IGNORED

California/Torrey/FART here I come...

Paul Mihalka

Dennis Andress

Hey, You Guys!! Move over! Make some space!

ZDSC0007-L.jpg

Company's coming!

ZDSC0015-L.jpg

And don't get any silly ideas!

ZDSC0017-L.jpg

Thanks for dropping by Paul. We both enjoyed your visit and the ride today.

DSC0021-L.jpg

Glad to see your having a nice trip Paul and meeting up with friends along the way! Be safe and I am looking forward to seeing you when you return to Maryland.Glad you got to see Ted Porter..I remember him from the early 90's when he worked for Bob.You must be getting close to 200K miles on that 2005 GS. All the best my friend.

Another great day, I hope they never end. From the Ponderosa lodge at 7200 feet, we started at 35 degrees. Riding down the hill to Springville in 23 miles we came down 6000 feet and the temp was 70. Beautiful loop into Sequoia National Park, only downside was a announced road work delay of one hour and a lousy long work area crossing.

Right now in Joe and Juanita's home, it doesn't get better than this.

Tomorrow Yosemite.

I was honored to have had the chance to visit Paul and his friends during his stay in Camarillo. Here he is relaxing after a long ride. Paul, have a nice and safe trip home. :)

IMG_0080%255B1%255D.JPG

Yosemite, WOW! Superb ride with Joe and Frantz. Amazing place, took some pictures, you'll see them after I get home - two weeks...

Caliente, NV tomorrow, Torrey on Friday.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Yosemite, WOW! Superb ride with Joe and Frantz. Amazing place, took some pictures, you'll see them after I get home - two weeks...

I'm jealous. It's been 11 years since I saw Yosemite in person, 12 years since I rode it. It is indeed an amazing place, glad you got to see it.

Paul,

We live 50 miles east of St. Louis, Nashville, Il. If you are in the area on your way back east stop by. Six one eight three 2 seven eight 0 0 five.

Bud

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Yosemite, WOW! Superb ride with Joe and Frantz.

Yup. Especially mid-week when the chances of getting squished are at a minimum.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Yosemite, WOW! Superb ride with Joe and Frantz.

Yup. Especially mid-week when the chances of getting squished are at a minimum.

Especially mid-week and off-season. Kids are in school, so that really cuts down on traffic.

We were in Yosemite mid-June. It was so jam-packed, we were only able to park the car at ONE spot. Pull offs were full, parking lots had cars driving in circles looking for a spot. We gave up after about four hours. Major disappointment.

Larry

We were in Yosemite mid-June. It was so jam-packed, we were only able to park the car at ONE spot. Pull offs were full, parking lots had cars driving in circles looking for a spot. We gave up after about four hours. Major disappointment.

Larry

There's a lot more to Yosemite than just the valley!

Dennis Andress
Yosemite mid-June

Yep, popular place. Summer time has been like that since the late 80's. Yosemite Valley is best thought of as a place to visit for food and maybe a warm meal. All the cool things to see are somewhere else -- hiking required.

Visit Yosemite on a weekday. If you want to see the waterfalls in full motion pick a date in late April or early May. If you want to see the high country, places that are closed due to snow until late June, visit in late September, October and early November.

We were in Yosemite mid-June. It was so jam-packed, we were only able to park the car at ONE spot. Pull offs were full, parking lots had cars driving in circles looking for a spot.

That's where the motorcycle comes in handy. The few times I've gone there on a holiday over the summer with the moto, there's never been a problem with parking.

There's a lot more to Yosemite than just the valley!

Actually, the valley was the one place we were able to get out of the car. This whole trip had a lot working against it. In the cage, no camping, very little hiking, in the peak of summer travel season. We were delivering stuff from Ohio to Oregon, so we needed the van. My wife does not like camping, so it was 3 weeks of motels. Her knees prevent walking more than a mile or so at a time, so there was very little hiking. We stopped at about a dozen national parks and the crowds just kept building through the month. I'm planning some solo trips for next year: on the bike, camping, in May and September. I may not make it back to Yosemite anytime soon, but it will certainly not be in the summer!

Larry

Yosemite + Summer = gridlock. I live less than 2 hours from Yosemite Valley and I never go there in Summer. Yesterday Paul got to see the Valley Floor from Glacier Point approx 4000 feet straight down. Today he would be going over Tioga Pass stopping to take pictures along the way. Clear skies, perfect riding weather and no traffic in Yosemite- it can't get better than that.

Paul,

We live 50 miles east of St. Louis, Nashville, Il. If you are in the area on your way back east stop by. Six one eight three 2 seven eight 0 0 five.

Bud

Thank you so much but my plan is farther south. 1 night Branson MO, than Tennessee, than FART.

