IGNORED

Fall Torrey-12 Check-In!!

KMG_365

Hah!! I'm first!! wave.gif

Les, Gregori and I still got here at 19:00 hours local time despite traffic delays of almost two hours!

Dinner with the group at the RimRock Restaurant and we're back at Killer's watching Al's video of riding in Italy and Germany/Austria! 55*F was the coldest we saw all day. smirk.gif

Sweet! Send everyone our love. wave.gif

Hey...and if you've got room on that pack-mule you call a motorcycle, see if you can distract Palin long enough to slip that new snazzy dirt bike of his into one of your Helen2Wheels bags or something. You can drop it at my house on your way home. He'll never notice it's missing...honest. tongue.gif

see if you can distract Palin long enough to slip that new snazzy dirt bike of his into one of your Helen2Wheels bags or something. He'll never notice it's missing...honest. tongue.gif
I'm watching you Bynum, and him... grin.gif

Whip's already fallen off it, sadly no pictures.

Breakfast

97169761-L.jpg

NoraH, RussellW, Marty Hill, John(JB-BMW)

97169854-L.jpg

SweeperMadness in the snow

97169994-L.jpg

SweeperMadness UT-72 and I-70

97170149-L.jpg

On the way to Fish Lake

97170247-L.jpg

Whip takes aim!! "INCOMING!!!!!" blush.gif

97170397-L.jpg

Da boyz playing in the snow!

97170443-L.jpg

Another sticker! grin.gif

97170555-L.jpg

Beautiful Scenery!

97170805-L.jpg

55°F was the coldest we saw all day. smirk.gif
Um, yeah... that might not exactly be true today. lmao.gif

(Note the pictures above.)

As a notice to all those attending the N. Cali Tech Daze: Replacing a stretched out throttle cable on an impeccably clean r12st should be one of the topics covered. thumbsup.gif

Well, it was a bit colder today. Leslie said she saw 28*F in Killer's truck as they shot a few shots of our group as we rode by. I hope Killer will post them later.

More beautiful scenery!

97177269-L.jpg

Group shop sans helmets:

97179773-L.jpg

When it's time to relax . . . !

97178132-L.jpg

I am SOOOOO jealous!!!!!! confused.giffrown.gifeek.gif It look so beautiful and everyone is so happy. I could do without the cold ya know blush.gif

Really wish I was there!!

Tell my hubby (1bmwfan - Phil) that I miss him and give him big hugs for me!! (this could get ugly) lmao.gif

Tell my hubby (1bmwfan - Phil) that I miss him and give him big hugs for me!! (this could get ugly) lmao.gif
I'll, uh, get right on that... smile.gif

And FWIW, we're sorry you couldn't come.

You'll probably be seeing more pictures posted in a bit. Today's ride was great too. (Of course, I currently can't because I forgot my USB cable...)

Group shop sans helmets:

97179773-L.jpg

Ahhhhh! Put the helmets back on!!! eek.gif Uhh, um, 'cuz y'all look cold, I mean. grin.gif

Tell Keith to stand up for the picture next time! 2 guys kneeling is too much!lmao.gif

(So much for borrowing Ruby ever again blush.gif )

BTW, ain't y'all a bit corncerned about ice?? eek.gif

FYI, Keith, it's 73 & sunny in HB. 'Course, no Sweeper Madness. bncry.gif

quote]Tell my hubby (1bmwfan - Phil) that I miss him and give him big hugs for me!! (this could get ugly) lmao.gif

I'll, uh, get right on that... smile.gif

That's what I like about you! You are such a giver!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

I pulled in just after 5pm MST. clap.gif It was a GREAT ride back with Andy & Debbie, Brian & Debby, and Leroy & Sharon! Got my first taste of SweeperMadness - VERY cool! clap.gifthumbsup.gif

Close to home, I followed a dumbass squid on Bangerter Highway (near SLC) who thought he would be cool and do a wheelie..., at 60mph for about a mile - TWICE!! eek.gifdopeslap.gif I flew up behind him and gave him the scare of his life as I'm sure he thought that I was a MOTO-LEO (too bad I wasn't - sigh). thumbsup.gif

Anyway, it was great to meet ya'll - or, those of you that I did that is. For those of you that I didn't, well, there's always next time! cool.gif

Until then... wave.gif

Team Schnauzer made it safely to Moab, where we will stay until driving home on Tuesday.

