IGNORED

START 2015 Check In

Bernie

More pics ...

DSC_1143-X2.jpg

^ Ken thinking hard on the next day's ride. Todd stealthily manning the fire extinguisher in case Ken's brain catches fire.

DSC_1144-XL.jpg

^ Frank considers offering his beer to Terri (behind camera). Dave pointing out the smoke starting to rise from Ken's head as Todd maintains the fire watch.

DSC_1149-XL.jpg

^ Terri captures proof that she isn't the only one who drifts off while I go on and on and on. Steve is thinking about the next day's ride while Chris is trying to think about anything else.

DSC_1152-XL.jpg

^ Quite the cute couple!

DSC_1154-XL.jpg

^ Ken with friends Robert & Jean who came all the way from Waynesville NC.

And yet more:

DSC_1157-XL.jpg

^ Bob and Joel being ... well, themselves. Randy conducting a conference call.

DSC_1158-XL.jpg

^ Chris, Alan, and Ken ... are they excited about the bonus day of riding (no rain) or the food?

DSC_1162-XL.jpg

^ Chris, Suzanna, Shawn, Mike, and me getting ready for the meal. Didn't have long to wait.

DSC_1167-XL.jpg

^ Best Buds!

727318-XL.jpg

^ Terri and I on the Cherohala, loving the START of the riding season!

Craig squinting as if he's trying to make up for the fact the Shawn's eyes are popping out of his head. :grin:

DSC_1162-XL.jpg

^ Chris, Suzanna, Shawn, Mike, and me getting ready for the meal. Didn't have long to wait.

I'll add two...

Covered parking under the porte-cochère. :rofl: No wonder that place was so damn expensive.

IMG_6653.JPG

These three gave up the ghost around zero dark thirty Sunday morning. Guilty parties shall remain nameless.

IMG_6664.JPG

I started out Friday by riding Warwoman Road from Clayton going east. Stopped at a bridge where these guys were enjoying the great outdoors in a different way.

IMG_0536_zpsmeydgp3a.jpg

I wandered off on Damascus Church Road, when had an unpaved section at the end, but the RT handled it just fine.

IMG_0539_zpsoqynfvnz.jpg

When I got to the end, this was the view.

IMG_0540_zpsktkmpxjw.jpg

More meandering in western SC brought me to Chattooga Belle Farm, which is rather pretty, and has a nice backdrop.

IMG_0542_zpsirnnyyig.jpg

roadscholar

I don't know Glenn, you're exhibiting early warning signs of GS conversion. Exploring unfamiliar roads, stopping and taking pictures of serene landscapes, continuing on after the pavement ends. It's OK, we'll be here when you deem the time is right. :grin:

BTW, nice pics! :thumbsup:

I don't know Glenn, you're exhibiting early warning signs of GS conversion. Exploring unfamiliar roads, stopping and taking pictures of serene landscapes, continuing on after the pavement ends. It's OK, we'll be here when you deem the time is right. :grin:

BTW, nice pics! :thumbsup:

:rofl:

Thanks Bill!

BTW, I did find the other, longer unpaved road from that day, Black Mountain Road. You might want to check it out next time you're in the area.

roadscholar

BTW, I did find the other, longer unpaved road from that day, Rocky Mountain Road. You might want to check it out next time you're in the area.

Well you neglected to divulge that crucial bit of information the other nite. :grin:

Been on it a few times, it's part of a 5-day adventure route I put together several years ago that runs from central Fla. to E.Tenn. Did you ride the whole thing back over to 76, if so you are definitely riding the wrong bike :) And to get there you almost had to ride Unity Ch. which is what I mistakenly called Bethel Church the other nite.

235-M.jpg

236-M.jpg

Wish I could have made the trip. I am feeling like I was gypped!

What time of year is the fall version?

Late September when you really should be back at school.

BTW, I did find the other, longer unpaved road from that day, Rocky Mountain Road. You might want to check it out next time you're in the area.

Well you neglected to divulge that crucial bit of information the other nite. :grin:

Well I didn't know it the other night! :rofl:

I took a picture while I was on it, and got the lat and lon from the picture file, that's the only way I could be sure....

IMG_0544_zps2kfgyxtz.jpg

Your pics show something much straighter than I was on, that's for sure. Looking at the map, I think I was on Little Longhouse Road before Rocky Mountain, and then after I got back on pavement, it was Unity Church.

RandyShields

The format change is only one route. Chris K, Kinsley, Joel lead. No one can keep up. Then when you get lost, you are on your own to find your route and way way back to the hotel that night.

greiffster

Great video. You must of overdubbed it, because your RT sounds great. :rofl: Kind of mean, like it's mad at you.

Great video. You must of overdubbed it, because your RT sounds great. :rofl: Kind of mean, like it's mad at you.

No sound modification, my RT is always mad at me. Lol

Well, all these boxers sounder meaner when you actually get the revs up past 4000 and start getting something out of them! :P:rofl:

Matts_12GS

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn Reed

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering when someone would get that one...

Thanks Matt! :thumbsup:

greiffster

I was wondering when someone would get that one...

Thanks Matt! :thumbsup:

Maggie May? We got it. We're trying not to encourage you. :rofl:

Archived