IGNORED

NorCal meets SoCal in the Middle 2016 April 22-23

CoarsegoldKid

Joe, you talking about the guy last year on the GS rental?

Haha, last year he tried keeping up with the usual suspects on the Friday ride up but after a close call or two he thought better of it and fell back to my speed.

Rain. cows, mud and scaring the crap outta ones self......

"You old dudes are nuts! How do I explain this to my Harley buddies, they won't believe any of this!!!"

The guy did have a good time! :rofl:

Don J :wave:

I think that's him in the pano pic above, 5th from the right. Thanks Dennis.

Yep, that's the guy. Hard to believe he went with a Harley after that BMW experience. His enthusiasm was great. I do remember his conflict between what bike to buy and how he was pretty certain the Harley would reap him more ladies.

The more chicks won.Go figure. He said Harley would get more, I said the gs might get more frisky. Oh well what do I know.

Chicks dig bikes with radiators. Just say'in

If they leak you can have problems... just say'in.

Hi Todd.

East%20Coast%20amp%20Motorcycle%20Trip%202009%20065_zpshsmq7mpd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Jeezz Joe, I'ma backin out of here and gonna put my room back on the open market. After the UN at Red Lodge , Gary and I are running for Alaska and I have come to realize my vacation days are going to eat up that adventure. I am going to miss seeing all the people.

Yep, that's the guy. Hard to believe he went with a Harley after that BMW experience. His enthusiasm was great. I do remember his conflict between what bike to buy and how he was pretty certain the Harley would reap him more ladies.

Haha, we must have done something right last year, 'cause a little bird told me "The Kid" is hankering to do a repeat performance this year. Stay tuned...

I'm thinking of coming up from San Diego. It looks like the dates are 4/22-4/23. Is that to say that most arrive in the afternoon of the 22nd, ride the area on the 23rd, and leave on the 24th?

I'm thinking of coming up from San Diego. It looks like the dates are 4/22-4/23. Is that to say that most arrive in the afternoon of the 22nd, ride the area on the 23rd, and leave on the 24th?

That is correct.

There will also be a Friday ride up to Oakhurst from the Tehachapi area that you may want in on.

Details will be posted in a separate thread, so keep your eyes peeled!

That is correct.

There will also be a Friday ride up to Oakhurst from the Tehachapi area that you may want in on.

Details will be posted in a separate thread, so keep your eyes peeled!

Thanks for the info. I'll stay tuned.

Bill_Walker

Not clear if I'm going to be going this year, but I'll second Groanup's recommendation for joining the Lancaster to Oakhurst ride, assuming it goes forward as usual. I generally ride up the day before (catching part of Angeles Crest) and stay in Lancaster, then meet up with the ride at the Lancaster Starbucks.

Where in San Diego are you? I'm in the San Elijo Hills area of San Marcos.

We are virtually neighbors. I am off 78 & Melrose.

Bill_Walker

We are virtually neighbors. I am off 78 & Melrose.

You, me, and Bigfish are all starting within a couple miles of each other. If I end up going, we ought see if we can coordinate.

You, me, and Bigfish are all starting within a couple miles of each other. If I end up going, we ought see if we can coordinate.

Sounds good to me! Keep me updated, please.

CoarsegoldKid

If you can't have a good time on this ride or the event weekend you can't have a good time anywhere. It's that good. Money back guarantee. Todd told me so.

Bill_Walker
If I end up going, we ought see if we can coordinate.

What do you mean "IF"?

My daughter is trying to involve me in some other plans for that weekend that involve a lot of good food and attending a Jimmy Buffett concert. As great as NmS is, having done it three times now, I'd have to go for the one-off concert trip, if it goes forward.

Joe, will Franz be leading a ride Saturday?

I'd bet the farm against it.

Well what about Bob??? Tell him there may be some remuneration in it for him. :)

CoarsegoldKid

John, Bob had a serious accident unrelated to motorcycle riding. He's still in recovery mode. I'll tell him you were hoping. I'm sure someone can step in to show you the hillside blossoms. In fact a little birdie told me someone was planning on it. You might even recognize the person from past events. He rides a BMW something or other. He hasn't done much riding over the past year as he too is in recovery mode. Juanita and I know him well. I'll pass the word.

