IGNORED

Let’s play “I like this right now”

TEWKS

This is a recycled idea that failed in the past but hey, I’m willing to fail again. :classic_biggrin:

I like this right now. :cool:

AC271BD7-147D-4F8B-A92C-E083C7A5CA27.jpeg

PS…Doesn’t have to be a motorcycle.

I do that ^ all the time. :dopeslap: That’s why I have a waiting period. Six months to a year, if the urge doesn’t go away by then I’m usually spending money. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

When we were kids, our crew had a game that drove our parents crazy. Every time we saw some cool bike/car/truck/ boat etc, we would yell out "Take It!" and stash it in our imaginary 10-car garage. First one to yell out was the winner.

Take it!!!!

Moto Guzzi V100 with bags

Thanks for the flash back to a similar game day.

(Just announced the V100 Mandello S is about $18,000 USD)

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

This is a recycled idea that failed in the past but hey, I’m willing to fail again. :classic_biggrin:

Just got this note from a friend in Eastern Oklahoma.

"Taking my first longish ride on my new Spyder. The good: I never fell over ;-)
The bad: it’s not nearly as fun to ride my favorite Arkansas roads as it was on two wheels :-(
The ugly: even though it has power steering it’s more of a workout riding twisties than it is on two wheels.
Hopefully I’ll get more used to it eventually.
Hope y’all are having good weather and good riding!"

• Like 1

He’ll get use to it. :thumbsup: Aways say to anyone that asks (I own a different spyder) if you have quad (ATV) or snowmobile experience the transition is way easier.

4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

My wife insists she can't be comfortable on the back of my RT, but I would really like to have her along on tour rides.  This Spyder, the RT Limited, is in my sights.  But, gawd, they're pricey!

1 hour ago, Yeeha Stephen said:

When we were kids, our crew had a game that drove our parents crazy. Every time we saw some cool bike/car/truck/ boat etc, we would yell out "Take It!" and stash it in our imaginary 10-car garage. First one to yell out was the winner.

Take it!!!!

Moto Guzzi V100 with bags

Thanks for the flash back to a similar game day.

(Just announced the V100 Mandello S is about $18,000 USD)

Oh, this Guzzi is friggin' beautiful, I think.  I have a '16 Eldorado in my garage, next to my '16 RT, and it is a head-turner, as well.  The new V100 looks good with or without the luggage, too!

4 minutes ago, Rob Nowell said:

Limited, is in my sights.  But, gawd, they're pricey!

They sure is! :eek: 

Make sure she goes on a test ride with you, it’s an extremely different sensation compared with the 2 wheeled RT. 

Just got this note from a friend in Eastern Oklahoma.

"Taking my first longish ride on my new Spyder. The good: I never fell over ;-)
The bad: it’s not nearly as fun to ride my favorite Arkansas roads as it was on two wheels :-(
The ugly: even though it has power steering it’s more of a workout riding twisties than it is on two wheels.
Hopefully I’ll get more used to it eventually.
Hope y’all are having good weather and good riding!"

About 3 weeks ago I followed a couple in some moderately challenging curves.  He on a two wheeler in the front.  She on on a Can Am.  Looked like he was having a good time.  She was working her arse off trying to keep up.  For me that says unless or until I'm ready to just sit back and enjoy the scenery in the twisties, this is not the bike for me.

• Like 3

I’m gonna agree, they are not for everybody and I said this before, if you’ve never spent time on an ATV or snowmobile it’s going to feel extremely strange. I accept the strange for the relaxing feeling I get just taking in the surroundings. But also, and again different, you can rip them around turns if you want! :revit:

• Plus 1 1
13 hours ago, Hosstage said:

I like this right now.

Harley Low Rider ST El Diablo.

eQGYJPT.thumb.png.0ff3aebb22dec171353bf44867c32fa3.png

I appreciate that this motorcycle speaks to some people, but I just don't get it.

