IGNORED

Fatty BMW Riders Anonymous .....

Scott9999

John Ranalletta

Gravity sucks and it gets worse with age.  Don't go gently into the night. I want to be the strongest guy in the nursing home.:27:

image.png.e90c7c08f7206edf8bdf07deefc6a70b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/7/2022 at 4:22 PM, Rougarou said:

When I did got to the gym and have to wait on one of the "meatheads",....while they do their "I'ma lift this heavy thing pre-lift ceremony, physch thing",.....I'd ask them "do you want me to go get one of the girls to help you,.....cause it looks mighty heavy and you might not be able to do it",.....hopefully speeding them up.  Get in, lift it, get out and quit looking in the mirror you vain fawq

I was on the treadmill thing yesterday watching some young guy line up to dead lift a hundred kg or so. Lots of walking to and fro, stopping, looking at the weight, then lined up to lift, careful shuffling feet for a few minutes, sliding hands back and forth along the bar, stepped back, puffed and panted, lined up again...... and lifted the bar twice and puffed and panted a bit more, shaking arms around, stretching back and forth...........

I have to confess, 40 years ago I used to do the same ridiculous ceremony myself. :4607:

On 1/18/2022 at 11:58 AM, TEWKS said:

That’s a pretty cool looking SR! :thumbsup: Good on the gym (not going to happen all at once) and good on your daughter. Seems like you’re winning! ;) 

Thanks. I owned it for over 20 years and did several full on rebuilds. The last one involved stretching the neck 3",  the swing arm 3", transplanting Honda 250 forks, a different fuel tank, lots of mods to the seat frame rails etc. I was gutted to sell it, but divorce is a bitch. :(

• Like 1
18 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Gravity sucks and it gets worse with age.  Don't go gently into the night. I want to be the strongest guy in the nursing home.:27:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, King Herald said:

I was on the treadmill thing yesterday watching some young guy line up to dead lift a hundred kg or so. Lots of walking to and fro, stopping, looking at the weight, then lined up to lift, careful shuffling feet for a few minutes, sliding hands back and forth along the bar, stepped back, puffed and panted, lined up again...... and lifted the bar twice and puffed and panted a bit more, shaking arms around, stretching back and forth...........

I have to confess, 40 years ago I used to do the same ridiculous ceremony myself. :4607:

Ugh, but funny.  A person knows what they can lift, no need to do a weight dance.........after he lifted, did he look around to see if anyone notice him?  Prolly so.

Funny fat stuff. Tuesday night I was at the gym and went through the 30 minute routine Kelly had for us, nothing tougher than usual.

At the end it’s always abdominals for a few minutes. I got the strangest, most painful abdominal muscle cramp ever. (they are buried deep but, they’re there) :classic_biggrin:

Anyway, (guy thing) I didn’t want to make a scene but I couldn’t get off the floor. Laying there knowing eyes are beginning to roll my way because of the unusual time on the ground I forced myself up just as the cramp released its grip. 

As I made my way to the door it tightened up again but got out before being noticed I think. I’ll find out tonight. :classic_biggrin:

16 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Funny fat stuff. Tuesday night I was at the gym and went through the 30 minute routine Kelly had for us, nothing tougher than usual.

At the end it’s always abdominals for a few minutes. I got the strangest, most painful abdominal muscle cramp ever. (they are buried deep but, they’re there) :classic_biggrin:

Anyway, (guy thing) I didn’t want to make a scene but I couldn’t get off the floor. Laying there knowing eyes are beginning to roll my way because of the unusual time on the ground I forced myself up just as the cramp released its grip. 

