IGNORED

Announcement: UnRally XI. When and Where

EffBee

I have a problem in my mind. This next year I hope to do another cross-country ride. The UN is always a most enjoyable destination. Colorado is beautiful west of I25 and south of I70, but that is the part of the West I've ridden most. OTOH I have never ridden the California coast and the Sierra Nevada with the close-by National Parks. I had it on my plan last year riding to the Sierra Adventure UN, but that ended when the bike fell on my foot. What I learned on that trip, the Oregon and California valleys are not much fun in July because of the heat. So alternate plan is do the ride in September, and hook up visiting Torrey on the way home.

Please don't tell me that I can always do it the following year. At my point in life there are a lot of "ifs" in the future.

Anyways, no IN from me yet.

all kiding aside, how about off road for my BMW 450x. Not an asphalt bike at all. needs to be off road and most of the time under 40mph. It can ride all day, but just not droning along on asphalt. Would love to do off-roading for a day. Will bring my Tuono and the GS 450X

Howdy all,

Fernando told me several of you have PM'd him offering to assist with Unrally details and tasks. I've already heard from a few (thanks Mr & Mrs Caddis) and would like to know who else out there would like to lend a hand.

I'm in the process of lining out what needs to be done and when so, if there's something you're particularly good at and/or have prior experience doing, please PM me and we'll go from there.

Many thanks,

randy

all kiding aside, how about off road for my BMW 450x. Not an asphalt bike at all. needs to be off road and most of the time under 40mph. It can ride all day, but just not droning along on asphalt. Would love to do off-roading for a day. Will bring my Tuono and the GS 450X

There's enough off-roading to keep you busy for weeks (I think Salida might qualify as the dualsport capital of the country, among other things it's where the Continental Divide Trail and the Trans America Trail intersect), droning along shouldn't be a problem other than a few miles in any direction to get out of the city limits. I'll get some routes together in the not too distant future. Or if you want, take a look at Google Maps and ask some questions, I'm relatively familiar with the immediate vicinity (30-40 mile radius).

Thanks to all who contributed their time and energy ... Randy, Bill, FB, and even Chris (for the funny sleeping in a hole analogy!). Way to go everyone!

I'm a month away from starting with a new company so I am quite a ways from being able to commit (if even able), but it sounds like a great place to go.

Now I'm excited. Hopefully work won't eff this up. Can't wait to get back to Colorado. Thanks to Randy and all who will be helping!

These dates are the very best we could arrange. They fall right after the Top of the Rockies Rally in Paonia, CO (7/12 - 7/15) and the BMWMOA Rally in Sedalia, MO (7/19 - 7/22).

Now that's thinking ahead. Perfect timing, as now we can do all of these in one trip!

Please make your plans now for attending UN XI in beautiful Salida, Colorado!

Dates: July 24 – 26, 2012

Randy - Thank You, Thank You!

Perfect time and location for me. Can't wait to share some time and riding with my many friends on this board!

Paul, you're always welcome on the West Slope of the Sierra.

East Slope too!!!

+1. I'm sure between all of us that live here, we can show you some outstanding riding.

I have asked for these dates and Admin. grinned and said "you bet" than as usual added Maybe ... as time gets closer more will be reveled.

Thanks to all the folks for planning and pulling this together

Dear BMWST Gang,

The wheels of progress continue to move albeit at a slightly slower pace than expected. Many fine folks have stepped forward to offer assistance but one in particular, whose skill set is unique and very much needed, will not be available to help me for several more weeks to come. At this point I anticipate having the registration process up and running by mid January +/- a few days.

In the meantime I'd like to wish everyone out there a safe and Merry Christmas, Holiday Season, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, and, of course, a fabulous college football bowl season.

Remember, try not to fill up on the sweets and other holiday goodies.....you gotta be looking sharp and feeling well at the Un! :D

You must mean Killer and his webpage magic.

Sorry, but I cannot confirm or deny the names on a Unrally Mission Impossible Team or even acknowledge that it exists.

Sorry, but I cannot confirm or deny the names on a Unrally Mission Impossible Team or even acknowledge that it exists.

I'll take that as a yes. :grin:

I'll take that as a yes. :grin:

LOL!

Thank you for the offer and also big thanks to the other friends who offered stays. 2012 planning is still very early but in my mind I tend more toward September California ride and Torrey than the Colorado UN, as much as I would hate to miss it. Decisions...decisions...

If the mysterious chemical reactions that reside within the skulls of my management, the stars, and the whims of my wife align I’ll guarantee with a modest amount of uncertainty that maybe I’ll be able to attend.

Paul, the lights on, on the Southern Oregon Coast were you to happen by..

+2 - hopefully we'll have a place by then. If not our own at least a rental and your more than welcome to stay for a spell.

OH YES I'M GONNA RIDE MY ITALIAN BEAUTY! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :clap:

Oh wait you said trail riding. UMMMMMM NO. And it looks like I will be sharing my back seat with Lawnchair boy???

You'll be ok ... I can tell you from experience that he's a pretty decent travel companion!! ;)

Sadly ... I do not think I'm going to be able to do this one. I've got jury trials scheduled into August already and that week falls during one that I am almost certain will be a go.

Have fun all!!

drat. that is totally unacceptable.

ok I feel better now,

I am also now at the probably in for those dates. pretty sure we will all be in the ouray area in mid August however!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It's a simple Saddle Sore 1000 away for me!! Cool!!

Same here!

Time to get RoadScholar to get us some maps.

;)

I tried to talk Randy into going last year, you should talk him into going this year. I'll tag along.

Archived