IGNORED

2015 B5Q (frmly RCR)

RT_Jim

Who can argue with the combination of live Blues, cold Brews, excellent BBQ, and some of the best motorcycle roads in the US? Come join us and find out what all the fuss is about!

Therefore, you are cordially invited to:

What: Beemers, Blues, Brews, and BBQ - also known as B5Q

When: July 30 – Aug 2, 2015

Where: Snowshoe Mountain Resort, Snowshoe, WV

Why: To take advantage of Snowshoe’s 12th annual Blues, Brews, & BBQ (Sat, 8/1)

Lodging Details:

Reservations: Please call 877-441-4386

Group Name: B5Q (or, Rubber Chicken Rendezvous)

Cut-off date for making reservations is June 30. After that, rooms will be sold on a space-available basis.

Room Options:

Rimfire Junior Studio....113

Rimfire Studio............122

Rimfire 1 Bedroom.......140

Rimfire 2 Bedroom.......218

Any accommodations outside of those in the room block above will vary in cost depending on location and occupancy.

Room Details:

• Junior studio (sleeps 2-4) has a murphy bed and sleeper sofa, (not recommended for 4 adults), small kitchenette (there are only 2 burners, no oven, small fridge, and no dishwasher), living area, sleeper sofa, and gas fireplace.

• Studio (sleeps 2-4), there is a queen bed in living area and sleeper sofa, a full kitchen, the bed and sleeper sofa is in the living area, and has a gas fireplace. There is 1 unit that has a balcony and 1 unit with a Jacuzzi tub.

• 1 bedroom. (sleeps 2-4). One-bedroom units have one separate bedroom with 1 queen bed and sleeper sofa in the living area, fully equipped kitchen, gas fireplace and balcony.

• 2 bedroom (sleeps up to 6 people) These units have a full kitchen, living area with a sleeper sofa, 2 bedrooms, gas fireplace, and a balcony. The second bedroom in some of these units may have a Murphy bed and a sleeper sofa.

Underground parking and the Starbucks is attached to the Rimfire Lodge.

Rate Details:

DATES: Rates are good for +/- 3 days from our planned dates, so feel free to take advantage to extent your stay or show up early. There is a lot to see and do around the resort and surrounding area.

DEPOSIT: A one night deposit is required at the time of booking

TAXES: Applicable West Virginia sales tax of 6% and county lodging tax (also 6%) will be added to the costs listed above. Taxes are subject to change.

CHECK IN: Any time after 9:00am on day of arrival (but occupancy of rooms cannot be guaranteed until 5:00pm)

CHECK OUT: 11:00AM.

CANCELLATIONS: 0 – 3 days prior to arrival will cost you one nights lodging. Otherwise, no charge.

FUN PASS:

Also, regardless of which rooms you decide on, you have full access to the whole mountaintop resort with the complimentary FUN PASS. Take a swim or catch some rays at the pool complex, ride the lifts down the slopes with a stunning view of Shavers Lake and the mountains, and other activities (inquire upon check-in).

NOTE: There is a separate fee to attend Snowshoe’s Blues, Brews, and BBQ event. As details are released, the information will be added to this thread.

More details on the resort, facilities, directions, etc. can be found here:

http://www.snowshoemtn.com

I so miss this event. But being a corporate accountant, last 2 days of month, and first 2 days of month are out for me. Have fun.

Glenn Reed

Jim, I went ahead and changed the link in your first post so folks can click straight through from there, which was your intent.

I doubt I will be attending, so the weather should be great! :rofl:

Glenn -

Thanks for your help. Sorry you won't be able to attend. We'll try to have fun without you... :wave:

Well despite the many syntactical pilot-errors you'll find in my posts (to say nothing of those relating to propriety and judgment), I am in fact a Document Quality Guy and believe I may be of some help with this. And though it will constitute something of a busman's holiday, I will be holding business hours at the Inn 4 Sure -- just look for the discreet, hand-lettered sign that reads: "Will Edit for Bourbon." Be advised, however, that it better be some damn fine bourbon.

