IGNORED

East coast geocache continues

big-t

Now you've reallllllly got me going? clap.gif

A claw hammer and unsharpened #2 pencil?!

I'm game thumbsup.gif, but not too gamy tongue.gif

Thanks for keeping this going.

Kirsten

So wuzzup cachenapper?

Will this be an on the way to EP search, orduring/after?

Real men use sledge hammers. grin.gif

j0318175.gif

Calvin  (no socks)

During sounds interesting... It may depend on the Surprise factor....and no pictures to study.. a real "board" game.. grin.gif

I have 5 high visibility BMWST labeled wooden stakes that will be nailed with a 20d nail at various locations... 4 must be collected in order and assembled into a puzzle using the pencil to align the wooden stakes. When properly assembled the location of the 5th with directions to the Geo-cache will be evident...I hope this will take some skills and lengthen the chase... dopeslap.gif

I will give out the location of the first stake at El Paseo, the first stake will have the location of the second stake.. the second will have the location of the third..etc

steve.foote

Calvin,

While I can't speak for Randy Shields, I would be interested in helping hide the cache again. I'm betting he would too. Maybe we can get a few more geocache alumni together and make it a group effort. thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Calvin  (no socks)

Well I finally put the stakes out.. I put two in the same spot to get this thing jump started...

The stakes are hammered into wood with 20d nails.You had better remember a good sized claw hammer!

You will need an unsharpened #2 pencil to assemble the puzzle pieces.

The first two pieces have the coordinates of the next. The next has the location of the 4th. The 4th tells you where the 5th and final stake is. The 5th is very near the geocache and surveyors tape will lead you from there.

Note: if any of the stakes are missing, lost, stolen,... The location of the geocache is under the sticker on the stake/stakes in your possession. Use this secret in a geo-emergency only! dopeslap.gif

They are not in separate states and should be relatively easy to find.

The location is N 34 54.100'

W 083 36.577'

679575-DSCN0956(WinCE).JPG.01e0c6a8ef26d4e978d2bf3733edfc32.JPG

roadscholar

Geocache retrieved. One of the headlines in the local paper today read, Earnhardt Having Fun, Winning Races.

The same could have been said on Sat. for roadscholar, having fun, finding geocache stakes. It was a top ten of motorcycle riding days, perfect weather, the East's best roads, and hundreds of beamers buzzing the countryside with the Ga. Mtn. Rally close by.

Thanks to Calvin's efforts for making this interesting, challenging, and located on some great roads.

Thanks to Bernie without whose help it wouldn't have happened. Being from the old school of global positioning, I had to call Bernie with each heading and he would direct me on our detailed maps suprisingly close enough to find each one, while adding another dimension to the hunt.

We've made preliminary plans to re-stash the cache probably sooner than later. Updates forthcoming.

Bill

RandyShields

Bill, from a former fiduciary of the geocache, congratulations on your achievement! clap.gif I enjoyed the hunt and the hide as I'm sure you did.

As for the "sooner rather than later" to re-stash the stash, anything shorter than the time it took Calvin and me to do our dirty work will allow folks to find it before the winter snows set in. More than 3-4 rotations between seasons would be a good thing.

Randy

roadscholar

Thanks Randy, much appreciated. I was simply amazed to find the first two stakes intact a full 24 hours after Calvin posted the co-ordinates, what with maybe a thousand beamers in the area.

Bernie has some ideas on the re-stash, some of which were Vermont or the Chicken Rally (Huntsville), or anywhere in between. I was thinking even sooner, maybe we can get out for a ride this weekend.

Bill

roadscholar

Geocache burning hole in saddlebag, getting too hot to handle, may vacate metropolis over weekend.

roadscholar

The deposit's been made. Bernie, Dave, and myself hid the cache and a few necessary clues during a fine day of riding. It shouldn't be terribly hard to find but won't be a slam-dunk either. It'll take some riding around as with the previous retrieval and you'll find the scenery and most likely the routing enjoyable. Figure on a few hours.

The first clue is at the O.F.C.

N 29 30.289'

W 082 16.764'

Ask for Julie or Phil, she's been briefed, he's just the owner. Or look to the rear wall then slightly up and left.

Any day is good between 11 and 4.

**** rating.

Knifemaker

DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEEP !!!! grin.gif

GEOCASHE FOUND IN THE FLORIDA JUNGLE.......

After attempting "THE FEAT" in the far off forbidden jungles of northeast Florida and with far less skills than Indiana Jones fighting off misquitoes, snakes, thorns, and the killer LOVEBUG the geocache was located.

Traveling through to the Old Floria Cafe in historic Micanopy, Fl. my journey took me to the lonely beautiful back roads of Florida. ( I am telling you now that those folks who give Florida a hard time about bad roads have NEVER ridden Florida back roads!!!!! ) thumbsup.gif

My hats off to Roadscholar and Bernie for making this search an adventure : cool.gif This Graemlin kinda looks like Bill when he takes his helment off...

