IGNORED

Question about Dates

David

"In early reports, the May option for the UnRally seems to be a runaway favorite. We hasten to add that the exit polls so far today have only captured 9% of the vote, and it's far to early to certify the results, particularly with the voting machine trouble we had in the last election. Nevertheless, there seems to be a pattern. To make this even more interesting, most of the votes to date have been in the eastern time zones, since most pacific coast voters are still snug in their down blankets while the smell of tofu wafts up through the stairway(s) as the illegal domestic help prepares breakfast." --DCB News Wire Report.

Seriously, what happens to Mayhem if May is the favorite? I can't imagine that people will attend Mayhem/Americade AND the UnRally.

I wonder if part of the voting is more a reflection of "we want it soon" rather than "we want it at a particular time of year."

I'll put in my vote for Fall, because of Americade, Mayhem, not to mention the world championship in open ocean kayaking that I may attend late May in Oahu. (I'm sure many others here have this conflict as well wink.gif )

As far as the exact dates are concerned, I notice that many have suggested mid-week dates? It would seem that a weekend date would be more convenient for the majority of riders that have conventional jobs. I assume we will discuss/poll the list on this as well?

Well, if it's close after a few weeks, I'm going to call the ball for Fall just for just that reason. It was a tight squeeze to pick that May date as I'm sure the Mayhem folks would have liked to seen an even earlier date. To much risk of rain, and FB mentioned that the ground in the passes is still warming up.

I believe Mayhem starts on the weekend prior to Americade. This would give interested riders from the East plenty of time to leave Un2, be back for the 4-day work week, enjoy Mayhem with no time off, and spend a few days at Americade, which is relatively nearby. It'll be tough on the riders wanting to attend Mayhem/Americade who live further away from the NE.

Can you really see a geographic representaion of who voted? That's data I can use. I agree that May is attractive from the "soon" standpoint. I have received E-mails already stating so. If Spring is an overwhelming favorite though, I doubt we can ignore it despite our best efforts.

Message to the Mayhem: Vote.

It would seem that a weekend date would be more convenient for the majority of riders that have conventional jobs. color=blue>

MJ-

Could you elaborate on this thought? I believe most do have conventional jobs (conventional being the word that it is!) so factoring in travel time to and back from Un2, one would only need to take a week off, rather than cut into a two-week period. Keep in mind that many will be facing a 3-day travel.

Can you really see a geographic representaion of who voted? That's data I can use.color=blue>

Sorry. That was pure speculation on my part, since most of the votes appeared this morning, long before the west coast folks get out of bed. I don't actually have access to specific votes.

DCB said: I don't actually have access to specific votes.

"I assure you, Senator, that at no time did I have actual access to actual votes. It was mearly a hypethetical discussion between myself and my chief financial officer..." wink.gifwink.gifcolor=blue>

As far as the May date goes, I would agree that there is probably a great deal of "sooner is better" playing into that, but let's give it a week or so, so we can be sure we have a representative group. If it's close at that point, then we might want to consider eliminating the 3rd place runner up from Katonah, NY and go for a runoff vote. That would give some people who might have intially jumped the gun to rethink if neccessary. Just a thought....

And see I'm afraid of fall because of the conflict with Labor Day. There is the big BMW Finger Lakes rally Labor Day. Labor Day is a big family weekend before school starts.

We'll have to see how it turns out.

I agree this is worth considering. Once we have a clear vision of the top 2, do the voting again so we can see how the other might feel with the choices left.

Could you elaborate on this thought?

Jake, as I detailed via private email, a three-day event over a weekend, verus the proposed weekday event, could "save" some of us up to three days of work. However, your point that many prefer a more leisurly trip, is well taken.

Yeeha! Stephen

I voted in the poll for Spring. I have to admit I don't care if it's Spring or Fall, I'll be there. I'm one who just wanted sooner rather than later.

Does an accommodation for Mayhem rule out Spring all together? How many folks attend Mayhem? Enough to overule the voters for spring.

What I'm getting at... Is an early June or April date, to the Mayhemers, out of the Question?

Want to know what I really think? --------- I'm gonna tell you anyway. Jake was put up to the task of running the Show, and I'll vote to second his vote. Whenever it happens, I'll be there! Yeeha!

Yeeha! Stephen

"However, your point that many prefer a more leisurly trip."

That's me. This will be a vacation for me. Couple of days early & a couple of days late.

sslisz said: Does an accommodation for Mayhem rule out Spring all together? How many folks attend Mayhem? Enough to overule the voters for spring.

