IGNORED

Let’s play “I like this right now”

TEWKS

This is a pretty slick looking Tent Setup . I don’t know if it’s durable and didn’t see the stowed dimensions but, for on the move motorcycle camping it looks awesome.

edit 

found the motorcycle important information.

Sizes:

Small Tent (For 1-2 Person): 79" x 53" x 51" (Packed Size: 27.2" x 5.9" x 5.9"); 8lbs

Large Tent (For 2-3 Person): 83" x 70" x 57" (Packed Size: 30.3" x 5.9" x 5.9"); 9.2lbs

• Like 1

Ok, found some independent reviews, not so good I guess. The setup worked as advertised but the basic tent was crap, leaks, bad zippers, No customer service. I guess I’ll just stick with the tent I have and carry on the bike to hotel rooms. :rofl:

Come on, Pat.   In the first review they mentioned a very hard thunder storm for 10+ hours.....stayed dry all night,.........yada, yada, yada.    

As soon as I read that one, I knew it leaked. 

Although, I did read about it on the internet, so it must be true.   :D

• Haha 1
On 1/2/2024 at 4:58 AM, TEWKS said:

This is a pretty slick looking Tent Setup . I don’t know if it’s durable and didn’t see the stowed dimensions but, for on the move motorcycle camping it looks awesome.

edit 

found the motorcycle important information.

Sizes:

Small Tent (For 1-2 Person): 79" x 53" x 51" (Packed Size: 27.2" x 5.9" x 5.9"); 8lbs

Large Tent (For 2-3 Person): 83" x 70" x 57" (Packed Size: 30.3" x 5.9" x 5.9"); 9.2lbs

I was looking at this tent, which has a similar type popup quick setup, but the poles have to be clicked together so it does take a minute or two more than the one you linked.  The only reviews or ratings for it I could find other than the manufacturers website was on Amazon, which were good.  The Amazon page also has a video of the quick setup.

https://catoma.com/product/merchandise/shelters/2p/falcon-speedome-shelter/

https://www.amazon.com/CATOMA-Falcon-SpeeDome-Tent-Grey/dp/B08BN4FS1H

• Like 1

The new GS of course, the refreshed Tiger 900 and the Africa Twin Adventure Sports all have my attention right now. But WTF is the fascination with this flat black primer paint? :dontknow: :ohboy: The AT has been refreshed a little bit also.

Way Nicer paint than that flat black crap that Honda seems to love.. :cool:

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
R21A-Bumble

The more I look at the new stuff the more I like my Oilheads. Don't need traction control, don't need riding modes, ABS is ok but when it failed on one of the GS bikes I didn't fix it, love having a real key w/o a battery in it!

Edited by R21A-Bumble
add more info
  • Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
Motorhead1977

I'm liking this right now. My 87 VFR 400 R. Parked in my garage until spring but it sure is a fun little bike and the 14,000 RPM redline is a sweet song.

VFR 400R (2).jpg

• Like 8
On 1/11/2024 at 12:34 PM, R21A-Bumble said:

The more I look at the new stuff the more I like my Oilheads. Don't need traction control, don't need riding modes, ABS is ok but when it failed on one of the GS bikes I didn't fix it, love having a real key w/o a battery in it!

I talked myself out of a new RT based on the seemingly endless list of electronics I really don't need. And since my '04 RT is still running perfect, I'll just continue to enjoy it until it blows up.

I would like a bike with real cruise control but I've managed to ride 300,000 miles + without it. Active Cruise Control? I have it in my Ford Edge and it honestly annoys me. Shift Assist Pro? The two times I've demo'd a bike with it, it didn't seem to work as advertised. Hill Start Assist? Aren't you supposed to know how to start a bike moving on a hill?

I digress......:)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RPG said:

I talked myself out of a new RT based on the seemingly endless list of electronics I really don't need. And since my '04 RT is still running perfect, I'll just continue to enjoy it until it blows up.

I would like a bike with real cruise control but I've managed to ride 300,000 miles + without it. Active Cruise Control? I have it in my Ford Edge and it honestly annoys me. Shift Assist Pro? The two times I've demo'd a bike with it, it didn't seem to work as advertised. Hill Start Assist? Aren't you supposed to know how to start a bike moving on a hill?

I digress......:)

I have a 2009 RT. ABS, electric windscreen, ESA, cruise. That's as much as I need. I could live without the ESA.  Unfortunately the new RTs are 50% more than I paid for mine and my salary hasn't gone up 50% since then. I just can't justify it and they don't make another bike in my budget I'd buy and mine still works. 

• Like 2
BruinsFan

I just spent the last 58 minutes on my nightly Rand McNally studies and a quick 2 minutes on the bmw site building my new RT 🤣 

My '23 GSA is the first bike I've ever owned with all these fancy cruise, hill hold, quick shift (factory) features and man I still feel like I cheated myself for way too many years. I remember telling ppl if you didn't have enough talent to keep your bike steady on a hill waiting for your chance to jump, you didn't need to be on two wheels... now I totally get it and can't imagine not having it as an option. Cruise certainly has its advantages on the rare occasion and GSA surprisingly holds its speed on point. Quick shifter makes me feel like I'm 25 again but now much smoother. Ha! 

