IGNORED

The dream to experience North America

Hansi

Now its time to tray, getting this site operating, and tell my story.

Came from Norway,to USA 10 October, to fulfill a dream. See parts of North America. Tried to buy a bike thru internet, but the answers was few. So I took a plain to Los Angeles, where I got WERRY god help from James Tucker and his wife Colleen. After 10 days ,bike, plates, insurance,luggage, clothing etc.etc in place, my tour could begin. The bike I bought is a BMW R1150R.2004 with 2000 miles on the counter. Tires 9 yers old, so I bought new (Michelin Pilot Road3) and schooled of course also changed the battery. After some weeks the old ( Odesey don't last forever) one vas caputt, and in the midle of nowhere I got a new, but 3 mm to big. Kut half the battery case, and so it fit. Then I received tent etc, and vent to Cambria, Horizon Unlimited meeting. There, and on the road I have met many nice people, getting some contacts. For 3 weeks I have ride kross wise up the coast, San Francisco, Klaramath Mountains, Sacramento Valley, Sierra Nevada and are now heading for Death Valley. I believe they who build the roads, must be motorcycle riders. In addition through a fantastic landscape. Small towns, where time had stand still.

Try to get some pics in here.

Hansi,

Feel free to keep us up to date on your plans, and maybe some folks on the board can find ways to make your visit even more enjoyable!

Glenn

Hansi,

You've come to the right place.

Lots of good folks here who would love to meet you as you travel.

Keep us posted as to your whereabouts.

Ride well.

Nice bike BTW and PR3's are the right tires for that bike.

Have a GREAT trip here in the States, and enjoy the sites.

If you're in the Beatty, NV. and Death Valley area next weekend; a small, subdued group of conservative riders will be there and in Death Valley. :rofl:

Perhaps you'll join in.

Enjoy!

:wave:

Have a GREAT trip here in the States, and enjoy the sites.

If you're in the Beatty, NV. and Death Valley area next weekend; a small, subdued group of conservative riders will be there and in Death Valley. :rofl:

Perhaps you'll join in.

Enjoy!

:wave:

Death Valley Days

Hey

How do I make a new page?

How do I put in pictures?

You need to find a place to upload and host your photos. Then, using the photo icon in the "Post" window (fourth from the left), add the links for your photos. It's best to link to a medium sized photo, since larger ones load slowly and require others to scroll back and forth to see them.

To many picture, and yet not comprimased, so I try this:https://picasaweb.google.com/117668294714412557030/11November2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Does it work??

To many picture, and yet not comprimased, so I try this:https://picasaweb.google.com/117668294714412557030/11November2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Does it work??

It does. You can make it clickable by choosing the "create a link" icon above the text box (planet and paperclip maybe? I can't quite tell what that's supposed to be). Enter the full URL in the first popup and whatever text you want people to see in the second.

Hansi's Picasa Page

Hansi, It is great to see you on your adventure. Congratulations on all of your hard work to make this dream come true.

Question: How long will you be traveling in the U.S.A. ?

Hey

You need to find a place to upload and host your photos. Then, using the photo icon in the "Post" window (fourth from the left), add the links for your photos. It's best to link to a medium sized photo, since larger ones load slowly and require others to scroll back and forth to see them.

I went in and made a copy of this photo from your gallery (Thanks to szurszewski) and then following Mike's directions I used the 4th Icon from the left on your tool bar, and put the photo here

i-2qB3KQX-XL.jpg

Hey

Go to this forum - Discussion Board Support

Look for this Thread - How to post a picture....

In that forum you can use This Thread to test your photos.

I have now experienced that this is what I want. So I go home for Christmas, rent out my house, come back in end of Januarry - to start the adventure - until I have seen enaugh, ore have no more money! :)

Sand, mmm good, it's what's for lunch. :eek::grin: Don't let Pat fool ya, he kills it on the 1200 beast!

Hansi, you're getting some nice shots and seeing some great places, good call hitting the West coast first. :thumbsup: Let us know when you get over this way. Western North Carolina is someplace you don't want to miss and oh yeah, and there's this place called Colorado! :)

Las Vegas, the town for playing and having fun. For some, "the day after" seems rather hard. The buildings are splended, but with big areas, slum and empty places

between, my general impression are bad.

Hoover Dam is realy a magnificient construction. The most of the road was Rout 66, a boring distance, but with som small nice places, looking as back in 50-60`s.

Coming to a more fun road, I was stopped and got a reprimand. Grand Canyon cant justifyes by words ore pictures. It`s just, GRAND. LasVegasGrandCanyon18November2013

I absolutely love your story and your dream. "Coming to America" on two wheels, capturing the small town atmosphere and back road pleasures, exploring a new country on two wheels. Make sure next trip you visit Yosemite and ride along 140 and the Merced River. Try Hwy 50 to go south or north instead of the freeway. Try reading some Jack Kerouac when you settle in for the night: "On the Road" or "Dharma Bums" Try the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child; my new hero and possible role model - travels America with only a toothbrush in his pocket and the cash in his jeans. Drive safe, man, and enjoy. We only get to do this once!

