IGNORED

To "kill switch" or not to kill switch?

nben

the response that I received was both get cycled each time, so there is no difference from a electrical perspective.
I'm not following this statement. confused.gif The kill switch doesn't "get cycled" unless you use it. Which is the issue when you are talking about duty cycles and MTBF on electrical components.
russell_bynum
the response that I received was both get cycled each time, so there is no difference from a electrical perspective.
I'm not following this statement. confused.gif The kill switch doesn't "get cycled" unless you use it. Which is the issue when you are talking about duty cycles and MTBF on electrical components.

Right...the circuit gets cycled every time regardless of which control you use. The switches are what wears out, and they only get cycled when you...well...cycle them. grin.gif

I don't know about this scenario relating to the "oilheads" but nearly 30 years experience of fleet useage with the air-heads & K-Series is that habitual use of the Emergency kill switch will sooner or later render the machine immobile, in that the switch no longer makes the circuit when it is put back into the "run" position; certainly Police Forces here in the UK have had Bulletins from BMW GB over the years - it's a risk you run. Personally I use the key.

The reason why I use the side stand

Archived