Hey SPX, Even though Bill is out, my wife and I are still planning to go. Only a poor weather forecast would cause me to cancel. Keeping my fingers crossed. Wife rides pillion and we are heading up to Tehachapi on Thursday and staying at the Holiday Inn Express directly across from the 9-9:30 am meeting point at the Texaco Gas Station. If you are not a fan of twisty roads, do not go on this ride. Somehow this interestingly fun group turns a 3 hour ride into 8 hours plus if my memory recalls. It is literally a full day of twisties with an occasional straight road through some oil fields. Hope the weather cooperates cuz I wanna do this ride again. Let me know if your interested in riding up to Tahachapi on Thursday.

Hey SPX, Even though Bill is out, my wife and I are still planning to go. Only a poor weather forecast would cause me to cancel. Keeping my fingers crossed. Wife rides pillion and we are heading up to Tehachapi on Thursday and staying at the Holiday Inn Express directly across from the 9-9:30 am meeting point at the Texaco Gas Station. If you are not a fan of twisty roads, do not go on this ride. Somehow this interestingly fun group turns a 3 hour ride into 8 hours plus if my memory recalls. It is literally a full day of twisties with an occasional straight road through some oil fields. Hope the weather cooperates cuz I wanna do this ride again. Let me know if your interested in riding up to Tahachapi on Thursday.

I'm going to end up riding up Friday because I don't get home from New York until Thursday night.

John, Bob had a serious accident unrelated to motorcycle riding. He's still in recovery mode. I'll tell him you were hoping. I'm sure someone can step in to show you the hillside blossoms. In fact a little birdie told me someone was planning on it. You might even recognize the person from past events. He rides a BMW something or other. He hasn't done much riding over the past year as he too is in recovery mode. Juanita and I know him well. I'll pass the word.

Please give him our wishes for a speedy recovery.

Have they repaved charlton heston yet????

CoarsegoldKid

I'll let Bob know you said hi and wish him a speedy recovery.

Have they repaved charlton heston yet????

No John, that 2 mile stretch of Ben Hur is still used for artillery practice by the ranchers. Think of if as a place to test the compliance of your suspension.

How's the hip problems Joe? My calendar says I'm arriving Thursday, hope that doesn't get goofed up by either of those four letter words that start with W. When is the dual sport ride?

Russ

CoarsegoldKid

Dual sport on Friday.

Broken hip is good to ride. The other leg is preventing me as I type. But we still have time. Fingers are crossed. Wuck Fork.

Bill_Walker
If I end up going, we ought see if we can coordinate.

What do you mean "IF"?

My daughter is trying to involve me in some other plans for that weekend that involve a lot of good food and attending a Jimmy Buffett concert. As great as NmS is, having done it three times now, I'd have to go for the one-off concert trip, if it goes forward.

And it looks like my daughter's plans are NOT going forward, which means I'm IN for NmS! Gotta book a room.

At least this will be a close second Bill. Good food and okie music from a juke box.

Happy to hear you'll be there.

MB>

Bill_Walker
At least this will be a close second Bill. Good food and okie music from a juke box.

Happy to hear you'll be there.

MB>

Yep. I look forward to seeing you again! Room booked!

Joe, Looks like you are getting the rain out of the way just in time. At least the 14 day forecast at this point is showing a promising trend.

2n7qckm.png

[quote=Bill_Walker

And it looks like my daughter's plans are NOT going forward, which means I'm IN for NmS! Gotta book a room.

In that case, let's have Jimmy do a concert for us in Oakhurst!

Bill_Walker

In that case, let's have Jimmy do a concert for us in Oakhurst!

AFAIK, Jimmy's plans are still going forward, so I'm sad to say he won't be available to play for us in Oakhurst.

Looks like this years weather is going to be PERFECT. Hope this long range forecast does not change.

2dqj2w1.png

Right.....

Out!

Work. ( OT, job deadline, client accelerated schedule.)

Looking foreword 2 years when I can tell them F Off I'm retired and I'll ride all I want to.

In the meantime ( he says bent over) I'll have to work OT and Saturdays.

MB>

Unfortunately we (Simone and Jason) are out :mad:

Simone was really looking forward to this. Hopefully next year.

Hope everyone lucky enough to attend has a great time!

cheers

And my flights have changed such that I too am out... In a few weeks, I will use the GPS routes that I was sent to do the ride up described in another thread.

Not me.I'm going to try to keep two tires on asphalt. Nephew is 30 minutes out of shaver lake. Going on Saturday. NICE road .talked to him wed.evening said wheather pattern comming in. He's been working on a cabin a few years for some rich guy. Wants his uncle frank to see his work. Ok . anyone wants to join me of course is welcome. Said nice deli down the street for lunch

Regretfully, I am not able to make it this year. Family obligations.

Hope everyone has a great time!

John - was looking forward to saying our annual "Hi" to you. Next year maybe.

Archived