In this day/age there are more than a few motorcycles that cost north of $28k, but all the other ones (even other HDs) deliver a lot more comfort/tech/capability/features/creature-comforts/etc. to justify the price.  If there's an opposite award for bang-for-the-buck the El Diablo (fighting chicken) wins it hands down.

It kind of looks like a light-tourer, but the high-knee riding position just doesn't make sense.  It's an uncomfortable riding position, but not for functional/sport/capability reasons...it's uncomfortable for style???

This is a bike night motorcycle...not a rider's motorcycle.

49 minutes ago, Rob Nowell said:

so much sacrilege on this forum!  HDs?  :16:  I thought that was taboo

Mr. @Whip to the muddy courtesy phone please. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

Someone had to teach BMW how to do it!

Not such a big deal with the boxer motor but, the no valve checks on the Pan America almost got me. :)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Not such a big deal with the boxer motor but, the no valve checks on the Pan America almost got me. :)

The water boxer barely needs valve checks.  

Go read the Pan Am forum...that motorcycle has some significant early issues that might scare you away.

• Like 1
On 9/15/2022 at 8:22 PM, TEWKS said:

Every now and then I'll put a pressure gauge on the tire valve:dontknow:   

• Like 1

I'm looking to find my dad's old 1967 Ford F100.  This isn't it, but it looks almost just like it.  I actually hunted down the guy my dad sold it to in the late 80's.  But he sold it in the early 2000's.  So still on the hunt to find his old truck and restore it.

47884145213db51ed2a078def082f910.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Get your Mustang before it becomes a Camaro. :classic_ohmy:

If I remember right, I think Ford said this will be the last gas powered Mustang design.  :cry:

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, BrianT said:

If I remember right, I think Ford said this will be the last gas powered Mustang design.  :cry:

I wasn’t around for the 50’s prediction of “flying cars” for everyone. I don’t have mine yet. :dontknow: I’m skeptical about the all electric everything in the future. Especially as reality sets in about where to get all the materials needed to make this change.

• Plus 1 2
2 hours ago, RandyShields said:

See the source image

George Jetson was born this past July (estimated month day,but should be exact year),......so, should be 30-40 years and those flying cars and cities in the clouds will be here

• Like 3

Believe this was posted before, maybe, we’re closer than I originally thought. :dontknow: It looks like this machine is all or nothing though. Any mechanical failure and you’re a tree ornament. :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 4

Got me a little extra tickle this week seeing this new color. Strange, because I’ve never been a Matte kind of guy. :dontknow:  :spittake:

image.thumb.jpeg.ae851cba1996070dd3fd2b87d23159f3.jpeg

So it looks a little lighter in actual video but still nice. Have not confirmed if this color is coming to the US yet. Sorry bout the jingle. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Posted this elsewhere and then I remembered Tewks' thread......

image.thumb.png.73aafbfcd31cedb1eccb9f7702be0ebb.png

Since I've been lusting after one since the intro in 2016, this may have to happen......

• Like 2
5 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Posted this elsewhere and then I remembered Tewks' thread......

Since I've been lusting after one since the intro in 2016, this may have to happen......

Funny, I was just looking at for sale listings for this bike two days ago.  I've been playing with the idea of this as stable mate to the GS for local riding.  This bike really does speak to me.

2 minutes ago, BrianT said:

playing with the idea

As have I. They are simply beautiful.... stunning in person. Now that KTM is invested in them I see a vast improvement in parts&service availability (supply chain management) that has been lacking.

Working with a dealer now to see if I can make it happen.:read:

• Like 1
On 11/9/2022 at 2:23 PM, Ponch said:

I've been thinking of this of late. I need something smaller and lighter. 

Smith-Wesson-MP-Shield-45-Performance-Ce

This is my tiny micro-9

https://bmwstcom.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2019_07/1203315489_KimberMicro9ESV.JPG.aa09e25f83a133fa0154310491331db4.JPG

• Like 1