IGNORED

Let’s play “I like this right now”

TEWKS

I think they should go with the red across all models of the R18. The neutral stuff sucks. It's like their designers are colorblind on certain models. 50 shades of gray or silver. The RWB is ok though. I like the bumble bee too, but how about some real color. 

16 hours ago, Rougarou said:

This is my tiny micro-9

https://bmwstcom.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2019_07/1203315489_KimberMicro9ESV.JPG.aa09e25f83a133fa0154310491331db4.JPG

I like the 45ACP. I have a commander, but it's heavy at 40oz. The M&P subcompact performance center is around 21oz and it's smaller. 

Lone_RT_rider
On 9/21/2022 at 8:38 PM, TEWKS said:

Best color so far. :cool: 

image.thumb.jpeg.9191eed3bc9dde77fc1705f5f4d04914.jpeg

Pat, either that bike or the older 1200 version have been on my short list for a very long time. All I need is garage space unfortunately. 

• Like 1

I had a silver ZRX I bought used. It unfortunately had a scuffed fairing and a small dent in the tank that I thought I could live with. Hey, I tried but, sold it. :dopeslap: :classic_biggrin: It was a fun Bike! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

So, I did say it didn’t have to be a motorcycle. :classic_biggrin: How’s about a 700 HP pickup truck? Anyone like this Azure Grey Metallic color for 23? :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.fcef133e67ebac0cd8ab9b46e634a513.jpeg

• Like 2

They are going for crazy prices. The TRX is a bargain in comparison.  The interesting thing is that these things sell out, yet people’s debt increases every year and more and more live paycheck to paycheck. That said, I’m sure the cord is a great truck, but even if I had the money I’d have to question my sanity if I bought one. The 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Nice looking GS alternative for sure! :thumbsup: How’s the maintenance on those bikes and does Brad do Italian?  :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

I just left a message, I don’t need this but, I will talk about it later if…

image.thumb.jpeg.82af200d646792b7de63c661feda6a07.jpeg

Pat… I had a 1979 R100RT. I bought it with ~1000 miles and sold it with ~ 20,000. It was darn reliable.  Here are things I remember and a couple to beware of. 

The brakes are crap. Drums in the back. There is a cross over fuel line that feeds both carbs and runs through the frame. Had to replace it at 10k. Carb floats had to be replaced with new plastic ones. That about a five minute job. Red stuff in tank began to break up and get in fuel filters. Had tank recoated. Turn signal relay went out.  One pushrod tube was leaking oil and I replaced it. It took a couple of hours of easy wrenching.  All of those items together were minor and o doubt I spent $1000 in total repairs. If you buy it and the speedo or trip meter go wonky let me know. There is a cure that’s easy

One very critical engine death sentence is the oil filter and proper installation. There are two types that fit, but only one that works; and it’s possible to put it in wrong and will starve your engine of oil

I rode it some after I got my 1150RT. It felt like a much smaller bike and fun to ride. Simple bike, no technology, and fun

• Thanks 1

It’s been sitting in his garage for ten years the ad says, not running. 68 thousand miles which might be a bit too many for me to accept it into the pack. :classic_biggrin: What got me is the “60th anniversary” labeling. I guess only 300 were marked that way. :cool:

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

How’s the maintenance on those bikes

Quite simple really, big strides forward from Ducati. 

The V4 uses cam chains, not belts and also not desmodromic valve train. That's the big step.  Basic service at 9k miles and valve clearance at 37,000 miles! 

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

Pat…Just keep in mine this is a simple bike. Conventional brakes so bleeding and flushing is simple and a 30 minute job. Cylinders are nikasil if I remember right so they basically don’t wear. Conventional shocks up front with springs and fluid. Manually adjustable preload and dampening etc. not trying to talk you into but just a reminder 1/10 as complicated as current bikes. 

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So I was very close to picking up a drone the other day but doing a little more research, has me slowing down that thought. I understand some rules need to be in place but it seems like they’re regulating the fun right out of the hobby.

1, I live in a Geo Restricted Zone

2, They now want your cell phone linked to the drone to track the user.

3, Line of sight flight is now required.

Not that these are all deal breakers, but future regulations might make it so. :dontknow:

On my drone, I wrote my N-number.  You know, in case it gets lost.  :dontknow:   I went through most of the rigamarole getting it set-up.  I think I still have a Safety Video to watch, which is offered online by some regulatory agency (FAA?)  So far, no issue, but it is GPS tracked and can be traced back to me.  I have linked to a smart phone, which is no longer in use.  No sim card, but a lot of data remains on it when I use it with wifi.  I have never flown it anywhere but at my house.   I wonder if it will work without cellular reception or wifi for that matter.  I will find out one day, if I ever get around to it.