We had a nice ride up Sweeper Madness before leaving Torrey.

We will check-in when we get home.

Take care, be well and ride safely.

Debi and I made it safe and sound right at 4:00pm. We had to break away from the rest of the SLC crowd in Fairview, UT as we had to hurry home to get the kids and make it to my parents for dinner with guests from Australia.

Despite the bad weather on Friday, this turned out to be an excellent weekend and another very successful trip to Torrey.

Thanks to all who lined up the Open House and Dinner on Saturday. It was very good and we do appreciate your efforts.

Can't wait until the next gathering. Until then...

I am checking in for Phil (1bmwfan) and Steve (BMWRTnewbie ). They are stoping and staying the night in Beaty, NV. grin.gif

I can't wait to be there next time!! clap.gifAnd thank to all for taking care of my hubby!! thumbsup.gif He has been telling me over and over again how awesome everyone is and how beautiful it is there in Torrey!! clap.gif

I look forward to seeing you next time!! thumbsup.gif

I am checking in for Phil (1bmwfan) and Steve (BMWRTnewbie ). They are stoping and staying the night in Beaty, NV. grin.gif

I can't wait to be there next time!! clap.gifAnd thank to all for taking care of my hubby!! thumbsup.gif He has been telling me over and over again how awesome everyone is and how beautiful it is there in Torrey!! clap.gif

I look forward to seeing you next time!! thumbsup.gif

Tell Phil sorry I didn't get to say goodbye this morning.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Arrived home at 2230 hours, safe and sound. Jim Martinez(Mudman) is also home safe in Wofford Heights. Huge wreck on I-15 sent us (Mudman and me) on a 90 minute detour through Lake Mead and Valley of Fire to get around crash zone. Saw a low of 27 and a high of 97 (Death Valley) today.

It was really great meeting so many new faces at this Torrey. I know I didn't get to shake everyone's hand, hard as I tried. I think the weather had allot to do with that on Friday night, too freakin' c-c-cold. tongue.gif

Crossing the rockies was much easier this time!!

Got home at 6:30 pm, just in time to see the start of Bronco's game.

My first Torrey and not my last, had an excellent time!

Mark thumbsup.gif

Yo – Killer! Bob… Remember me? Saturday night, I was going to run upstairs and drop off my camera, and you were going to wait for me so I could come back with AzKaisr and see his pictures. I walked out of my room to hear the gravel flying out from under your tires as you blasted out of the parking lot!

And I’m still here at the Chuckwagon waiting!!! bncry.gif

[/guilt-inducing outright lie tongue.gif ]

After leaving Torrey shortly after 7 am, I got in around 7pm last night, which with the one-hour time difference, adds up to a few too many hours on the bike! Luck decided to grace me with having I-15 shutdown for a long time on my way out, AND on my way home! crazy.gif

Cold and snow were no match for the warmth of a Torrey get-together. In spite of the shivers, it was still great to be among new and old friends in that awesome area.

I’m still grinning thinking of the number of times I rode Sweeper Madness in one day, with my last trip being on Whip’s FJR. (Must remember, I already have two bikes. I don’t need another one. Buddy… Who is Buddy??? wink.gif)

Thanks to everyone involved! thumbsup.gif

Yo – Killer! Bob… Remember me? Saturday night, I was going to run upstairs and drop off my camera, and you were going to wait for me so I could come back with AzKaisr and see his pictures. I walked out of my room to hear the gravel flying out from under your tires as you blasted out of the parking lot!

And I’m still here at the Chuckwagon waiting!!! bncry.gif

Oops, sorry, I'll head over there now. Guess I'm not that good at the taxi business....

