IGNORED

1994 RSL small issues

hadfield4wd

Afternoon Matt

The battery that you have pictured is a GEL type (your ‘94 1100  bike didn’t come with a GEL battery so that is a later replacement ( the BMW 1200RT actually came with that 61212346800 Sealed GEL battery as oem.

The Odyssey pc 680 AGM will fit but will probably need a little shimming to fit tightly (the foam that the pc 680 ships in makes a good battery shim).

Personally I like the Odyssey pc 680 battery as they are very hardy  & durable  BUT, keep in mind that your 1100 alternator’s output voltage is slightly too low to keep the pc 680 FULLY charged. (it still works but not an ideal match up to your alternator's output voltage).

You can add a new voltage regulator or add a diode to your present regulator & have a perfect voltage match (kind of a lot of work though).

Beemer Boneyard sells a Westco battery that is a direct fit (about $85.00) – look on their web site for details.

MotoBatt makes decent replacement but I can't directly comment on the  MotoBatt as I haven’t ever personally used one.

Most major motorcycle battery suppliers also make a battery that will fit & work & most list the battery fit per motorcycle brand & model.

With the difficulty in accessing the battery I would strongly suggest using a sealed type battery so you don’t need to check or fill it while installed.

AGM battery type is probably the best type for your usage.