As I made my way to the door it tightened up again but got out before being noticed I think. I’ll find out tonight. :classic_biggrin:

Bubblegut happens

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

they are buried deep but, they’re there) :classic_biggrin:

We call that evidence that you do have a six pack........ in a soft sided cooler :rofl:

DAMHIK...:whistle:

• Haha 3

I have to tell you guys a story about TEWKS. At the Salida Unrally there were a bunch of us standing in the parking lot trying to decide the best way to get a VStrom 650 into the back of a Tundra 4x4 pickup. There was just a narrow ramp but it was almost at a 45* angle. Pat goes, I got it, I'm thinking really?  He pushed it up the ramp solo, maybe someone held it while he jumped in the bed but I'm not even sure about that. Everyone was thinking, damn how did he do that? The moral is don't let him fool you, he's stronger than he looks : ) 

• Haha 1

Whew! :facepalm: I thought it was going to be…man you should of seen the size of his dinner plate at the chuck wagon! :classic_biggrin:

Thanks for the compliment Bill. 

• Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Whew! :facepalm: I thought it was going to be…man you should of seen the size of his dinner plate at the chuck wagon! :classic_biggrin:

Maybe he let you off the hook, but I saw the breakfast plate you loaded up and devoured before you headed back to New England from NC last year.  I guess you just didn't' want to worry about stopping to eat for another day or two.  :)

• Haha 1
John Ranalletta

Been following Mark (Rip) Rippetoe for a few years.  Started training pre COVID and fell off the wagon.  First few minutes 'til he answers the first technical lift question is good stuff.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:04 AM, John Ranalletta said:

I wish I could. I used to, they I've had a few spine fusions, so I skip it. 

On 1/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, roadscholar said:

I have to tell you guys a story about TEWKS. At the Salida Unrally there were a bunch of us standing in the parking lot trying to decide the best way to get a VStrom 650 into the back of a Tundra 4x4 pickup. There was just a narrow ramp but it was almost at a 45* angle. Pat goes, I got it, I'm thinking really?  He pushed it up the ramp solo, maybe someone held it while he jumped in the bed but I'm not even sure about that. Everyone was thinking, damn how did he do that? The moral is don't let him fool you, he's stronger than he looks : ) 

And Bill thought I knew how to load a bike! :classic_biggrin:

12 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

And Bill thought I knew how to load a bike! :classic_biggrin:

He's not far from where I'm originally from,.....Coonass ya.

• Like 1

Our nifty little gym at work647CFEE9-49D0-4173-9E27-3307B7C47D25.thumb.jpeg.a682e35b420f800e009bba1ac9afbfd6.jpeg

B06CB946-076A-4917-9F56-9C1672539CD3.jpeg

All of the equipment is personally owned by employees or former employees that just left it here.  One guy left six 45lb plates, olympic bar, two big 25lb plates and the small bench in the distance,.....he said I can have them, so I just left them where they'd get the best use......as my baby torture room at home doesn't have the space.

I generally sneak away and do 30 minutes of picking things up and putting things down.  The room, way before my time here, was a fairly stocked gym with aerobics classes, but as the company shrank, so did the stuff.  I only know of two other people that use this room, so, I have no waiting and we keep it fairly neat. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I've found the best home exercise equipment is the original Nordic Track. It holds the most clothes.

C'mon man, I'm on my second NordicTrack Commercial 1750 treadmill.  I don't remember the mileage I put on the last one before some buttons quit working but the current one, I bought used with 12 miles on it and it's over 400 now (had it a couple of years), but it also gets shared with my road bike (on a trainer) and the painful Bowflex Max Trainer (ugh, painful and breathless).  The only cloth hanging on these are the towels that I use.  I also have the Bowflex 10-90 adjustable dumbbells.

The treadmill doesn't hold nearly as many clothes as the ski Nordic track, not enough handles and hooks to drape them, that makes the treadmill much less useful in my household.

Doesn't hold a candle to the pool table though, can damn near stack a closet full of clothes on that thing.