I have had it above the warning limit over my house (400', if I recall.)  I gets some buzzing.  I do not reside in a flight restiction zone, but G/A aircraft fly over head to nearby LZU, which is 14 miles as the car drives; I have no idea how far that is as the crow flies 'cause googles did not offer that information.  Sup wit dat?  It did start buzzing when a plane flew over close to the house, but it was not that low flying and not directly over;  the drone was not that high up when that occurred.

I have not really taken it out past my yard boundries.  Still nervous about other people seeing it and getting "concerened," if you know what I mean and I think you do!    I doubt it will get taken out by the immediate neighbors, but further away may be a cause for alarm.  Who knows?

• Thanks 1
John Ranalletta

Anyone using "follow me" function w/ motorcycle?  Watch a few vids where creators use it like Itchyboots.  Seems like it would take time to set up, break down, etc.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Line of sight has always been the rule.

So has the speed limit and see how folks on here follow that;)

• Smile 1
2 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Complete with authentic oil spot under it!

Without that designed into the build, it’d just be another one of these. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

image.jpeg.849fa04a18ea0d57dcc3258e6da7e4bf.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
John Ranalletta
On 2/19/2023 at 11:32 AM, John Ranalletta said:

Anyone using "follow me" function w/ motorcycle?  Watch a few vids where creators use it like Itchyboots.  Seems like it would take time to set up, break down, etc.

She hasn't posted in a week.  Hope she's not run into trouble in Africa and it's just lack of internet access.

1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

She hasn't posted in a week.  Hope she's not run into trouble in Africa and it's just lack of internet access.

Her last video explains the challenges in producing and posting content in Africa. Seems like she said it would be at least two weeks before she would add any content on YouTube. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

At the end of her last video she said she would be taking a break.  Poster on another forum that follows her blog and website says she will have new video tomorrow, beginning a two per week schedule, Wednesdays and Sundays.   Three a week just takes too much time. A rule of thumb for YouTube videos is one hour of editing for one minute of video.

Traveling in that part of Africa is also a bit harder than her previous trips.  Getting parts is an issue with fewer shipping options. She relies on others for much of the service for a bike that is newer and bigger than is common in that area, so finding a mechanic is a problem. And she is also dealing with very limited internet access in Africa.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

I kind of like this, it's so ugly that it has appeal. Weird.

IMG_20220911_122351608_HDR.thumb.jpg.aac3f858d5caaf500511ed71fb5023a7.jpg

I wonder how they ever figured out that bright orange would actually work with olive green????  :5146:I know! :4323:

52 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I wonder how they ever figured out that bright orange would actually work with olive green????  :5146:I know! :4323:

Does it?

A friend of mine is thinking about selling this. Thinking is the critical word. Anyway if he does, I’m gonna grab it. 2006. 9,200 miles and he says if he does he’ll give it to me for $1,200. It would make a great local rider for me. And no, the oil stains on the cement are not from it.

89B6B016-4EC1-4827-8204-1ECEA2C58257.jpeg

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

A friend of mine is thinking about selling this. Thinking is the critical word. Anyway if he does, I’m gonna grab it. 2006. 9,200 miles and he says if he does he’ll give it to me for $1,200. It would make a great local rider for me. And no, the oil stains on the cement are not from it.

89B6B016-4EC1-4827-8204-1ECEA2C58257.jpeg

I've seen a couple of those transplanted into the Tube Frame Buell chassis. It is a bolt in and makes a real nice light weight single. Plenty of thrashed toobers out there.......:5146:

Decent reliable little thumpers to run around on. That one has a good price, dang near throw away money.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a motorcycle, but pretty nice. Boat guys are even more weird than motorcycle guys. Local show with some beautiful boats that showed up.

IMG_20230624_112021063.thumb.jpg.d09c5801cca78f243cb8d8d07752b5c7.jpgIMG_20230624_112529709_HDR.thumb.jpg.3e7dca7c62267abc488fee164f9ce387.jpgIMG_20230624_112029034.thumb.jpg.8ac482191b570b3a7de7718c988201d7.jpg

• Like 5
  • 6 months later...

Call me weird but isn’t “Panigale” just a fun word to say… :classic_biggrin:

Hey so far, I’m at 100% with this post working out. Drone check, pickup check! :thumbsup:

:dontknow:

IMG_4552.jpeg.8259fef5b787d14773cc0f72e406e963.jpeg

EDIT

I just went back and looked at my posts, I guess I’m not at 100%. I probably could be considered a little greedy.  :spittake:

• Smile 1