll be callen you in May to see what time we're leaving thumbsup.gif.

. . . of ALL the STOOOOOOOOOPID questions!! Oh wait, I mean: "Of COURSE you're welcome!! grin.gif

Like Richard said: that's what this place--and Torrey especially--is all about! cool.gif

We LOVE to share the love of sport touring with like-minded new friends! You've already got some great friends from this site in your local area and you don't have to wait until Spring...

I Feel the Love... lmao.gif Thanks for being so receptive, I sure hope I can meet some of you someday. grin.gif Hepefully in spring grin.gif

It truly is an online/on road group

Ethcuthe me, Lucy?? Wha chu say?? 'Splain, Lucy, 'splain! Ohhh, chu RT/GT (wadever) guyth are so muy foool of churthelves! Dun chu know dat da road stuff is wha chu ride to get to the REAL fun?! Donde esta mis GS compadres? grin.gif

Checking in from LA. Bryce and Zion fantastic. Now all I have to do is head back to Maryland via Florida. Nice meeting everyone.

It truly is an online/on road group

Ethcuthe me, Lucy?? Wha chu say?? 'Splain, Lucy, 'splain! Ohhh, chu RT/GT (wadever) guyth are so muy foool of churthelves! Dun chu know dat da road stuff is wha chu ride to get to the REAL fun?! Donde esta mis GS compadres? grin.gif

I love it. Ricki Ricardo with a lisp. Eeth dat ly thon Gee Eth ting?

Oh, those Cubans!!! lmao.gif

I thoght this was interesting/cool. Both of my street bikes in Capitol Reef at the same time...headed diff directions. Not something I'm likely to see often. confused.gif

RandomPics-4.jpg

Torrey....our krew on the way back to Vegas at Cedar Breaks.

RandomPics-1.jpg

Post Torrey... Mesquite smoked, habanero/teriyaki pork loin chops. (sadly..they had to suffer thru tri-tip the night before we left for Torrey).

RandomPics-3.jpg

I don't know which was hotter, Gleno's BBQ chops or Norah the explora tongue.gif

Hey Wurty,

It had to be those delicious BBQ chops....we know now about you and pork and besides, I didn't have any wool on grin.gifgrin.gif.

Norah,

I've got to call Laney and find out the name of that booze she had...it was wonderful and I need a supply for my house. Hell, I don't drink much but I really enjoyed the buzz even if I was a bit of a fool that afternoon. dopeslap.gif

Great to hang out with you and your pal. thumbsup.gif

Hell, I don't drink much but I really enjoyed the buzz even if I was a bit of a fool that afternoon. dopeslap.gif

yeah-hahahaha <cough>, <cough>, <gasp> - especially not tequila, right?! eek.giflmao.gif save some for the rest of us next time, will ya! tongue.gif

oh, and i think i'll leave the fool part alone! eek.giflmao.gif

wave.gif

Norah,

I've got to call Laney and find out the name of that booze she had...it was wonderful and I need a supply for my house. Hell, I don't drink much but I really enjoyed the buzz even if I was a bit of a fool that afternoon. dopeslap.gif

It was Pátron Anéjo Tequila. DAMHIK smile.gif

1. Thanks for the help in finding the name.

2. Wow, that stuff costs more than 93 octane for the bike.

3. Please visit me in the rehab joint if I end up there.

PS. Whip, great to meet you and Mrs. Whip.

Now, everyone go back to work. Remember you have to support the retired persons. lmao.gif

"Now, everyone go back to work. Remember you have to support the retired persons."

Marty

I think it would be cheaper if I just sent you the check directly......that's the way my Dad likes it.

It was great meetin you too ...incase you didn't know the weather was great and we had a lot of fun after you left. grin.gifdopeslap.gif

Whip

And BTW, we missed you and Russell and Lisa and Dennis and everyone else who couldn't show up

We missed you too! Sounds like the weather was cold, but the spirit of Torrey was warm as usual! (And I'm especially dying after seeing the BBQ Gleno whipped up for everyone post-Torrey....AGGGGH!!)