Stephen, et. al.,

I thin the Mayhem problem exists because most people don't really know about it. Since we haven't really posted any info about it, the only people who know the details are the ones who have sought them out. I think if the Mayhem plans were clearer to all (not sure that that is really possible yet - but should be shortly) then it might have a bigger effect than we've seen.

"O.K...Shirley, from Weehawken, NJ: Would you like this brand new car...OR...what's behind curtain number 2? We need to know right now!"color=blue>

As far as ruling out a spring Mayhem event out for the Un, I don't really think that's the case, but it would, I'm sure, force many people to make a "one or the other" type decision (and, unfortunately, I may be one of those people just due to time constraints). That said, however, I am still thrilled to support the Un and Mayhem however and whenever they are. Whatever is best for the most people.

The Un2 Spring date likely remains an issue for Mayhem. BMWGreenRT Chief Jim and I have been communicating over the past few weeks to try to arrive at a solution, which prompted the vote. Our original date for Un2 was the week prior to Memorial Day. Jim, a member of the pre-planning board, e-mailed me offline and informed me that Mayhem was planned for the same time frame. When trying to accomodate them in looking for another Spring date, there were contraints of the early May rainy season, and Americade after Mayhem. I pretty much knew that late June - July would not be a winner due to heat but needed to offer the July date to piggyback the BMWMOA rally. The Mayhem folks are reportedly a bit gun-shy about the heat they experienced in VA in May of last year, so June would not do it for them.

Bottom line, I'm really trying to find a way to accomodate Mayhem, but I could only back up the Un2 Spring date by one week. They took an informal poll of some NE BMWRT riders during Art Borin's ride , and Jim reports that the concensus was that they would prefer to keep their date prior to Americade, they do not want to go to AR in the summer, they want distance between our date and their date, and if the two were close, they'd choose Mayhem. That's absolutely ok with me as planning for one's vacation time is an intensely personal thing.

In my opinion, simply moving Mayhem to the end of the Americade week solves a lot for our East members wanting to attend both. Again, if the vote is close, I'll take the tomatoes and call it for Fall.

Fernando wrote a great piece a while back regarding the mindset of East v. West riders as it relates to a constrained riding season. I've never been to an organized rally in my life, and unless one falls in my path, I don't plan to go to one. Certainly plenty of our riders love them, complete with camping, rally pins, vendors, MSF/ERC courses, seminars, etc. The UnRally is different. It's like one big Thanksgiving Dinner with people you love. It would be a shame for those who have not experienced UnNess, to miss it.

I think the Mayhem problem exists because most people don't really know about it. Since we haven't really posted any info about it,

David, maybe you or Jake could take the lead in making a public post on this and anchor it to the top of the main board right near the poll-- both about the conflict and a bit about what Mayhem is. A lot of people who don't know about it might want to attend both.

Jim is going to work with David on the Mayhem announcement. I bet Jim is watching the Un2 poll for the reasons I outlined above, and might be considering moving Mayhem date. I doubt he wants to announce anything until Mayhem's date is finalized and they are able to contact hotels and block rooms.

The sooner we decide on Un2, the better it is for them. This is part of the reason I am not looking forward to another run-off poll - it just delays the planning, and doesn't promise a conclusive answer. Unless you guys believe otherwise, I'd like to wrap up the date selection one week from today.

As of Saturday 4:15PM Eastern, the poll results show the gap is closing between Spring and Fall with votes of 79 and 66 respectively.

With over a thousand thread views, it is seems a bit odd that we only have 179 members that actually voted. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, since the summer option (29 votes) doesn't seem very popular, should we consider dropping it from the poll in order to get a more accurate count between the two dates that are in real contention?

With over a thousand thread views, it is seems a bit odd that we only have 179 members that actually voted. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?color=blue>

A lot of those views are people "viewing" it again to see the vote!

Should we consider dropping it from the poll in order to get a more accurate count between the two dates that are in real contentioncolor=blue>

Unfortunately polls can't be edited.

Just a quick Thanks to Jake for including me in this process.

I just tonight returned from a 5 day trip down to The Blue Ridge Mtns. around Asheville, NC. very nice as ususal but a little wet wink.gif. Anyway....

I haven't really had a chance to read everything yet, but promise to catch up tomorrow and give whatever input I can.

