IGNORED

NorCal meets SoCal in the Middle 2016 April 22-23

CoarsegoldKid

CoarsegoldKid

Mark your calendar NorCal meets SoCal in the Middle 2016 April 22-23. Arrive days early or stay days later. More info to come as soon as I secure the room prices.

CoarsegoldKid
Joe, I want a "no-drizzle" guarantee. Us desert types melt when we come into contact with water (except cocktail ice).

Okay Sugar!

• 4 weeks later...
CoarsegoldKid

Cross your fingers for sunshine. Ladies and Gentlemen make your reservations NOW. The rates have been set at 64.99 at the Comfort Inn call 559-683-8282 and mention BMW club to get the rate. No other promotions will be accommodated. We will be sharing the motel with the Woodcarvers again this year. They got a head start on us so make your reservations. Event Friday April 22-23. You can get the rate for days prior or after the event. I will be staying at the motel on April 21 to lead a dual sport ride on Friday leaving the motel at 9am provided it doesn't rain. Don't delay. You can cancel 24 hours in advance. But you must book NOW. I know it sounds hokey but really reserve your room now. The bonus at the Comfort Inn is a REAL hot breakfast. I really can't overstate that if you want to stay at the Comfort Inn. The Best Western is directly across the street. Several riders stayed there in past years and found it to also be a quality motel. The Comfort Inn is also a quality motel.

I hope to see all past attendees and even more newbies.

I have it on good authority that they will let Todd book a room if he promises to keep the noise down and stop leaving PBR empties out in the parking lot.

MB>

I have it on good authority that they will let Todd book a room if he promises to keep the noise down and stop leaving PBR empties out in the parking lot.

MB>

Todd will arriving on his new bike.

orig.jpg

MB>

orig.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

KTM Doug has a reservation and is going to try to make this for the first time with a friend from this board that does not post much or watch it. The only street riding I have done in the last 10 years was my tuneup's for my two Bucket dirt bike trips to Colorado the last two years so this will be a first. Will probably head over 132 and then down 49. Hope El Nino does not mess this up.

I'm building a "Poor Man's" RT for a little future street riding. I will be taking it to the UN also this year and to Whip's gathering.

MB>

orig.jpg

Damn straight! Runs on PBR. Way cheaper than gas or EDDDDDDD's liquid of choice, Ensure.

room booked!

plan on joining the dual sport ride - Joe, will it be more of a 990 type ride or more for the 500 with mini-Erzberg type stuff?

Also - any volunteers to babysit a really sweet 3.5 year old so my wife can join me this time around? ;)

CoarsegoldKid

Jason I believe your 990 can handle it. I'm not riding on anything more difficult that what we have ridden on together. This year maybe we head northwest.

Littlefish and Bigfish are in. Reservations made at Comfort Inn. Planning on staying in Lancaster or Tehachapi on Thursday night in hopes to meet up with the "Usual Suspects." Their backroads ride up to Oakhurst is one you will never forget. If you're riding from Southern Cal, you don't want to miss this ride. They might start a separate thread for the ride up... just look out for it.

Littlefish and Bigfish are in. Reservations made at Comfort Inn. Planning on staying in Lancaster or Tehachapi on Thursday night in hopes to meet up with the "Usual Suspects." Their backroads ride up to Oakhurst is one you will never forget. If you're riding from Southern Cal, you don't want to miss this ride. They might start a separate thread for the ride up... just look out for it.

Oh yeah,we'll do that again.....gonna add some new back roads too :thumbsup:

Stay tuned.....

Don J :wave:

New back roads. Do they include mud, snow on gravel with ruts. Oh boy, let's not forget the ice. We we're lucky going to the kilms in death valley.I'm watching you (about time). :wave:

I'm down.
you said that last year. I think that means you're in?

Frank you have a memory like an elephant, or maybe a steel trap. Yep, I'm in.

Ok. That means I'm in to :clap: .Oh, grownup, and the rest will be there.It's been awhile. Let's keep Mr.Duck (don) on some what decent roads for our expensive bikes.I keep saying thank you lord , oh crap, thank you lord. :grin:

New back roads. Do they include mud, snow on gravel with ruts. Oh boy, let's not forget the ice. We we're lucky going to the kilms in death valley.I'm watching you (about time). :wave:

OK, we'll try to behave :dopeslap:

Someone be sure to notify that young feller from the coast. He sure was jazzed even in the rain and snow.

Joe, you talking about the guy last year on the GS rental? That was sooo cool to see and feel his enthusiasm. Wonder if he ended up buying that bike?

CoarsegoldKid
Someone be sure to notify that young feller from the coast. He sure was jazzed even in the rain and snow.

Joe, you talking about the guy last year on the GS rental? That was sooo cool to see and feel his enthusiasm. Wonder if he ended up buying that bike?

I wasn't sure about the bike but I knew it was a rental. Now that you mention it it was a GS with a cool paint scheme. That's the guy.

he ended up buying a harley. he lives in CC and jose was his contact.

It was interesting seeing a youngster on a bmw wasn't it? :)

Haha, last year he tried keeping up with the usual suspects on the Friday ride up but after a close call or two he thought better of it and fell back to my speed.

Joe, you talking about the guy last year on the GS rental?

Haha, last year he tried keeping up with the usual suspects on the Friday ride up but after a close call or two he thought better of it and fell back to my speed.

Rain. cows, mud and scaring the crap outta ones self......

"You old dudes are nuts! How do I explain this to my Harley buddies, they won't believe any of this!!!"

The guy did have a good time! :rofl:

2l948ba.jpg

2l5q1e.jpg

Look at that sky behind Alice's Cookhouse.

Getting bike ready with new brake lines and a major service. Should be purring for this ride. Not to be confused with pouring... like last year.

Archived