Aloha and mahalo.

Matts_12GS
If only I could find a reputable one.... :lurk:

Yeah, I hear it's bad when you can't even find one in the mirror...

:rofl:

Glenn Reed

That's because, like vampires, they don't have reflections... :)

Matts_12GS

That's because, like vampires, they don't have reflections... :)

And they both suck the life out of you!

:rofl::rofl:

OK, OK ... we Quality folk get it. HaHa :rofl:

But we know you Project & Programmer folk just don't like less-than-perfect people pointing out that your various and sundry "rice bowls" are less-than-perfect. The nerve of us! ;)

"Will Edit for Bourbon." Be advised, however, that it better be some damn fine bourbon.

Must read for those that like bourbon: Washington Post article - front page today "On Kentucky's Bourbon Trail a shot of scandal in "Pappygate".

Here

Matts_12GS

But we know you Project & Programmer folk just don't like less-than-perfect people pointing out that your various and sundry "rice bowls" are less-than-perfect. The nerve of us! ;)

Let he that is without sin... :dopeslap:

Let he that is without sin... :dopeslap:

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

Winston Churchill

You all lost me back at "syntactical pilot-errors" :S:dopeslap:

So, back to our regularly schedule programming ... who's IN?

For the record, I am not a document quality guy - I am a software quality guy. I don't care if the document is correct, I only care that the software is correct.

Now, when it comes to bourbon, I am very interested in the validation and verification of each and every bottle and feel I should sample as many as possible to ensure a consistent and quality product.

Gene -

Glad to hear you and the gang will be able to join! And I'm sure we can find some fun things for the wife to do.

Jim

I'm in for Fri. and Sat. Will be with the regular cast of characters, but including my wife this time.

As part of the aforementioned cast of characters, my antique brother and I will be attending as well.

Glenn Reed
I'm in for Fri. and Sat. Will be with the regular cast of characters, but including my wife this time.

As part of the aforementioned cast of characters, my antique brother and I will be attending as well.

The Ohio crew that Dazz and Gkgeiger are a part of did a great job last year of establishing a seating area for the whole group for the Blues event on Saturday. Much thanks from all of us.

You guys bringing crazy Mike down again? :rofl:

Unfortunately, this will be my first WV event I miss. :cry:

As I'm helping Danny and Matt with the Riding Smart class the following weekend and the timing of my college project schedule, I just can't get that weekend to work for me. You kids have fun! :wave:

The Ohio crew that Dazz and Gkgeiger are a part of did a great job last year of establishing a seating area for the whole group for the Blues event on Saturday. Much thanks from all of us.

You guys bringing crazy Mike down again? :rofl:

That character would be Marty and he will again be there to entertain us.

Glenn Reed

That character would be Marty and he will again be there to entertain us.

Sorry I got his name wrong, but I'm glad to hear he will be there again! :thumbsup:

Matts_12GS
Now, when it comes to bourbon, I am very interested in the validation and verification of each and every bottle and feel I should sample as many as possible to ensure a consistent and quality product.

someday you may actually buy some.

I'd love to make the trip, but with Riding Smart and other stuff already on the agenda, I'm out.

Nice n Easy Rider

IN. Arriving Friday with my friend Mark on his FJR. Some of you probably met him at Maggie Valley. Looking forward to seeing folks again.

Gene -

If my review of the responses is correct, we have:

Me + girlfriend

Gene + wife

Dazzz

Marty

... the other 2 from your crazy crew

Nice n Easy Rider

Mark

Did I miss anyone?

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Although I haven't been committed yet, my family & friends keep trying. I am on board for my third heapin' helpin' of Rubber Chicken, though, and have just made my rez at Rimfire. I mention this as it sounds like they're starting to run out of rooms in our block. Also, the early bird cut-off for discounted Blues, Brews, and BBQ tickets is July 12 -- $30 in advance, including tons of great live music and beer (but not food) tickets.