I DID ask Brian to post a message about Mayhem, as I didn't have the chance to do so prior to my departure. I see that he has and will try to add whatever other information that may be needed.

One of these days I'll get a Laptop so I can stay connected while travelling around...no I take that back...too much fun riding to have time to be online wink.gif

Thanks again Jake and David,

IMHO yes - I think we should DROP the middle date, BUT leave the count for the May/Sept dates. Suggest people who cast their vote for July recast for one of the keepers.

If those 29 swing mostly one way, then it may tell a very different tale.

However, can that be done? did you log ID's of who votes and what they votes for so you could reset only those? OR, we we need to start a NEW vote with just the May and Sept dates?

[ Jake Said; "Jim is going to work with David on the Mayhem announcement. I bet Jim is watching the Un2 poll for the reasons I outlined above, and might be considering moving Mayhem date. I doubt he wants to announce anything until Mayhem's date is finalized and they are able to contact hotels and block rooms." ]

Based on room availability, after having spoken with several of the lodgings In saratoga Springs, those dates of 5/29 to 6/1 were about the only really available times... fortunately for what we were looking for.

Prior to those dates and after Americade the area becomes booked for horse shows & harness racing, with holdovers from Americade week. At this point blocking rooms for our tentative date should be no problem...other than those dates is another story. It would either be cancel, or change area and scheduled times. But as I told Jake, the consensus of the guys was to do it.

[ Mjames said; "I think the Mayhem problem exists because most people don't really know about it. Since we haven't really posted any info about it,

David, maybe you or Jake could take the lead in making a public post on this and anchor it to the top of the main board right near the poll-- both about the conflict and a bit about what Mayhem is. A lot of people who don't know about it might want to attend both." ]

I see that Brian had made the post I requested from him, and that it had been moved to "Ride Together". I am hoping that everyone will at least view it prior to voting, but this will probably not be the case. If needed, more info could be provided, but I think Brian more than covered what Mayhem will entail this year. It definitely is not as highly visible as the Unrally maintained at the top of the Main Board, which may lead to votes cast prior to reading about Mayhem, or maybe not...no way of knowing for sure.

Guys... whatever works is fine...this is all about meeting each other, riding and making friends. I definitely don't want this to become a contest or even an inconvenience to our whole group of RT.COM'rs...we are all on the same team and have the same goals. Our Mayhem intentions this year were based on the voice of the guys last year who mentioned their desire for Americade. That is why we chose those dates, it only seemed logical. When I contacted and told David B of this, no Unrally date had been picked, heck, jake hadn't even been chosen yet as far as I know. I appreciate Jake changing his dates immensely and If in fact The UnRally is scheduled for spring, I personally can make both, but I know many others cannot. So if this occurs, I will poll the members to see which more of them would attend. If Mayhem draws a majority I guess we will move forward with the planning, if not I will ask the other organizers to consider cancelling so as not to interfere with the Unrally. Other than that I am open to suggestions...unless of course the Fall wins out.

I'll offer more of my "insight" as I read more. Time for bed now...that 10 hour slab trip back did me in today smile.gif

I think there's general agreement that the Un2 Spring date would have less votes if Mayhem's date had been known. Interesting how the Spring jumped out to an early lead, then the Fall date has been keeping pace since then.

We moved the UnRally East because we really wanted to meet our east brothers and sisters. We stopped in AR as we didn't want to loose too many West members in the process. The result is we may have diluted the coastal participation a bit, while putting smiles on the mid-westerners (and those crazy Texans).

We have no way of knowing who voted, so there's no way to reallocate the summer vote. We could re-run another date poll, or I could be Al Haig and just call it for the Fall date. I called a few hotels, and there's no booking considerations yet - they're wide open and happy to have us (a very motorcycle friendly town by all counts so far).

So, whadda ya say team? Should we...

• - Rerun the vote with the two dates? (I hate asking people to vote twice - though we can spin it pretty good)

- Select the outright winner this Friday?

- Or, call it for Fall this Friday to ensure East participation? (and allow room for May Torrey, and May Mayhem, and May rains)

color=blue>

Other observations: there's little commentary from the Kalifornia Krew regulars. Do ya think we lost em?

Jake, I liked Al Haig. Certainly his confidence.

Let me suggest this bit of manipulation. Any vote NOT cast for the spring, is a vote cast AGAINST the spring. Therefore, if the summer vote conflicts with Mayhem, then those votes go to the Fall, which wins.