Well, another super day. From Joe in Coarsegold to Yosemite by the same rt. 140 entrance. Took my time. Then up over Tioga taking it easy. Took picture of the half dome from the other side. Then crossing Nevada via Tonopah. Part of the road is the extra-terrestrial highway. True. I felt like driving the Mars Rover. I look behind me and see a bike, BMWish. I wave and pull a bit to the side of the lane. A K1300GT with a bunch of stickers flies by. I had a feeling who it is. See the bike at a gas station when I ride by. I pull into my motel in Caliente NV and it pulls in behind me. It is Richard! (I guessed right) He continues, wants to be in Torrey by 10pm. Hope he has a good ride!

For me, Torrey tomorrow - yuppee!

Yesterday a easy day. May be 250 miles. From Cedar City up it became beautiful. The Aspens in full bloom. Same over famous rt. 12. Then Torrey! So many long time no see faces. Hugs and hand shakes. Greeting/meeting new friends. It's great to be here!

Plans for today just easy riding, catching the views and taking some pictures. This is the best time of year to be here.

With all my notes just about riding, I forgot to put down a most important thing. My stay with Joe (Coarsegoldkid) and Juanita wa a highlight of the trip. Their friendship and hospitality is unmatched. THANK YOU!

PS Joe sure knows his roads!

With all my notes just about riding, I forgot to put down a most important thing. My stay with Joe (Coarsegoldkid) and Juanita wa a highlight of the trip. Their friendship and hospitality is unmatched. THANK YOU!

The few times I have ridden to that coast Joe has always been present and he brought Juanita up to Phil and Jamie's one night also. Great folks and darn sure great company!

My stay with Joe (Coarsegoldkid) and Juanita wa a highlight of the trip. Their friendship and hospitality is unmatched. THANK YOU!

Paul, you give me hope and inspiration. We were more than happy to have you're charming self here with us. I wish we had more time to show you the area as you only saw one chapter of an entire volume of motorcycle road heaven.

Paul Mihalka

In Ouray CO. South on 95 to Blanding, always nice. Stopped at the Hite overlook, beautiful but the Colorado river has practically no water! From the Cortez area north on 145. With the Aspen in full glory, it is stunning! For sheer beauty it might be the best of the trip. Good steak at the Cowboy Steakhouse.

Torrey and our tradition there is a special thing. I left with mixed feelings. As some of you know, I planned this as my last full east-west-east trip. Age sneaks up on you. I even got a hug from Michelle.

Tomorrow is another day...

Have a safe trip home Paul.Glad you got to spend this time with all your friends in Torrey.Looking forward to seeing you when you arrive home.

Paul Mihalka

Well, another good day. Ouray to Durango on th Million Dollar Highway, rt. 550. Always special, but with the Aspens in Gold even more so. From there rt. 160 to Alamosa CO. 160 is part nice, part so-so. Riding up Wolf Creek Pass is very special. In cheep motel, had a Quizno soup for dinner. It can't always bee fancy.

Tomorrow, well, Kansas...

Paul Mihalka

Another great day, I hope they never end (wishful thinking?). Right now in the luxurious Super8 in the metropolis of Pratt KS. Leaving Colorado I did not want to leave the mountains, so I made a detour on rt. 12 near Walsenburg up to Cucharas Pass. Very nice, worth doing if you are around there. Down to Soledad CO, from there it was western Kansas (Colorado east) and real Kansas. We shouldn't complain, we eat what they produce.

Branson MO manyana.

Paul Mihalka

Tucked in in Branson MO. Today not much to report, which is a good thing. I'm done with Kansas. It would have been OK, except for about 5 pilot car type road repairs.

Tennessee next.

Paul Mihalka
Hey Paul -- How was Tennessee/NC?

Patience, grasshopper!

I'm happily in the company of all our FARTing friends in Maggie Valley.

Yesterday and today were very enjoyable days. From Branson MO took rt. 160 that somewhat goes along the Arkansas border with some ups and downs and turns. Nice good road/no traffic country. Ended by riding the "Land between the Lakes" between KY and TN. Stopped in Dover TN in a $40 pop/mom motel that was not bad.

Today easy. Interstate past Nashville, then nice rt. 68 to Tellico Plains, Cherohala Skyway and on to Maggie Valley. Today somewhere in Tennessee the bike turned 180K miles. I guess it is broken in (not broken!) by now.

Won't ride much tomorrow. Sunday/Monday home.

Paul Mihalka

Just a nice day riding, went on the northern Georgia roads. Helen, Suches, Blairsville. Already nice fall colors.

Tomorrow seems to be rainy, just to remind me there is such a thing. so I'll just hightail it on the Interstate and be home for diiner.

A few days after I get home there will be pictures.

Paul Mihalka

Yesterday's ride was boring, Interstate, wet and cold, but got me home. Was just a reminder how perfect all the previous days were.

What a Ride I had! Perfect does not come close to describe it.

Hugs and hand shakes with the best of friends. Most beautiful land. Perfect weather for 20 days. Didn't have to touch anything on the bike. It didn't fall over. No new pains. The tires made it home, barely. About 8.500 miles. Doesn't get better than this!

Yeah, I know. Pictures. Be patient...

Archived