I'm checking in, too. Left the CW at 7:30 AM on Sunday with Ray who offered to ride with me as far as SLC and show me some good roads. We rode Sweeper Madness, and then took the LONG WAY over two other passes to SL (which we didn't get to until 1 PM) when Ray waved me off and I continued on alone north.

Since the weather was so great I decided to continue taking the scenic route, and rode 89 through WY, ID, and then angled over picking up 20 back into MT. Got home at 9:15 PM having logged over 750 miles of smiles on Sunday (I haven't added it all up yet, but I think I managed about 1,800 miles over the weekend, between riding to-and-from Torrey and the riding I did on Saturday). clap.gif

A word to the wise: if you end up showing up at home from a weekend motorcycle trip 3 hours later than you told your wife you were going to, give her a call to let her know -- I didn't and almost spent the night in the doghouse dopeslap.gif (and I don't even have a dog!).

Great weekend. I enjoyed meeting many of you. A great first Torry for me. Hope to do it again.

Cheers!

It's awful lonely aound here....

97855981-L.jpg

Don't worry about Killer... he won't be alone.

97855982-L.jpg

Louise and I had great time...can't wait tell Spring

Ride Tale next week...we still have miles to go before we sleep. Beaver Creek and Independencre Pass are waiting.

BTW...nothing like using a mans computor right in front of him to make fun of him and he not even notice.

Whip

Made it home at midnight. Bruce ( BruceLaQuinta) and I went through Mt. Carmel Junction, Kanab to Flagstaff. We had planned to go see petroglyphs today but the ride was going so well, we kept riding.

It was great seeing all the folk, meeting new riding partners and trying to keep up with the K-bikes through The Madness.

Linda and I are already looking forward to Spring Torrey.

Ride Safe, See You On the Road.

(p.s. - Thanks Laney for the riding lessons)

Sue & I left Torrey around 9am (Bob's time) and arrived home 9:00pm (San Diego time). That was our first "straight through" trip, and I think Sue deserves a special award for her 13 hours on the back of the bike. Traffic on Sundays is awful south of Vegas and add to that the terrible accident north of Vegas, I think next time we will do our regular two day travel.

Despite the "cool" weather, we had a wonderful time as usual hanging out with our old and new friends. Many thanks goes out to those who made it happen.

Home at 19:45 last night!

After an excellent breakfast (prepared by no other than our own DB owner at Killer's place) Todd and I took off to the west at aobut 09:30. The ride was great and we kept a nice slow pace, much like our run up sweeper madness the day before lmao.gifblush.gif

No real incidents to speak of on the trip home, although there were a few too many LEOs on the west side of Delta Utah. The V1 stayed busy but it wasn't an issue since we drive slow anyway...

Todd split off from me in Reno to head to his friends for a couple of days, so I'll let him check in when he gets home.

No words to describe how much fun all of you are and how much I am with family when I get to hang out with this crowd of misfits.

How many days until Spring Torrey? clap.gif

How many days until Spring Torrey? clap.gif

Too many. Just a heads up the CW is already sold out for May with a waiting list at least 11 deep already, so start planning now.

YO HO HO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM, MAN THIS TORREY WAS LOTS A FUN lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Oh there was some Tequila too, thanks Laney thumbsup.gif

I just rolled in back home about noon today, had a blast lets do this again maybe in May or something grin.gif

Well, I didn't quite make it home in time for lunch, but close enough. smile.gif

I'll post pics later.

This really was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time.

On the waiting list for CW for May.

What are the dates for Spring Torry? May 25th?
Torrey is always (as in "set in stone until it's changed" smile.gif ) "the May weekend before Memorial Day, and again over the last full weekend of September" (from Dick's motost website).

So, to answer, it's the 18th-20th of May 2007.

To me "The May weekend before Memorial Day" would be the Saturday and Sunday immediately preceeding Memorial Day. But, it sounds like what Dick means is the May Weekend preceeding the Memorial Day Weekend. eek.gif

Can somebody who knows for sure confirm if it's May 18th or 25th in '07?

