IGNORED

All Things E

ESokoloff

You guys need to watch the YouTube channel MarcTravels. It is a guy from Germany riding his Zero around the world, so far he has made it to Pakistan. Charging for him has been a challenge since entering Iran and more so in Pakistan.

14 hours ago, Oldrider51 said:

Charging for him has been a challenge

Where there’s a will, there’s a way. 
No will, no way.  

7 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Where there’s a will, there’s a way. 
No will, no way.  

So some years ago, a buddy was taking his wife camping, primitive camping.  She packed her hair dryer,.....straight up city girl.  Buddy says, "whatcha gonna plug that into, a tree?",.....point being, if they ain't no 'lectricity near when you go dead,.....you ain't charging no matter what the will is, at that point, you are subject to local "assistance" to get you ded battry to a charging spot.  If you haven't watched the Harley infomercial, Long Way Up, you know that in desolate areas, charging is problematic and I'd bet bottom dollar that in the 'Stans,....it's a bigger problem. 

Of course, he coulda just packed one of these from the trouble free Harbor Freight and been done with it:18::

image.png.244f8679cfb39e550abcbe6163a9d116.png

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
53 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

point being, if they ain't no 'lectricity near when you go dead,.....you ain't charging no matter what the will is, at that point, you are subject to local "assistance" to get you ded battry to a charging spot.

From what (little) I’ve seen on his YouTube channel, he’s well aware of this & has persevered in spite of the challenges.  

No will, no way (something your well aware of). 

• 2 weeks later...

Kawasaki says, bring the charger with you. ;) Not loving the sound it makes but it looks decent and I’d suspect a combined 80 MPG. (just a guess) :dontknow: 

ESokoloff
13 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Sounds like EV cars are doomed to be local use only??

Tesla is going to come out the big winner in the EV world. 

• Thinking 1
Dennis Andress
14 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Tesla is going to come out the big winner in the EV world. 

That depends....  The video about EV charging costs ^^  ends saying ".... propped up by government incentives and subsidies."  Which leaves me wondering, what is the real demand for EVs?

4 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

That depends....  The video about EV charging costs ^^  ends saying ".... propped up by government incentives and subsidies."  Which leaves me wondering, what is the real demand for EVs?

:90::4296:

• Smile 1
4 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

EV production has been scaled back by a few manufacturers, EV prices have been lowered by a few as well. Demand seems to be tapering, or maybe every body that wanted one now has (or had) one. Small market that's been satiated.

• Like 2
John Ranalletta
34 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

EV production has been scaled back by a few manufacturers, EV prices have been lowered by a few as well. Demand seems to be tapering, or maybe every body that wanted one now has (or had) one. Small market that's been satiated.

Warm weather cars.  This won't help.  Ford's scaling back product and construction of battery plant; has huge inventory of unsaleable battery-powered cars.  Other mfgrs altering EV plans.

This won't help either:  

Now their image could take another hit as rental giant Hertz dumps 20,000 of them, including Teslas, for gas-powered cars. Hertz, the largest U.S. fleet operator of EVs, has blamed the sale on high repair costs and weak demand for the vehicles it offers on rent.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...