It's not quite Al Haig-ish or G. Gordon Liddy-ish, but it's certainly Jeb Magruder and John Mitchell-ish. Good guys, all. You'd be in excellent company.

Who? Me? Jake? I have no recollection of any Jake. Please refer any future questions to the party. Thank you.

O.K., here's my take...

From a marketing perspective, I would call it for the Fall, and use both Torrey and Mayhem as promo events for the Big Fall into the Springs. (I thought the innuendo that that title lends itself to would just be too hard for mjames to pass up). Besides, we could really use Torrey and Mayhem to fine tune agendas, logistics, etc. and the aditional planning and logistics lead time would only benefit the team and build the anticipation of the participants. It would also allow us to really whet the appetite of local riders at Torrey and Mayhem who might not have thought about taking the Big Trip previously.

From a personal/selfish perspective, I really feel that:

A. The timing for Mayhem right before Americade is perfect and it would be a shame to change it.

B. A big part of the Spring votes were from the "sooner the better" crowd rather than from hard scheduling preferences.

That's my story...I'm stickin to it.

I just put in a call to Sadam Hussein's election chairman, Aelso Enssein, and he said that if we had used his services we could have gotten a 99% vote the way wwe wanted it.

But since we didn't -- and especially if the vote stays as close as it is now -- 38-46% (16 vote difference) -- then I'd go with the Haig approach tempered the some reasons you stated, i.e. that many were not aware of Mayhem and Americade -- that this year's location was to accomodate Easterner's who may have an interest in Mayhem, etc. I think this was your original intent anyway -- to go with Fall if the vote was very close.

I happen to agree with Fernando that many of the summer votes would have gone to Fall but I'm not sure if it's so much scientific as wishful thinking.

Here's my concern: we choose fall and hardly any easterners come, meaning we've waited for four months and for nothing.

I say that for two reasons. FIrst, we got very very people from the east last year. I didn't pay enough attention to count them, but I can only remember 3 people (and Tom and I passed them on the right, so they probably wont' be back! smile.gif. And Colorado was only one long day further than Arkansas (three of us did it in one day).

Second, I don't believe that Mayhem @ Americade is going to draw from our Arkansas attendance because it is a long, long way east. I'm in the eastern US, for goodness sake, and it's still 1,000 miles from me!

In other words, I don't think we ought to postpone the UnRally unless we are pretty sure that the folks who attend Mayhem would come in September.

Incidentally, I don't view Torrey (instead of Arkansas) as very viable for anybody except west coasters. Sure, there were some Chicago people and a few Ohio people, but they were exceptions to the rule.

In other words, I don't think we ought to postpone the UnRally unless we are pretty sure that the folks who attend Mayhem would come in September.color=blue>

I kinda liked the Haig angle, but alas, I agree completely. The question I have is (can you East boys take an informal offline poll?) did the East members vote yet?

May is pulling away in the last flurry of voting, therefore that date is getting harder to ignore. Sure, I'm both a Floridian and a Chicagoan, uniquely qualified to obfuscate the balloting, but I can only go so far!

Nobody but me is considering the write-in votes. I have several hundred write-ins that are requesting the first week in October. I know they are valid since I was careful to sign each name before I put them in the ballot box (that is the Chi-town way, isn't it?).

My preferences for October aside, it might be good to have a run-off between May and Sept just to be sure that the Mayhem announcement isn't a factor. People have had time to think about this a little more and to consider their schedules. If May still wins out, then people will have to make their choices as to whether they will go to the Un-Rally or Mayhem or Americade if they are limited in their time. No matter when it is, many members will not be able to attend, and there will be complaints. That may be due to distance, time of year, or other commitments. But I still think it's important for the membership to decide. It's they're Un-Rally, and if they are unhappy with the dates, they have each other to blame, not us. We're just organizing it for them.

Yeeha! Stephen

"But I still think it's important for the membership to decide. It's they're Un-Rally, and if they are unhappy with the dates, they have each other to blame, not us."

Or if they do... Next time someone else will have the opportunity to step to the front and learn first hand the huge task Fernando and Jake took upon themselves. Then that person can try to find a Happy Medium to soothe the RT.com Savage Beast. wink.gif

Yeeha! Stephen

"I can only remember 3 people and Tom and I passed them on the right, so they probably wont' be back!"

I talked to one of them a couple of weeks ago and he did indeed say that he's attending again.

