IGNORED

Hey Drone Boy

TEWKS

3 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

More roofers are using drones for inspections. 

PRE-FIRE planning. Buildings. See things you could never see from the ground. ;)

13 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Here’s the vent pipe boot I replaced after finding the old one deteriorated and cracked using the drone. 
Seems to be a common fail point up in these parts, you might want to get yourself a drone and go up have a look see. :spittake:

image.thumb.jpeg.c3c1edadcb382a62ae9c5b80d8e54da9.jpeg

Them shingles are looking a bit shabby too,.....how much gravel in the gutters?

Never put gutters on the house. Probably not one of the better ideas I’ve come up with. 32 years on those shingles, getting near time. 

Well, for down here, slap a payment of about $12k+ to get it all replaced with another set of 30yr shingles.  

I'ma do it before I need it type on the house stuff.  Don't wanna find I have a leak by my TV short circuiting out or my air handler being drenched because of drip through.  Last house, roof was replaced, had lotsa gravel in the gutters and some of those shingles were brittle as a Praline.  That house cost me a wee bit extra due to the slope 12/12.  Current house has metal roof with an easy 4/12.  I'd get some estimates and start budgeting for that, specially after 32 years.......and the no gutter thing, is that a snow thing or just cause.

Drone that thing up there again and get close to see if you have any cracked or balding shingles......on the bottom side, looks like some balding ones

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Never put gutters on the house. Probably not one of the better ideas I’ve come up with. 32 years on those shingles, getting near time. 

32 years? Yeah, you got your money's worth, by probably 10 years.

• Like 1

Probably. I think they were 40 year shingles (if you believe the manufacturer) but ya, everything starts to fall apart with time.

46 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

and the no gutter thing, is that a snow thing or just cause.

It was a style thing at the time but as you can see by the blistering paint on the “dental work”, my priorities aren’t where they should be. :spittake:

IMG_4341.jpeg

John Ranalletta
40 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

It was a style thing at the time but as you can see by the blistering paint on the “dental work”, my priorities aren’t where they should be. :spittake:

IMG_4341.jpeg

Easier to remove & replace with new composite trim.  There's no enough time in life to paint and scrape that stuff.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 3
1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

Most of the houses where I live don't have gutters. Not much foundation to worry about. Mine has em and I wish it didn't.

I likes my gutters, no splash trench looks around the house.  Gutterguards cure the leaf/pinestraw clogs.

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

IMG_4341.jpeg

Bruh,....6" gutter would go right over that purdy trim.

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Bruh,....6" gutter would go right over that purdy trim.

Yeah, then all my “blistering paint” style would be lost. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin: I’ve been on the “fix one thing” a year plan. Paid big money for a kitchen floor (tile) job. Done right, but I’ve got some cracked grout and one broken tile already! :classic_angry: One step forward two steps back! :dontknow:

• 1 month later...

I feel like such an amateur. :ohboy:Yup, that looked really cool! :cool:

Been thinking about my next feature film with the drone. :5146:  Was going to take it to the firehouse and have the apparatus doors open on both sides of the building and do a fly through. Then have the living quarter’s doors open and fly through the station but direct the guys to carry on with their daily routine not looking at the drone. YKWIM, a what’s going on inside a random firehouse. IDK, it maybe coming soon to a YouTube channel near you. :spittake:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

Yes very cool, that may have been the seed that started the idea I had posted above, actually! :yes::thumbsup:

I’m at work but would need an IFR rating to fly the drone this morning. Low ceiling. ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.8fd3a4f1463864df0adae17937c44d5b.jpeg

A pretty trustworthy group I think. I will say, years ago at the old center station one guy lost his wallet or money out of his locker. The doors were always left open in those days and rumor had it someone was hanging out in the back parking lot that day. (Someone unknown to anybody) I forget if he was asked to leave. But that’s the only time I ever heard of a theft. Don’t believe it was ever solved. 

Now missing food out of the fridge, happens all the time. :spittake:

• Smile 1
On 12/26/2023 at 4:54 PM, TEWKS said:

Weather lifted this afternoon. :cool:
@wbw6cos it’s not the new station but it’ll save you some driving.

How many propellers went into the making of that video?

• Haha 1

It makes a little more noise than most other drones but the blades are protected with the Avata. Much better for indoor flying. :thumbsup: First take, not a single wall bump. :cool:

image.jpeg.8e00e42aa34d60aa2a6821679874d2a5.jpeg

• Smile 1

You witnessed skill, yup all skill right there! :rofl: Kidding, some practice for sure, but the Avata is pretty easy to fly. It doesn’t have obstacle avoidance, but it does have down facing sensors to assist you in landing smoothly. It will actually prompt you to make sure your landing area is clear. 

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I had to unearth this one for this. The Avata has been upgraded to very near where I need to trade up. It’s better in every way. If anyone is thinking drone, FPV is the only way to fly.

Some very nice scenery is another reason for posting this. 

3 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Damn you!   :grin:

I’m telling ya, different world! :cool: :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
wbw6cos

I just saw the price.  :ohboy:

I barely fly the drone I have right now.   Then you go and tempt me.   Oh, the humanity.

• Smile 1
3 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I just saw the price.  :ohboy:

I just stay in imaginary land, I didn’t go there! :spittake:

Touching 2k I bet? :facepalm:

The good thing about the Avata2 is you can fly it to like 70% of its capability in less than an hour. To do the same with a regular controller it'd take you WAAAAY longer to get to that level, and with many crashes in the process. So that's a great option for folks who just want to get one for recreation, like me. It costs like a grand at BestBuy. I might look into one, since it looks amazing in that video. Ha ha. I don't even own a GoPro, but that sucker looks like a lot more fun. Ha ha.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, JCtx said:

It costs like a grand at BestBuy

That’s not bad really, I’ll have to dig out my receipts but I think mine was a little more than that. Extra batteries and carry case put it close to fifteen hundred. :dontknow: No regrets, it’s fun stuff.

image.thumb.jpeg.6a00f2050ffa485ba83cf7eb4a8d8d6d.jpeg

• Like 1