IGNORED

Anyone going to Torrey XXVII May 2014...

Twisties

**   Chris   **
If the Minnesota Bros are gonna be there I guess the Whips will be too.

I verified my room reservation the other day only to find I didn't have one. Luckily some kind soul cancelled their reservation and I now have a room at the Chuckwagon.

If the Minnesota Bros are gonna be there I guess the Whips will be too.

I verified my room reservation the other day only to find I didn't have one. Luckily some kind soul cancelled their reservation and I now have a room at the Chuckwagon.

Hmmm...Sounds like I better call about my reservation too!

Is it next weekend? I can never remember.

You missed it. It was last weekend. We are all so sorry that we missed you.

Speak for yourself, Ed.

markgoodrich

Speak for yourself, Ed.

Where are the mods? This sort of mean spirited comment ought to get the miscreant banned for life. I can't even make an appointment to see a psychiatrist to get antidepressants and therapy for this painful public humiliation until Monday. Just another example of how the mods favor the far right wing it posters.

• 2 weeks later...
JerryMather

WOW ......It's only 5 weeks away and there's only a few members that have chimed into this thread!!!

What happened? Doesn't anyone want to go anymore or you all have other plans? I got it...your playing hard to get.

Back in the day, this thread would have been more than a half dozen pages long & very entertaining. :dopeslap:

Maybe this is going to be one of those like the first few Torrey events with only a dozen people. :thumbsup: Bigger isn't always better but I never thought I'd see a Torrey Ride again without at least 50 people.

Has been more like in the 30 or so range lately. This year I was told maybe no one from CA is going to make it. I think with NorCal/SoCal getting bigger a month before, spring Torrey is being impacted. Then this year you have the UnRally a month after. I am attributing some to overall decline, some to the two other major events. But all that said, it is looking pretty thin.

Sharon and I are still up in the air. A lot of pans in the fire. But I have to admit, right now the odds are not favorable for us.

lawnchairboy

too much of life in the air for a spring run for me.

Perhaps in the Fall.

Life might be a bit more settled then.

JerryMather

You & Bob don't count! :wave: That's your friggin backyard. :dopeslap:

What about all the other MOTO Heads?

I get why the Cali Crew are on the fence ( which I am also) because of No meets So & the Un soooo close together & both in our area this year.

Decisions, decisions.....what's a guy to do when you have to pick one over another? :S

We like Utah

What's Torrey ? besides a nice ride ?

Is it a Hogly or Beemer thing or freefurall ?

We ride,wheel,fly camp Utah

happy day,lew

JerryMather

The BMWST group have been going to Torrey, Ut twice a year (May & Sept) for 14 years. It started out as an informal ride with a dozen or more riders from the SoCal area that's now grown that includes riders from everywhere. It's not a formal Rally it's just a ride that we've been doing that's very informal. Newbies are always welcomed as much as any other rider that's been going there with us for years.

The group over the years has changed because folks stop riding bikes or their schedule doesn't allow them to free up time to attend but it still remains the same. A long weekend ride get together with some really quality people that will make you feel right at home even if you've just met them.

We always book rooms into the Chuckwagon Hotel & use it as the main gathering place. As I said, very informal, show up meet other riders, have a beer & dinner, talk about everything & laugh a whole bunch and then go riding in some of most beautiful areas the SW has to offer.

Here's what one young lady wrote about her first ride:

"If you’ve never been to this area, there are so many reasons to go to Torrey if you can next time. It’s awesome. Really. The magical formations and colors are beyond belief. Seeing pictures of the area is just about like the difference between holding one leaf in your hand compared to having the whole tree in your yard – you get just a tiny fraction of the incredibleness from the pictures. The roads – they’re great, with occasional sections full of tar snakes to keep you WIDE awake, surrounded by views of things you’re unlikely to see anywhere else, and not very crowded.

And then there are the people. It’s really difficult for me to verbalize what it’s like to be there with all the other riders -- and who cares what they’re riding? Although you’ve just met 30 seconds earlier, you already know this one is another friend, and so is that one. Everyone is genuine, warm, friendly and wonderful, and full of riding talk. Heavy on the RT stuff, too. If laughing was illegal, I’m certain we’d have all been locked up, and the keys thrown away. "

There's a lot of threads about Torrey until Ride Tales.

JerryMather
We like Utah

What's Torrey ?

One of the most beautiful riding spots in the SW USA. 7,000' in Elevation & next to Capital Reef National Park

besides a nice ride ?

The above & the people that go to it twice a year from this website

Is it a Hogly or Beemer thing or freefurall ?

It started out as mainly a BMW RT ride but not exclusively. Over the years our members bought different bikes & started bringing them up there, so anyone on anything is welcome, as long as you have a good attitude and respectfull of others that may come from different walks of like but share the love of riding.

There are campsites available in the area but most hotel it. People bring their dirt bikes and ride off road, most others ride around the surrounding areas on the paved roads, some bring both.

There are NO organized rides except the rides the members decide to do with each other, usually talked about the evening prior at CW. If you hear of one, just join them. Beware some of these guys go on these rides at a very quick pace. :P

If you get with those guys, just ride at your pace and they'll be at the next stop waiting for you. This IS NOT a race or a pissing contest! :thumbsup:

There's also great fly fishing up there if your interested or hiking if that's what you choose to do. Basically it's about spending a weekend with folks that are great company & doing pretty much whatever you want in the evening or during the day. It's very relaxing & good fun. That's one of the reasons people keep coming back time after time.