To me "The May weekend before Memorial Day" would be the Saturday and Sunday immediately preceeding Memorial Day. But, it sounds like what Dick means is the May Weekend preceeding the Memorial Day Weekend. eek.gif

Can somebody who knows for sure confirm if it's May 18th or 25th in '07?

It's the weekend before the Memorial Day weekend, look here for info

http://www.sleepingrainbow.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Motorcycle.BMWSTTorrey

Got home about 12:00 today. Had just too much fun. So many thank-you's.......Randy and the Chuckwagon family; thanks for a another great stay! To Matt and Jamie for the rum and shot glasses - what a great time. To Killer; your hospitality was wonderful. Thanks for putting up with all of us, shuttling us around and opening your house to us. Also, thanks for the chance of a lifetime to see Torrey like I've not seen it in the past. I'm so glad I decided to go. To Gleno and Terry; thanks so much for the everything! Great food, great company. And I now know how to check my oil and yes, it was full!! Most of all thanks to everyone who came and made it another great Torrey. I had so much fun and will see you all in May (or sooner)

BTW - Whip and Louise - hope to come visit you soon. Louise, we have some things to take care of!! wink.gif

BTW2 - Marty, I hope your a lot warmer!!

BTW3 - Wurty, it was great to meet you. Now I know....... grin.gif

Home!!!! Arrive around 4:30 PM California time.

Rode in from Beatty, NV this morning with Steve (BMWRTnewbie).

More to follow later. For now, I have 1967 miles worth of dirt to wash off! lmao.giflmao.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Remeber fellow Hoons (you know who you are) same bike for all this Spring! thumbsup.gifgrin.giftongue.gifeek.gifwink.gif

55? Looks cold as hell in the photos! blush.gif

Steve, rest assured my friend it was a DRY cold! grin.gif I now understand what the whole Gerbings thing is all about.

This transplanted Harley guy learned a lot on this trip. The thing that stands out the most however, in my mind, is the friendships that abound around here. Can't wait for May! thumbsup.gif

Special thanks to Roydog007 for letting me be his wingman.

We left Killer's place with Gregori about 08:45 MDT and taking the leisurely way through Zion, we were kickstand down at Casa Edmonds (and greeted by one excited puppy) about 23:00 hours PDT tonight. smile.gif

What a fabulous ride (LOTS of cows and a few deer on UT-12), and the weather was perfect. Overall it was a little cold on Thursday coming in (55*F), then we went deliberately looking for it in the higher elevations on Friday (28*F). Friday night's reception was a bit cold, but Saturday's BBQ at the campground was perfect (and a very nice venue for group dinners that I hope becomes a staple). Otherwise, the weather on Sunday and Monday was perfectly clear and crisp. thumbsup.gif

I don't know how to describe for those of you who have never been to a Torrey gathering, how magical the place is, how fabulous the riding is and how the folks who gather there are the nicest, warmest RIDERS you'll meet anywhere! cool.gif

It was great meeting all the newbies and seeing all my other family members! This place just gets better and better!! When's the next gathering?? I can't wait 'til spring!! clap.gif

I'm home, got in last night at 9pm CST. Left Chama, NM at 7am and had fun through the mountains to Springer where the long flat ride began. Put in over 3,000 miles on this first trip to Torrey. I met a lot of nice people and had a great time. I am still in awe of the spectacular beauty of the area. thumbsup.gif

Randy and I took the long way home through Monument Valley and had only two warnings from the radar detector on the trip home. eek.gif

Quite a trip starting with snow on the passes through the Rockies, chilly mornings in Torrey and Oklahoma heat through the pan handle on the way home. Didn't have too many bugs to clean off the bike until back in Oklahoma. The bike looks like a kamkazie bug practice site. lmao.gif

Made a lot of new friends and hope to meet more on the next trip out. clap.gif

Archived