IGNORED

Simple stuff I wish BMW would do

12R12RT

Lots of good suggestions in here. I'll add, don't make my oil fill port require a tool to open.

So some near-do-well can pour coke into my crank case? No thanks, I'll take the tool over the TOOL.

Has that ever happened to anyone here? Seems like a streach but if it can be done, some knucklehead will do it.

If someone wants to mess with your bike there isn't much you can do about it. You're more likely to find epoxy glue in your ignition or your tire valve stem cores missing. You do know I can get open your gas tank lid with a screw driver, right? How often has any of that happened? Stop annoying your neighbors, lol.

Whereas we have to pop out a special tool every time I want to add oil? No thanks. Give me the same screw-top port we've had on other bikes forever.

My F8 ST has one but since the thing burns NO oil I very rarely have touched it...

I have an F800ST too but it hasn't the soul of my boxer...

My RT was an '02 1150, yours is a '09 1200. I'm sure there is a huge difference. The factory lowered ST is perfect for me at 5'4", 140 pounds, always 1 up. More go than I need, nimble around town and in the twisties yet stable at speed. Best bike I've ever owned....so far.

I wish they would train their mechanics and assemblers to sharpen the clipped zip-ties just a little bit more, and angle them so that anytime I stick my hand into any crevices, i come out with less flesh. They are doing very well in this area, but I think if they tried, they could make those things just a little bit sharper.

The 1150 is better than the 1100 and better looking than the 1200 ;)

That's a matter of opinion. Personally, I never liked the chubby look of the 1150. :/

That's a matter of opinion. Personally, I never liked the chubby look of the 1150. :/

I understand that every 1200RT leaving the factory is hosed down with a working replica of Flash Gordon's ugly gun. :grin:

John Bentall

I understand that every 1200RT leaving the factory is hosed down with a working replica of Flash Gordon's ugly gun. :grin:

Guys, please start another thread if you want to talk about the appearance of the successive generations of RT.

I only wish to read the replies to the OP's question. This stuff is off-topic.

John

No, they wore out the ugly gun on the 1150. ;)

An anti-glare BC display.
And a decent damn seat!

... more lights in rear

Hear, hear!

Maybe some integrated turn signals/brake lights in the side cases (that disconnect/reconnect automatically when taking off or putting on the bags) or just wider brake and turn signal lights. And make them LEDs for draw and visibility reasons.

And while I'm greedy, a decent, full-face helmet hanger for when the bags are full and I still don't want a $1000 helmet stolen.

Ok John.....

On topic : I wish BMW would improve the look of the R1200RT and make it look more like the R1150RT :rofl:

Yes, the 1150 did have the best lines. They improved almost everything except the looks.

The audacity of you guys!!

We all know that BMW put the oil level site glass down low so we will bow down and humble ourselves in homage to the Teutonic Gods of German engineering.

How dare we mere mortals question their infinate wisdom :/

Don J :wave:

An anti-glare BC display.
And a decent damn seat!

... more lights in rear

Hear, hear!

Maybe some integrated turn signals/brake lights in the side cases (that disconnect/reconnect automatically when taking off or putting on the bags) or just wider brake and turn signal lights. And make them LEDs for draw and visibility reasons.

And while I'm greedy, a decent, full-face helmet hanger for when the bags are full and I still don't want a $1000 helmet stolen.

Easily done -

IMG_0433.jpg

These 'bullets'are from Bikevis and work really well. I have them linked to the brake light bulb, so they come on when you use the brakes. they are much brighter than the photo shows.

Archived