IGNORED

2015 B5Q (frmly RCR)

RT_Jim

My buddy Mark (on a FJR) and I were there. We were staying at the Rimfire and were looking to see if I recognized anyone but, unfortunately I didn't (I kept looking for RT Jim but hadn't seen his last post where he said he couldn't make it). We both enjoyed the music (both nights) and we also didn't use all our beer tickets. We had a good food experience on Friday night but a terrible one at the same place on Saturday night. I thought the crowd was smaller than last year's.

The weather was fantastic (mid-high 70's during day, low to mid 50's at night)and thus the riding was great on those fantastic WVa roads. Ride back was good but it was 95F when I pulled into Chapel Hill (should've turned around and headed back right then).

Hope to see a bunch of folks at the FART.

George,

I would have recognized you, but unfortunately didn't see you. We were seated in the same place as last year. Sorry we missed you.

So sorry everyone had a bad experience with the food. I'll talk to them about it. If you can PM me details, I'll try to share and determine what happened.

I'm also really sorry I was unable to make it. Not because of the bad service/food, but because I really wanted to be there to enjoy the event!!

Glad you were able to enjoy the event (for the most part) and have fun riding the great roads of WV!

Jim

I rode up for a quick hello year before last. Didn't seem to be a lot of action, but I was only there for a couple hours shaking hands. I lived in WV till I moved to Houston in '98. There are some good venues that just might be more popular overall. Snowshoe is remote, which is both good and bad. For instance, Hawks Nest State Park has a beautiful lodge and the riding in the area is great. In fact it isn't too far from Snowshoe anyway. It isn't far from Summersville. While it would be hard to do an event in WV from Houston for me, I do think it might be worth a moments thought as that time of year in WV is so nice.

Hawks Nest State Park

.....There are some good venues that just might be more popular overall. Snowshoe is remote, which is both good and bad. For instance, Hawks Nest State Park has a beautiful lodge and the riding in the area is great. Hawks Nest State Park

I agree! Although I enjoyed the BMWST events at Snowshoe the times I attended and love WV roads, I would perfer another venue as well. :thumbsup:

Archived