• Haha 1

Feeling a little overweight, a bit out of shape? PorkChop and Mashed Potatoes  will take care of any self loathing you may be feeling. Let’s face it, dieting sucks, so, just pick the right friends. :dontknow:  :spittake: 

PS. Some of Mark Mack’s vids are funny, but, they are so on the edge of being just wrong. :facepalm:  :classic_biggrin:

On 1/27/2022 at 9:49 AM, Rougarou said:

Our nifty little gym at work

All of the equipment is personally owned by employees or former employees that just left it here.  One guy left six 45lb plates, olympic bar, two big 25lb plates and the small bench in the distance,.....he said I can have them, so I just left them where they'd get the best use......as my baby torture room at home doesn't have the space.

I generally sneak away and do 30 minutes of picking things up and putting things down.  The room, way before my time here, was a fairly stocked gym with aerobics classes, but as the company shrank, so did the stuff.  I only know of two other people that use this room, so, I have no waiting and we keep it fairly neat. 

Back in the 1990's, with I was still doing my military reserve PT tests with the same times as an 18 year old when I was in my late 30's, I was really, REALLY busy.  Between military "drills" two-plus weekends a month, flying all over the US as a consultant (and for the Navy, too), and when I wasn't in the air, I was commuting 1 hr plus each way to local client sites, plus working 10 to 12 hour days.  And, that was before the kids reached junior high, when my time really started being sucked up by life.   But I digress ...

I had a client in an Orange County (CA) high rise, which I found out on day one, had a YMCA gym, including an Olympic sized swimming pool on the bottom floor.   Swimming was one of my Navy PT requirements, so it was the perfect situation.  Almost no one used the gym, and I never saw anyone in the pool.   I had always used the excuse that "I can never make it to the gym with my schedule, 'cause traveling to it adds an hour to my daily commute."  Well, I almost had to trip over THIS gym on my way up and down the elevator to the office.   It was free for employee use, to boot!

So, ya know what happened, right?   I swam every morning and hit the weights every evening, and was in cutting edge shape for the next PT test.  I FINALLY had a pool and gym right at work, no more excuses!

Umm, ... not quite.  Didn't work out that way.   I was working about 14 hours a day on the client project, plus commute, etc. == 18+ hour days)  Too tired before and after work.  I hit that gym maybe 4-5 times in the year I was working there.

Moral of the story: No excuse is too great or small, if someone is determined to avoid exercise.  

(Update:  I've probably lost a couple of pounds, but only because my wife finally got COViD after dodging that bullet for 2 years.  Then, of course, 3 days later, I GOT IT TOO (probably, didn't test again, but I had all her symptoms).  She was better within a week, and three weeks later, I'm still dealing with it.  That's January's excuse, and I'm sticking to it.   February should be better.  Hopefully. Maybe. 🙄 Extremely ...ah....um... likely!)

4 minutes ago, Red said:

vH0FHNoanULbWuNI.jpg.8cc7e752b45391d7678deac16fa2d9f6.jpg

Cannes, France, 1987.

Get ashore for liberty, and right off of fleet landing was a pastry kiosk,....so, I buy one and we start walking the beach,....finish the pastry and what is right there, another pastry kiosk, so I buy one, and we continue walking the beach,.....finish the pastry and what is right there, another pastry kiosk, so I buy one,.........get the picture?  Whoever designed the beach layout in Cannes set the pastry shops along the beach at the right walking distance.........ya, that was back when the metabolism was working great, body fat was 'bout 6-8%, PT was a daily/near daily occurrence, life was grand......now, I avoid the fat pills to the best of my abilities,....but I am weak sometimes.

• Like 1

Wow, they sell crack pastries in France! :yes: :classic_biggrin: 
What I’d really like to know is how many minutes of cardio does it take to neutralize five Oreos and a glass of milk. :dontknow:

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Wow, they sell crack pastries in France! :yes: :classic_biggrin: 
What I’d really like to know is how many minutes of cardio does it take to neutralize five Oreos and a glass of milk. :dontknow:

2 and 1/2 years.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1