Jake Said; "I kinda liked the Haig angle, but alas, I agree completely. The question I have is (can you East boys take an informal offline poll?) did the East members vote yet? "

I am not sure how that could be done, but maybe PeterScott or David (Venturevoodoo) may have an idea of how we could do it.

Maybe Peter could put some kind of Poll thru the Nert site?? Plus, I am not sure that would really be a representation. Mayhem was not totally East guys, though it's birth originated from Ted's tech Dayz, and was to be just a gathering of RT.COM riders from anywhere and everywhere.

I think the problem,... no matter "What" is held, and "Where" or "When" it is held, is the fact that everyone has their own schedules and agendas. I can tell you now that for Mayhem alone we had over 30 members cancel out over the course of planning. These were members who could not wait to attend, but for whatever reasons, made last minute (so to speak) cancellations. I am sure this happened with the Unrally, and will continue to happen. It is just a fact of life.

So as far as voting goes, it is just a current representation of what we would like to have at this moment.

Everybody sets their priorities, and I guess the best of all world's would be to have multiple choices for what you want to do, and then try to fit them into your schedule. I see some guys have local rallies they want to attend, some are concerned with their children and schools, others have work committments...the list goes on. Bottom line, is go with the majority, and if dates are close to one another it does not have to be a competition of events, but rather an opportunity for riders to be able to choose based on their schedules and at least make it to something. JMHO

After all I have read now from the great research done up to this point, I still believe "Fall" would be a phenomenal time to ride that Arkansas area, and I will probably head down there at that time even if we don't have the Unrally then. I love the Blue Ridge in the Fall (Just got back), but a new place to explore for my "Fall" ride sounds like fun. FYI nothing compares to my Colorado summers in the Rockies, but I have the time unlike others.

OK, my $.02 - I think we could all look at the data and figure out a way of moving it to the Fall. I think May is too crowded and people ARE going to have to choose one or the other many times. And, while I'm making that observation please know I'm not trying to sway things to the Fall, because for me personally. And we really have no idea what the 30 who voted for summer are going to do. We can apply some "logical" thinking to it, but we really don't know.

I think we should re-vote. We still have a few weeks, but time is slipping away, so we need to do it soon.

The vote post should contain the dates for Mayhem and possibly other significant events like BMWMOA.

I think it should also contain some other questions, such as:

- Won't be able to attend either date.color=blue> (maybe this one should not be asked, it might be a big scary number)

- Will be there whichever date is chosen.color=blue>

I mention these because of some comments received on my "Car 54" post. Those who will attend either, didn't want to sway the date. However, I think it will be useful to get, and have others see, that count.

You can still "call" it for Fall, but with the re-vote on 2 dates, we should get better numbers by which to make that "call".

I agree with Jim. I'd be happy to pop something thru Nert, but that's a very small part of the northeast, so don't think it would be useful. However, I do think that the voting could also include geographic area. Perhaps:

- Time Zone: East, Central, Mountain, West color=blue>

- Time Zone location: Canada, North, Central, Southcolor=blue>

This might help in that evaluation.

The vote post should contain the dates for Mayhem and possibly other significant events like BMWMOA.

I agree with Peter. The poll was started without putting the proposed UnRally dates in context with the other competing events. So if we are going to re-poll, then the names, descriptions and dates of the other events should be in that same thread, as opposed to scattered elsewhere. On the other hand, the vote looks close and Jake intially stated that he would go for Fall with a close contest, both because of the conflicting dates and to give us more time for planning, making reservations, etc.

Plus, there's the weather -- Spring is the rain season and no one here has mentioned the "T" word -- Tornado's. The only ones we see in NYC are on TV and that's just fine by me. No Tornado's in the Fall.

Jake, what is your current thinking on all this? Not to put pressure on you laugh.gif but it appears that everyone on the planning committee, as well as the board in general, will follow your lead.

Jake, what is your current thinking on all this? Not to put pressure on you but it appears that everyone on the planning committee, as well as the board in general, will follow your lead. color=blue>

And I shall follow your advice! A re-vote with the options that Peter outlined would enable everyone to weigh in, including those to whom it doesn't matter. While I certainly alluded to Mayhem in the original vote post, we have dates now. Perhaps we should include the avg temps and avg rainfall. (Gunnison's July avg was .8", and Eureka Springs' May avg is 5.7" - get out the pontoons!)

DB - as soon as you give me the green light, I'll put up another vote poll, and you can move the existing threads to this forum to clear the way.