Norah, I was going to warn you about Wurty before the trip, but I figure you just have to see him to believe him! grin.gif

All is not lost, however: Here's a snap of what I was doing over Torrey weekend! That's right, that's me in FRONT of Russell (only cause he let me pass!) smirk.gif (ride tale and video of the track to come as soon as we get the video edited!) thumbsup.gif

747743-R%2BL-RenoTrack%28Small%29.jpg

126487664_747743-RL-RenoTrack(Small).jpg.fae79ba433ae4e21295ab349fb8f4a64.jpg

Well all you working slobs have been home a few days now.... wink.gif But, Doug (Hazmat), JoeG, and Couchrocket are currently in Ouray, CO. We left Torrey on Monday and rode to Durango. Tuesday we rode to Grand Junction over the "Million Dollar Highway" to get JoeG some fresh shoes for his RT. Mission accomplished we booked back to Ouray for the night. Had a great dinner at the "Outlaw," which we can heartily recommend! Today we just putted about enjoying great weahter, golden aspens, snow on the peaks. Lunch in Telluride (sp?) and then back to Ouray for another great dinner, rag-time panio (in the bar), and a good night's sleep.

Tomorrow we head for Monument Valley and then book home to SoCal by the end of the day Friday, probably. Bikes running great, weather perfect.

Was great to meet you all at Torrey, and to see some old friends too...

I'll check in once we're actually home! Be jealous, be very jealous! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Marty writes,

Ya Marty give Norah's Pal some crap. I hated him too. The minute I saw him. All handsome and dashing. All he needed was a sword and he could have stood in for Erroll Flynn on a movie set.

I thought to myself I bet he rides like a girl too!!

Then I saw Norah ride canyons better than I could on my best day so I thought I should shut up about the rides like a girl crack. and her pal was actually a great guy who was there to protect her from chumps like me and you.

Lucky for her she chose right. lmao.gif

I will give her just one more time to make the wrong choice !

All he needed was a sword and he could have stood in for Erroll Flynn on a movie set.

Oh man...if that isn't a call for some creative photoshop work, I don't know what is. grin.gif

Just givin you some crap Marty for bailing on me before I could harass you in person.

I will see you next time for sure.

Anyway I smoked the cigar I brought for you so I feel better now.

Just givin you some crap Marty for bailing on me before I could harass you in person.

I will see you next time for sure.

Anyway I smoked the cigar I brought for you so I feel better now.

Are you sure it was that cigar? Do you know where it had been?

Here's a snap of what I was doing over Torrey weekend!

747743-R%2BL-RenoTrack%28Small%29.jpg

You're almost forgiven for blowing off Torrey, but only because that picture is way too cool. thumbsup.gif

Now, Heidi is wondering if there's enough room in the garage for 2 track bikes. blush.gif

Cheers

Rob

Oh grasshopper, you are most welcome indeed. We can ride out together with the rest of the Bakersfield gang that knows riding. Yes, they are few, but they are the best! thumbsup.gif

So lets get together so you can buy me a coffee and we can talk riding! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Sorry I missed it, Gang. Lessee, the three days of Torrey I was in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. Ride tale to follow.
I'll be lookin' for it! It'd better be a damn good one to make up for leaving your "Crew" riding to Torrey and havin' a blast WITHOUT YOU!! tongue.gifgrin.gif

Arrived home yesterday afternoon. Another great trip! It was nice visiting with old friends and meeting new ones. I guess one advantage of the cold weather was the paucity of insects to impale themselves on the front surfaces. Didn't get but one or two until on the way back, in warmer weather.

I had a good ride with Master Yoda Saturday. thumbsup.gif Thanks, Dick, for showing me that special place. I stayed an extra day and went up to ride 72 and 25. My jinx for that area seems to hold. This is the third time I've gone to do that ride and something always happens! I did manage to complete the ride this time, but I had to stop and tape the reservoir for the rear shock to the frame; at a stop at one of the overlooks I noticed it was just dangling by the hose. eek.gif The bolt that was supposed to be holding it was completely gone - I don't know how that happened. confused.gif

About 2100 miles total.

Finally got to a computer after arriving in Sequim, WA. yesterday afternoon, my "temporary home" for a week before I head down the Oregon Coast back to good ol Sanny Eggy.

How much better could the weather be after that freeze in Torrey? I had a great ride to Twin Falls, checked out the Buffalo Cafe for breakfast (don't miss), up to MacCall Idaho, overnight in Spokane and rode with a pal on 2/20 before heading for the Olympic Peninsula, Sequim.

The Sat night dinner in Torrey was great, although my clothes still smell like a bonfire.

Great seeing the usual suspects and making some new friends. See y'all at Spring Torrey wave.gif

Archived