Unfortunately, this will be my first WV event I miss. :cry:

As I'm helping Danny and Matt with the Riding Smart class the following weekend and the timing of my college project schedule, I just can't get that weekend to work for me. You kids have fun! :wave:

Wait, what now? You're out!?!?!?!? And Ride Smart is the FOLLOWING WEEKEND? I really must learn to write things on my calendar. Bummed you're not going to be there for both, though -- I'm going to try to pull it off.

Glenn Reed

Wait, what now? You're out!?!?!?!? And Ride Smart is the FOLLOWING WEEKEND? I really must learn to write things on my calendar. Bummed you're not going to be there for both, though -- I'm going to try to pull it off.

Too bad it's no the other way around, and you could use B5Q to practice your new skills. I would have loved to have had a good weekend to practice with everything fairly fresh in my memory.

Glenn -

Completely agree - WV would be a great place to practice those new skills. The well maintained roads and the great selection of type of roads .....

Maybe next year we can coordinate better.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

If you have not purchased your tickets for the Blues, Brews, and BBQ event yet, this is your reminder that you can still purchase Advanced tickets for only $30.

Advance Price only good until July 12th. Then the price will increase to $35 until July 31st. Starting August 1st the price will be $39.00

Act now to avoid the price increase!

Jim

So my antique brother, two others and I went down to Snow Shoe last week for adventure riding. A couple KTMs, DRZ, and a KLR. The usual summer schedule is to have the top of the mountain closed during the week. The restaurants, lifts etc. open back up on Thursday. The restaurant and bar at the motel at the bottom of the hill do not open during summer. Continental breakfast only. We stayed there at a very reasonable price. We had a great time riding those WV forest roads.

Now I can't wait to get back!

Nice n Easy Rider

Jim,

Do you have the link for purchasing the advance tickets? When I google the event I only find a website the County runs for providing info.

Nice n Easy Rider

Thanks Glenn. That worked. Sorry that you'll not be there. Hope to see you in the fall.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone would like some suggested routes, take a look at the GDB file here.

A couple new routes added this year (RR 1 - RR 4) that I borrowed from a website but have not been able to ride myself so be cautious.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in just over a week!

Jim

As they say, the best laid plans.....

I will NOT be making this year's B5Q event - work has tossed a very cold bucket of water on my plans and I'm not happy about it.

Everyone have fun without me, ride some great roads, eat some good food, enjoy a beverage or two, and be safe.

Jim

As they say, the best laid plans.....

I will NOT be making this year's B5Q event - work has tossed a very cold bucket of water on my plans and I'm not happy about it.

Everyone have fun without me, ride some great roads, eat some good food, enjoy a beverage or two, and be safe.

Jim

Well that just stinks! But stuff happens. We'll miss you. Hasta luego.

Just returned, had a good time but didn't see one friendly BMW rider. Probably my last trip to Snowshoe, worst restaurant experiences in my life. Not just one place but everywhere we went. On the other hand the music was great, oh, and the beer was pretty good too.

The music was great. I really enjoyed it. The ride was fantastic. I will be prepared foodwise next trip. I did't even drink all my beer tickets! It was worth the $30 entry.

But there is a jazz and wine event in the Spring. We are thinking of taking advantage of that. Like Gene said we did not see any other BMWST folks. We camped in the same location as last time. The riding was excellent!

Nice n Easy Rider

My buddy Mark (on a FJR) and I were there. We were staying at the Rimfire and were looking to see if I recognized anyone but, unfortunately I didn't (I kept looking for RT Jim but hadn't seen his last post where he said he couldn't make it). We both enjoyed the music (both nights) and we also didn't use all our beer tickets. We had a good food experience on Friday night but a terrible one at the same place on Saturday night. I thought the crowd was smaller than last year's.

The weather was fantastic (mid-high 70's during day, low to mid 50's at night)and thus the riding was great on those fantastic WVa roads. Ride back was good but it was 95F when I pulled into Chapel Hill (should've turned around and headed back right then).

Hope to see a bunch of folks at the FART.

Archived