We ride,wheel,fly camp Utah

happy day,lew

If you've noticed this site is privately owned and because of that there are NO VENDORS at any of these events. OK, one member does make custom earplugs but that's it. These events are gatherings of riding members. They're not Rally's like other BMW Clubs have. The only admission is showing up, even if it's in a car.

Torrey sounds perfect.

Be biked the 3 sisters in Texas on a buzy weekend and we were the only beemer around the Hog Pen. No one cared and we hung around the Pen most of the afternoon people & bike watching, Well there was this Woman Hogley club rider giving Killer the bad low eye, and It made my weekend. Anita worked at the prison 24+ years, and even before that she could hold her own,

How she got the Killer nickname is another funny Elk hunting story but not for killing anyhting.

http://www.backcountrypilot.org/images/photos/286/236/cd768e3075318c4b93379b84.jpg

**   Chris   **

Life is full of changes.

Randy and I will be there Thursday afternoon for two nights. We will be departing Saturday morning. In case someone wants a room at the Chuckwagon starting Saturday night.

Calvin  (no socks)

I haven't bothered to post....... here. I am coming from the East Coast. Don't know when I'll get there and don't know when I'll leave......

I haven't bothered to post....... here. I am coming from the East Coast. Don't know when I'll get there and don't know when I'll leave......

Bring me one of them fried chicken, bacon and gravy biscuits, would ya. The one with the egg on top!

JerryMather

The ChuckWagon will be sure that there's enough Budweiser & Clamato on hand for your visit! :rofl::dopeslap::thumbsup:

Bill_Walker

I can't make it this time. My daughter is graduating from law school, and I have to to the ceremony in NC just before Torrey and then spend the following week driving back to CA. BUT...

Is there anybody from SoCal (preferably SD) driving to Torrey who has room for a couple of moto tires? I've got two I'd like to donate to Bob's shed (well, one is a return to Bob's shed, actually).

Our usual cabin wasn't available for my crew, so we're opting out this time.

It's funny,,The guy that stole are cabin is not going now,,What's up with that :dopeslap:
JerryMather
Wife and I are in. Driving the Landcrusier again...Now I can bring real beer!

You'll be everyone's new best friend ! :rofl:

I enjoy the Polygamy Porter, "Why Have Just One" that the CW carries. It brings out something special to a Utah gathering. :thumbsup:

It's funny,,The guy that stole are cabin is not going now,,What's up with that :dopeslap:

I didn't realize the room you slept in was more important than getting together with friends. Beside, the entire Chuck Wagon complex is a mouse-free zone. :lurk:

I didn't realize the room you slept in was more important than getting together with friends. Beside, the entire Chuck Wagon complex is a mouse-free zone. :lurk:

Mouse free but not Rat free,,, :thumbsup:
PhillyFlash

From what I understand, there won't be any rats at this Torrey, either. Well, at least none that I'm aware of.

From what I understand, there won't be any rats at this Torrey, either. Well, at least none that I'm aware of.

Maybe one playing Ouija... to find out more about Howard.

sad_rat_sidewalk_0620110724-22047-io0fzn.jpg

markgoodrich

You guys are going to miss out on the group meal by the pool.

rats_around_milk-dish.jpg

Group meal at the pool? Is that a fall thing?

Nah, Chris, the rats are always there, and yes that IS the meal we get. You know how cheap Fernando is....:)

PhillyFlash

You guys are going to miss out on the group meal by the pool.

rats_around_milk-dish.jpg

Group meal at the pool? Is that a fall thing?

Nah, Chris, the rats are always there, and yes that IS the meal we get. You know how cheap Fernando is....:)

My understanding is Fernando will not be there.

Eddd

A man is not sociable unless he gets a good night sleep. And a good meal.

So yes, the room is important.

Where would they sleep, over by the trees?

As you know, I am not sociable until I have had a good dinner. And even then, sometimes, it's "screw you guys, I'm going to my room".

dc

Calvin  (no socks)

I can crash anywhere....and have...from tent to garage to floor! I'm riding 2300 miles out in 2 days... I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Torrey sounds perfect.

It is, I moved here after Torrey #5

Well there was this Woman Hogley club rider giving Killer the bad low eye

There's only room for one Killer in Torrey, and I claimed it :grin:

You know, when I first saw that, I thought, like that dog used to say "Ruh Roh"!

Then I thought of that Hank Williams song, the one where he sings, "move over old Killer, new Killer is moving in".

dc

I really miss Torrey but between my daughter's birthday being spring Torrey weekend and my recent work demands that seem to peak around fall Torrey I just never seem to make it.

Maybe 2019 (planned retirement date) :)

Mike Cassidy

Dennis Andress

Laney and I came across a couple nasty construction zones on I-15 last weekend. Between Speedway Blvd and Mesquite there is a 26 mile stretch under repair. There were two work zones on the northbound side, one of them causing about a 30 minute backup of traffic. Southbound was also signed as under construction but didn't have any actual work being done.

The Virgin River Gorge is also under repair. There were a couple of places where the southbound lanes were closed, and traffic was detoured to one lane of the northbound side There were also a few places, north and south bound, where one lane was closed. The construction is in the southern part of the gorge, the part that is so much fun when there is no traffic.

Laney and I will miss spring Torrey in favor of the Un. We haven't been there in a couple of years now, which is really sad. I'll hold out hope for fall Torrey...

Bullett and I are officially out. Called Michelle a few hours ago to cancel. She said the cancellations are pouring in. Sad.

Archived