IGNORED

Favorite Road Tunes

bmurphypdx

How about some Hendrix. Voodoo Chile.

Little late maybe, but a few I like are...

Allman Bros

Climax Blues Band

JJ Cale

Little Feat

Savoy Brown

Older Fleetwood Mac

SRV

Basicly most Blues and 70's rock, add a little Reggae, R&B and I'm happy.

Al

So I did a nice little 347 mile back country ride thru So. Riverside county and San Diego/Imperial county yesterday. I pulled out my old little Ipod shuffle, the first little clip on one with on 1G. I hadnt listened to it in a while. Great mixon that little unit. I load alot of full albums just because i usually end up liking alot of the NON radio burn out songs.

I had some classic rock= Foreigner, Zep. Some modern Rock= Alice in Chains, STP, Nirvana. Some blues=George Thouroughgood and the DDs. Some alternative rock stuff= Offspring, Sublime, Talking Heads. Some old Punk=DK, Ramones. And even some Funk= Gap Band, George Clinton.

Just alot of fun. Only about 5-6 hours of music though, so it started some replay by the time i got home, But on shuffle mixing up the songs it still al good.

Haven't heard beatlejuice. I have RTZ and Boston. Great stuff. Delp had a great voice. It's a shame about him. He needed help and no one listened.

Anything with Boston or Brad Delp (RIP)

Delp and Goudreau.

RTZ

Beatlejuice.

Haven't heard beatlejuice. I have RTZ and Boston. Great stuff. Delp had a great voice. It's a shame about him. He needed help and no one listened.

Anything with Boston or Brad Delp (RIP)

Delp and Goudreau.

RTZ

Beatlejuice.

I had the pleasure of meeting Brad on several occasions, either backstage with Boston or Beatlejuice.

Beatlejuice was his Beatles tribute band and his real passion. He was a great guy.

Here is a link for a show done quite a few years ago.

I might be in the minority, but I rather enjoy no music on a bike or outside communication. I think this time is well spent alone with my thoughts, thinking about loved ones that have passed, or issues of the day. And the sound of a well tuned Boxer doesn't hurt either.

RPG

Joe Frickin' Friday

For me, tunes are reserved for four-lane highway droning between home and the fun rides. Since about 2006 I've had a small MP3 player that only held about ten albums. I have a big fat iPod now with a few hundred albums on board, but I've grown attached to those original ten.

If I had to narrow it down to two albums, I'd pick:

U2 - The Joshua Tree

John Hiatt - Walk On

Narrowing it down to just two songs?

Where The Streets Have No Name

In God's Country

(both U2)

I've just scanned this thread and was wondering when I would come across Golden Earring's Radar Love (especially the album version). There it was on page 3. This is one song that automatically makes my arm reach the volume control.

Plenty of very good suggestions already.

One other that makes me crank the volume is Phil Collins - In the air tonight.

Of course, Pink Floyd tunes, but does that need saying?

For me anything from "Cream". If you haven't listened to them in a while go to Last FM and play a few of their songs. I'm sure you'll hear something that you'll like. Just my opinion of course. Bryan.

The liner notes to this album actually have a disclaimer about listening to this song while driving.:) If you like lightning pickin' and extreme string bending, check out The Hellecasters' Orange Blossom Special:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKRB-VvSxfk

There is also a guitar hero video on there and it's kind of cool to see those notes flying by.

Oh, and their version of Sweet Dreams is to die for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2MtiMryAg

My favorites are White Room and Tales of Brave Ulysses.

For me anything from "Cream". If you haven't listened to them in a while go to Last FM and play a few of their songs. I'm sure you'll hear something that you'll like. Just my opinion of course. Bryan.
My number one: Over the Rainbow

If you are adding other artist's rendition of OTR may we recommend Eva Cassidy's version.

We won't suggest any of Eva's other songs as they'll stop you dead in your tracks which is counterproductive to riding ;) . But, maybe cuddle up with Just Jean, a glass of wine and Eva's rendition of Songbird.

My number one: Over the Rainbow

If you are adding other artist's rendition of OTR may we recommend Eva Cassidy's version.

We won't suggest any of Eva's other songs as they'll stop you dead in your tracks which is counterproductive to riding ;) . But, maybe cuddle up with Just Jean, a glass of wine and Eva's rendition of Songbird.

She is something isn't she? After hearing one of her songs on youtube I went to amazon and bought most of her CDs. Her recordings with Chuck Brown are very nice.

FREE BIRD!! :clap:

Mostly just XM and classical R&R with some 60's now and then. I did like that "Over the Rainbow" by IZ though. Try the version by "Straight No Chaser".

Archived