The geocashe will be off to far and distant lands in the very near future as I pack my bags on my trusty R1150R. Starting Monday I will be off fighting the elements and road bandits to deliver the geocashe safely to it's next destination. Fear not you riders in the west it's coming CLOSER to YOU......

• 2 weeks later...
Knifemaker

After many HOT riding days the geocashe has been re-located. No special ways of hiding it but you will enjoy the ride and after all this is what it is all about. Bernie and I left out last Thursday the 25th and made it back on Sunday the 28th. We had an excellent ride and a good time exploring many new roads. The geocashe has many new items in it so enjoy.

WAYPOINTS: N34 21.126......W085 40.534

Wow - went to Google maps and clicked on the "satellite" view of the landscape. Geez but that's a beautiful ridge! Don't know that I'll make it this weekend, but if it's still there next when I start my trip to the Un...... smirk.gif

Thanks for keeping this thing alive thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - I'm heading out tomorrow morning from Northern Virginia to retrieve the cache (approx. 620 miles)... then?

Wish me luck,

Kirsten

RETRIEVED!

Took me almost an hour to find it.... crazy.gif I was looking under rocks at a variety of viewing spots... and then, just as I was about to give up and was reading the bulletin boards, I got to thinking... "what if it was right here all along?" I figured all was well because the ride was GREAT and the views SPECTACULAR, but I REALLY wanted to find the cache. Then, under a pile of leaves... could it be... thumbsup.gif

THANKS!!!

I'm on my way to the Unrally where we'll enjoy the cache. Then, to find the perfect place to put it next?!

Thanks again for such a great place,

Kirsten

Kirsten.........Congradulations..... thumbsup.gif I hope you enjoyed the ride to find the cashe.....I tried to make it enjoyable and a place worth the ride with a nice view. State road 176 going through the Little River Canyon is a nice ride. Hope you did not try going down 275 or 276 what ever that "road" is. We went down it and it was an un-comfortable challenge.

Find a good place for the cashe and let others know of the challenge so it can continue.

Maybe one day all the finders of the geo-cashe can get togeather somewhere and meet at a GEO-SPOT. clap.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Had a great trip to the Un in Gunnison, CO and was tempted to stash the cache along the way, but brought it home (minus the adult beverage blush.gif). I'm going to take a few days to find a nice spot and post it as soon as it's up, but I'm working this week so it may not happen until this weekend.

Again, thanks to everyone, this is a LOT of fun.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Had a great trip to the Un in Gunnison, CO and was tempted to stash the cache along the way, but brought it home (minus the adult beverage ).

Assuming the ceegars were also consumed grin.gif

I'm glad someone finally got to enjoy the scotch clap.gif

Lone_RT_rider

Had a great trip to the Un in Gunnison, CO and was tempted to stash the cache along the way, but brought it home (minus the adult beverage ).

Assuming the ceegars were also consumed grin.gif

I'm glad someone finally got to enjoy the scotch clap.gif

Knowing you Todd, I am really suprised something in a nice clear Mason jar didnt show up in there! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Shawn

Good to hear you made it back safely....Was hoping to see how far west we could get the cashe to go bncry.gif, but that's ok maybe I'll get the pleasure of finding it again cuz it's the ride not the destination that counts. clap.gif

Sounds like the goodies in the cashe found a good home.

Ride safe and ride well till we all met at the geo-spot grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Okay, just remember you asked for this

Was hoping to see how far west we could get the cashe to go bncry.gif

So, I'm headed out and about ... not exactly on the "east coast" anymore grin.gif

Reloading the cache with fun stuff (and some pretty nice things if you ask me blush.gif). The challenge is on. Give me another few days and I'll have it set. As payment for the nearly 10,000 miles I'm logging picking it up, taking it on a tour and finding it a new home, I'm taking the ceegar for myself smirk.gif.

Should have the new location posted in less than a week clap.gif

Cheers,

Kirsten

Knifemaker

Sing along with this post to the sound of RAWHIDE!!

HEHEHE

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling, keep that geo rolling... KT.

Now that you have got it,

Just rope, ride, and brand it,

and always keep it safely by your side.

the Geo will find a home,

some where along the road,

and someone else will find it some day.

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin GEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I know kinda of dumb.......but fun and creative????maybe?

Geez, that nearly may me spit my margarita through my nose dopeslap.gif.

Definitely creative. grin.gif Can't wait 'til we find a "geo-spot" to meet. wave.gif

Routing nearly done... will leave Monday after work to begin riding to place the cache... man, this is FUN!

Cheers,

Kirsten

• 2 weeks later...

Archived