IGNORED

Why do you ride motorcycles?

tsp

Mark -

Soooo....where was this picture taken?

Hwy 33 by any chance?

Road to/from Big Sur and Point Lobos - I am sure you have passed it and been pleased to see it whizz by.

Yep, nice road.

:thumbsup:

reason 1

It' a easier relationship than being married for me.

Unconditional Love, plus the 04' hasn't whined a bit since the 09'moved in

reason 2

psychotherapy is really expensive 5 days a week.

I can usually outrun the Voices

I know I've mentioned it here before, but Ishmael's feelings for the sea in Moby Dick captures my feelings about riding perfectly:

Well said Ron and I agree quite heartily. When I read that, I was reminded of this quote, which I think is one of the reasons that I enjoy maintaining my motorcycle...

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the sea. Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Each service reminds me of where I've been since the last and has me preparing for the next outing.

Lone_RT_rider

Sometimes its better to show why I ride, than say. :)

105933581_e5HKk-L.jpg

208539965_rxPaZ-M.jpg

145268078_CG49r-L.jpg

32104482_y7HHB-L.jpg

152795583_ftkR7-L.jpg

153645634_xCmss-L.jpg

153645689_mrDeC-L.jpg

That should at least be a start of an understanding of why I ride... :)

Shawn

Because it makes commuting interesting. Because, like sailing, it is about the trip rather than the destination. Because you can enjoy it equally, alone, or with friends. Because you can at least partly rationalize an expensive hobby as a more eco-friendly transportation solution that can be used daily. Because it doesn't require a lot of setup or takedown or preparation or organization to do. Because it doesn't take up a lot of space in the garage. Because the idea of crossing the country while magically balanced between heaven and earth on two rotating disks is really quite mind-blowing, when you think about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Although I've owned at least one motorcycle continuously for 46 years, I really think they are a lot of trouble but when I go down the road, the wind noise drowns out those pesky voices in my head.

Archived