Adaptive cruise is another topic. Im afraid for some riders it will lead to ppl paying LESS attention to traffic. I can see a generation relying on it like the ppl that rely on back up cameras in their vehicles. Its like some folks have forgotten how to use their mirrors and EYES. I understand elderly, or folks with less mobility turning their necks or backs greatly benefit from it however. With ACC, I believe, we'll begin to see in some cases where a passenger (pillion) will push the operator over the bars when the system tells the bike to break at a high rate of deceleration because the pilot was in their own little world. 

I think part of the love of motorcycling on open highways is partly due to the risk involved, and if your brain isn't totally participating in the game of focus, you'll find your brain participating in the practice of brain surgery.

I remember long ago when I first played Frogger on Atari. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

And this old dog I've been putting some miles on lately, at least until winter has really set in.  Now has a Remus header and muffler instead of stock.  Found one new in the box that had never been installed.  Unobtanium.  Sometimes you get lucky.

IMG_6046.thumb.jpg.b10a0a63bbd4ff090e65f3ebf2b9cc59.jpg

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh believe me there are others, but RIGHT now. :spittake:

edit..

I now see it was on January 8th too. :rofl:

Yeah, I realize I already have a mouthful but man, this new Taco looks pretty tasty! :spittake:

IMG_4704.thumb.jpeg.87fee51cd1f8f8384f4a4b2a0aeb4804.jpeg

• Plus 1 1
Lone_RT_rider

Pat, they did a better job with that one than they did the new Tundra.  

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Yeah, I realize I already have a mouthful but man, this new Taco looks pretty tasty! :spittake:

IMG_4704.thumb.jpeg.87fee51cd1f8f8384f4a4b2a0aeb4804.jpeg

Taco's run forever with damn near no maintenance.  We had one for a few years.  There's a reason all the insurgents will put 23-2's in the bed of the "Hilux's".

2 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Pat, they did a better job with that one than they did the new Tundra.  

Wife test drove a Tundra a couple of years ago,....she didn't like that it felt like she had to put her foot to the floor to make it go.

• Like 2
Lone_RT_rider
4 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Taco's run forever with damn near no maintenance.  We had one for a few years.  There's a reason all the insurgents will put 23-2's in the bed of the "Hilux's".

Wife test drove a Tundra a couple of years ago,....she didn't like that it felt like she had to put her foot to the floor to make it go.

There might have been something wrong with that one.  I have a 2007 I bought new in 07.  It has 162K miles and it doesn't feel that way. Keeping tires on it is more of an issue to me. :)  I just hate the new "look at my entire front end looking like a grill" styling. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I just hate the new "look at my entire front end looking like a grill" styling. 

I felt that way for the longest time (new Trundra styling) but recently I saw a couple that didn’t look bad. (takes me a while) ;) I guess.

I think they are addressing the too much grill problem ( that many saw) in 24 or 25.

35 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

The new Toyota trucks use turbocharged engines. I suppose Toyota will make them reliable, but I have to wonder about maintenance with direct injection and all that. My brother has a F-150 with the eco boost 3.5 and it hasn't been troublesome per se, but not trouble free. 10 years old with 62k and it's had the transmission replaced under warranty, but WP seeps now and something with the variable timing sensor or something issue where it makes noise unless he holds the pedal down on starting. It's been maintained well. Just to fix the WP requires a lot of disassembly I think. He had a 1995 Tahoe 2 dr before that, 250K miles and original everything. I told him to trade/sell his truck as it's low mileage and get something better. He has a 26' boat he tows. That's gotta be 7k+ lbs. My choice would be a Ram 2500 with a cummins.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

There might have been something wrong with that one.  I have a 2007 I bought new in 07.  It has 162K miles and it doesn't feel that way. Keeping tires on it is more of an issue to me. :)  I just hate the new "look at my entire front end looking like a grill" styling. 

Twas a new truck when she was shopping around.  She said that the other trucks, Ford, Dodge and GMC didn't feel like she had to push to get throttle response.  I dunno, I don't test drive vehicles.....just know what I want and buy it.

Yeah, it's a lot better to have dual injection than just direct one. I much prefer just port injection than direct injection alone...but most cars don't have it anymore (either DI or dual). Hope bikes don't turn to just DI, but since dual injection is bulky, it's very unlikely it'd ever show on bikes. So hope they stay PI. My current R might be my last bike (it's a keeper), so not worried about that. Ha ha.

14 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Wife test drove a Tundra a couple of years ago,....she didn't like that it felt like she had to put her foot to the floor to make it go

My wife's Camry is the same. Maybe not pushing it to the floor, but a big delay between pushing the accelerator and actually having it start to accelerate, almost like old school accelerator pump failure on carburetors. A couple of reviews of Toyota products over the last few years mention it also, it was suggested that it was deliberate by Toyota due to the unintended acceleration issues they went thru about 5 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

A V-Twin with the cylinders pointed in the right direction. ;) Looks spacious and relaxing, congrats! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
Skywagon

Still have the Duc?  How long before you tape over the logo on the side cover? :grin:  That bike looks really comfortable with nice seat and floorboards.

3 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Still have the Duc?  How long before you tape over the logo on the side cover? :grin:  That bike looks really comfortable with nice seat and floorboards.

The Duc went into the deal to get the Guzzi. My knee disagreed with the Duc...... so I am going with the other Italian for the comfort, power and cornering clearance.:revit:

Raining today so it'll be tomorrow for some more pics. 

• Like 2