A re-vote with the options that Peter outlined would enable everyone to weigh in

I would then keep it real simple. Two choices: Spring or Fall. Othewise we're polling for multiple factors which can confuse things. If we want to know how many people will show up, we can poll for that after a date is chosen. BTW, I'm no weather geek, but isn't 5.7" like a Monsoon season? I would definitely post that figure and also try and translate it into something more meaningful -- such as average days of rainfall during the month. Maybe a weather geek knows how to do this.

Anyway, that's the democratic approach. The other way is simply to call it for Fall in respect of conflicting motorcycling events in the East. After all, if we're only going to have one UnRally per year, then why stack it on top of other events when we can schedule it out in the open? Doesn't make good sense or good PR to me. I guess that's .05 smile.gif

Dates, actually we aren't talking dates, but times of the year. Jake, DB et al, as a resident I can tell you that we get considerable rain in April, May and through the first two weeks in June. During that same time in Oklahoma, parts of Texas and Arkansas there are the occasional tornadoes. If the vote brakes down between Spring and Fall, I'll vote for Fall, unless mid-June is considered Spring. During September tornadoes are rare and we average 4.74 in. in rain fall vs. 5.23 in May (according to the Weather Channel's averages) In October we have 3.59 in. average rain fall and we have the changes of colors.

Now, don't get me wrong I ride every month of the year here. Nothing is promised; I think we play the odds. I agree with the sentiment about not stacking Un2 on top of other events. My $.o2 and mho. smile.gif

I'll start by saying that I'm biased toward a Fall date due to conflicting local events and personal reasons. Having gotten that out of the way, I will now try and be "objective." laugh.gif

Based on the current poll, there is only a 10% difference between dates.

Given this close count, it then seems that the committee should step up and make the determination of dates based on all the factors that have already been discussed in this forum, i.e. conflicting events, weather, etc. My new thinking then is that a second poll would only potentially muddy the waters as the results may be similar. I guess that's the "Haig" approach then wink.gif

I'm fairly confident that the re-vote will lean toward Fall. I have this nice big mean ol tornado graphic to put up there!

That being said, May in the South, while occasionally wet, is pretty nice temp wise. Now then, is there an entymology page that can tell me what the bugs are like in these seasons?!!! shocked.gif

I need a moderator with lock, sticky, and move thread powers, anyone seen one?

I have this nice big mean ol tornado graphic to put up there!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

BTW I have a friend who could photo-shop an RT into the whirlwind if you want. smile.gif

In reply to:

I need a moderator with lock, sticky, and move thread powers, anyone seen one?

At your service, Dude.

By the way, when did the first week of September become Fall. If we want to consider Fall, maybe we should look at early October. Just a thought. Oh, yeah, the bugs in Summer are big, nasty, and known to carry off small children and sport bikes.

maybe we should look at early October.

Early October is excellent. It gives everyone a bit of a buffer from labor day activities and avoids an Indian Summer plus it has the lowest rainfall of the proposed months -- just a little over half the chance of rain with a Spring event.

OK - Just for you guys, I'll add an October date. I'll pick Oct 7-9, since the following weekend will likely be the Falling Leaf Rally - a biggie.

Too funny about the Sept date not actually being Fall. smile.gif DOH!

Howard - keep an eye out for the new poll. Please sticky it on the Main Forum, and move the other two threads in here (outta the way). Thanks dood!

I moved the old poll to this forum and locked it. It is through, finis. The Un-Rally Announcement and discussion I left in the Main Forum since there was no real mention of dates in there, it included valuable information, and there was lots of good discussion. New poll is at the top (well, second from the top). Now, let's go out and get some pie while we wait for the votes to come rolling in. By the way, I think we should give this until Sunday evening and then call it. Should give most people time enough to vote, and enable us to give them the final results by the start of next week. What say y'all?

Good call on leaving the initial thread. And good instincts about when to call it. That is, unless you read this and forgot all about it:

In reply to:

This poll will run until Monday, November 4th.

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Jake,

I'm a bit confused about having two "fall" dates in the new poll. (For discussion sake I'll call Sept and October "Fall." ) I guess I was under the impression that the October dates would replace the September dates, not be added to it.

So what happens with the three-way split. Does the Rally go to which of the three dates gets the most votes? Or, do we add the September and October votes and consider it as a "Fall" block and then go with the fall date most people pick.

If we do the former -- then Spring is a certain winner. If we do the latter, my guess is that it will still be close between the sum of the two Fall dates and the Spring date.

Archived