IGNORED

Slow riding technique

Morrie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Morrie

I know what they mean about the clutch, I have done slow riding days in the heat of summer, my 2004 R1150RT 20,000 miles, the engine & clutch became very hot, it's not slipping, but at the end of travel. Looks like I need to save up for a new clutch fitting. :( :(

• 2 weeks later...
I saw what I thought was a remarkable demonstration the other day. I guy on a big Valkyrie pulled into the bike store, and turned 180 degrees between a post and a curb about 6' apart. In the process, his front wheel cruised neatly within an inch of the curb and it was obvious he know just what he was doing. He wound up at right angles facing away from the curb and casually strolled into the store.

Now I do a lot of parking lot practice, and I'm reasonably adequate at slow riding, but I know my limitations and I wouldn't dream of slow riding that close to an edge trap. Did I just see a superman in action, or are there a lot of others who could pull off that maneuver?

BTW, the Beemer drive lash is a problem for me in slow riding.

I admit that I didn't read through all 6 pages here; so someone may have mentioned it already but here it is. There is a video out called Ride Like A Pro. I ride a Harley Ultra Classic and this video has been a huge help u-turning a 900 lb bike. The techniques works for any bike. www.ridelikeapro.com

Archived