1 month on the road, here in USA. California and Arizona have been great experiences. The bike and the gear work well. The long straight roads in Arizona was boring, but one hawe to calculate with some "transport stages."

From-Grand-Canyon-Tucson

Hansi,

I'm enjoying seeing the USA through your eyes. Keep the ride reports coming.

I thought you should have "Kyss meg jet er Norsk" on your panniers but it appears from one of the Vegas pics that it's already understood. :grin:

I hope you have the trip of a lifetime. And I hope you discover the real America. Our great country still has the best, friendliest people in the world that will got to all ends to assist you if needed.

Best of luck,

RPG

Hey RPG, I agree what to do with the gun!

Dieter 30: This plan continue, when I com back to L.A. in the end of January. ( go homme to Cristmas, renting out my house) When I have seen what I want , I go home to my children in Norway. But who knows, a funny kind of siknes can come into your blood.............

Hansi

This is one of thous days, nothing get right.My TomTom Rider quit (dont open the map), and finding the right road without is difficult in this large country.To find a shop in San Bernardino area, who sell TomTom, is like the needle in the haystack. So internett must be the solution, ore? Having a home/billing adress in Norway, and delivery adress in USA is of some reason not acceptable here. That`s why I used Paypal a week ago, but that too failed. So, tomorrow I try to find the " needle ".( now staying in Hemet) A big disappointment, the GPS just lasted for two months. At home I have had a similar, for five years!

A nice trip!!! Those Roadsters can go anywhere.

I still use my old Garmin 2610. Built like a tank.

Try to find the nearest Best Buy, REI or even Sears for a new GPS.

Hawe some of you experience with A&S Motorcycle Parts Inc.?

Afther two month on the road here in USA, I maked use of an offer, using a garage to make a major maintance etc. Ordered the parts 14 days ahed, to be shore to have it all, when I started. Afther 10 mails( to A&S M. P. ), the most without answering, I called them. 3 days afther the delivery date. Just to be told, the parts was not sendt, but they had no explanation.

Now I am wery interested to hear which BMW store would you recommend. Most af the time I must get the parts by mail.

At last the bike is ready for nev adventure.( did´nt get the parts, so hopfully the shit in the gasoline tank vil last until then )But first I go home to Norway, renting out my house.

Merry Christmas everybody.

LastNightInClaremont16Desember2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

You have the hard part done! :thumbsup: Above where you type these words and to the right of the picture of the envelope is where you need to put your copied photo. If it don't work for ya we don't mind helping out. ;) Nice picture BTW.

IMGP7971.jpg

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
Nice n Easy Rider

Thank you for the pictures. You are doing what I hope to do someday. It was fun living vicariously through your photos this morning.

• 1 month later...

Came back to Claremont CA, Jan.29, glad to have been home, and really looking forward to start/continue my North America tour. Repaired the side cases ( the new ones stil not coming)and the gasoline tank. Tuckers was home from South America, and took me on a trip to Angels Crest. Then goodbye my friends, and out to my adventure. Because of the weather there have not been to many visit at attractions, mostly cold transport stages. As cold, that I must wait until noon, to be shore the ice on the road are melted. Hope to be in New Orleans during next week. Hoping better temp there.

https://picasaweb.google.com/117668294714412557030/ReadyForNewMonths5Februar2014?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNCg3p2EzNKbHQ&feat=directlink

• 2 weeks later...

The drive from L.A. to Florida has been very cold, many long stretches and many nice places / thing to see. Have not got rid of the heated jacket yet. That Gerbing is indeed irreplaceable. The hight of the tour must be The Joshua Tree National Park, Houston Space Center, the landscape around New Orleans, that beauty - crazy city itself and visiting an old slave / sugar plantation. Now coming to Florida I have good time to experience the state.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0vcGBCxvaLDJu1bCihcLJ6Clku0qJurQt

https://picasaweb.google.com/117668294714412557030/NewMexicoFlorida17Februar2014?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJyFmfyYjeHTVA&feat=directlink

Ah, Toucan's on the water in Mexico Beach.

Pretty stretch of the Gulf.

If you go back through there, try Killer Seafood, across the street from the water but outstanding food.

Their fish taco's are great.

Enjoy the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Key West, a incredible ride out to the ocean! 105 miles, much of it bridges. Anybody remembering Ernest Hemingway and Humphrey Bogart? One wrote, the other making big movies for the time, out here. At that time there was railroad to Key West. Now the new road goes alongside with the remaining s . I suppose they was made for other reasons than tourism ? Driving the road you don't see much beach ore ocean, but a lot of mangrove . Private houses and the road leave few places where it is possible to get down to the beach. It has been a special experience, driving out to the ocean, but to expensive for a long stay. Leave for Everglades to morrow, and than Daytona.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0vcGBCxvaLDJu1bCihcLJ6Clku0qJurQt

https://picasaweb.google.com/117668294714412557030/FloridaKeyWest2Mars2014?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOGwtPiLwbKRKw&feat=directlink

Archived