IGNORED

2021 UnRally! Hopefully *** UPDATE ***

graydude

2 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Are you thinking about Jalama Beach on the way up or as a  ride from Cambria?

Way up or back.  Or maybe before.  Its a nice day ride for lunch from home.

11 hours ago, Deadboy said:

Linn's was middle of the road? Man that right there is some crazy talk ....

Could’ve been a case of olallieberry overload…bread with olalliebery jam, olallieberry lemonade, and olallieberry glazed ribs.

A whole lotta olallieberry. The couple we met who had high praise for Linn’s recommended………..the olallieberry burger. 😂

15 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Yeah. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around crossing Nevada in late July. 

Leave home in the wee hours. You can be in Pasadena by mid morning, no sweat. (see what I did there?)

BrianT     Hwy 1 north outta  Ventura might be the cooler way to get there……..I’m heading up there on Tuesday……..

Don J

I am going to have to bow out of this one.  Looking like a bridge too far.  If anyone needs a room, let me know before I cancel my two queen bed room.

Dennis Andress
23 hours ago, scout6 said:

I am going to have to bow out of this one.  Looking like a bridge too far.  If anyone needs a room, let me know before I cancel my two queen bed room.

I'll take that room if it is still available.

captainmarko

So since I'm the new guy, somebody fill me in on this. Worth the trip? Looks like I'm a little late to the party so a hotel seems to be out. And the state of Kalifornia will not welcome me to a campsite until sometime next year. 

2 hours ago, captainmarko said:

So since I'm the new guy, somebody fill me in on this. Worth the trip? Looks like I'm a little late to the party so a hotel seems to be out. And the state of Kalifornia will not welcome me to a campsite until sometime next year. 

New guy?  Your info says 2014!  Where ya been?

captainmarko
10 hours ago, graydude said:

New guy?  Your info says 2014!  Where ya been?

I'm not really sure. I guess I must've registered when I bought the bike and then forgot about it. I did a search the other night because the forums I usually haunt are getting old and this place came up. When I went to register, I found that I was already a member. Go figure. 

On 7/5/2021 at 4:13 PM, Dennis Andress said:

I'll take that room if it is still available.

Gave it up yesterday afternoon.  Not sure if it is still available.

Looks like I will be joining the group for my first UN Ralleye. Got a room today. See you all on Tues. Where  do I send the money for the Pizza Party?  P.S.  Registration And Pizza Just Paid.

Edited by don v
added info
  • Like 1
Dennis Andress

I got a room at the Cambria Pines Lodge (thanks Carl). Paid the admittance.  Looks like I am in. Arriving Tuesday the 27th. @BrianT I could do lunch at Jalma Beach on the way up if that works for you.

Well, mostly in... The K Bike has a flaky rear master cylinder. Parts won't get here in time. Which leaves the XR. I don't like it on the freeway, it's buzzy , and it has a leaky fork seal.  But I've got parts for that (2ea fork seal kits at $98 each :money:).  So I've got work to do.

decisions.jpg

• Sad 1

Littlefish and Bigfish need to scoot home on Wednesday the 28th to be back at work on Thursday and Friday. Not quite ready to retire and have more free time... soon enough though.

I plan on cancelling my Wednesday Night Fireplace Room for that Wednesday so if anyone is on a waiting list... let me know and I will drop your name when I call to cancel.

Also up for grabs is the Pizza Dinner for 2. I already paid and looks like no refund so hoping to pass on a free meal to someone who didn't  get in on this.

Looking forward to my first Un albeit a short one.

-Dennis

On 7/14/2021 at 8:57 AM, Dennis Andress said:

... and it has a leaky fork seal.

I think I've been jinxed. Today I noticed I have a leaky fork seal too.

Why do you suppose this kinda thing only happens 1 week before a trip? :4331:

Dennis Andress
5 hours ago, Groanup said:

I think I've been jinxed. Today I noticed I have a leaky fork seal too.

Why do you suppose this kinda thing only happens 1 week before a trip? :4331:

The only good think I've to say for USD forks is that oil from a drippy seal goes down instead of up. I added a set of these, to keep the next time away..

Kreiga Fork Seal Covers

Kriega Fork Seal Covers

On 1/18/2021 at 12:32 PM, graydude said:

It is with guarded opportunism that we announce the 2021 UnRally in Cambria, California!  This event was rescheduled from 2020 and everything remains pretty much the same as far as costs.  The rally will start on Tuesday, July 27th and end with the Pizza Dinner on July 29th.  You may come Monday, July on 26th to take advantage of our  discounted rates.

I have no idea what the future will hold as far as our lives with COVID 19 in July.  California is currently operating on a mandatory Stay at Home Order.   I say roll the dice and hope for the best.   You can make a reservation with the lodge and cancel within 72 hours of your stay.  That's all I know.  Check out the updated webpage here for more details.  I really hope to see everyone!

https://bmw-un-rally.myshopify.com/

After 18 consecutive years of UN attendance we have to bow out of this one.  The room was booked and the bike packed but as of today we can't get across the border.  :27:

Our room (standard, 2 queen beds) has been cancelled. Cancellation# 160826.  Room available!!

Have a good UN folks.:18:

Lester V

Grand Forks B.C. 

• Sad 2