IGNORED

Name the one accessory we all need but may not know about

ClearwaterBMW

Pilots have air-to-air refueling, what I would give. . .

They also have toilets on board, what I would give....

36" to 46" nalgean hose should do the trick. Just make sure it is behind your boot! dopeslap.gif

now, THAT'S one accessory we've ALL needed at one time or anther on the road

So we're on the gunflint trail, had lunch (which was tasty) and something deep within disagrees with the pizza. frown.gif

So I stop at one of these canoe launch points, it says it's got a bathroom. We stop. Expecting a hole in the ground that's not stocked open my saddlebags, I've got either shop-towels (you know, the blue paper towel things) or some scrubby hand-wipe things. I decide that anything scrubby sounds bad and grap the shop towels.

I discover the cleanest chemical port-a-john I've ever seen. smile.gif But I also discover that I left the V1 on, and the volume cranked. So when the cop stops in to chat with the forest workers the bike is just BLARING loud the whole time...

Oh, and whatever that blue stuff is they use? It's not skin friendly. eek.gif

now, THAT'S one accessory we've ALL needed at one time or anther on the road

So we're on the gunflint trail

I discover the cleanest chemical port-a-john I've ever seen. smile.gif But I also discover that I left the V1 on, and the volume cranked. So when the cop stops in to chat with the forest workers the bike is just BLARING loud the whole time...

Dude, this explains a lot. A LOT!

And, FWIW, I wasn't so much concerned about standing there talking to the ranger while your V1 was scaring the hell out of all creation within a ten square mile area, as much as I was concerned about the horrible noises eminating from the port-o-let. eek.gifwink.gif

No wonder you were riding so fast on the gravel road to the lake! grin.gif

Oh, and whatever that blue stuff is they use? It's not skin friendly. eek.gif

Jeeze, you've been told a dozen times, you're not suppoesed to wash your hands there........

To bring this back to the point, one of my favorite accessories while touring is a big fat o-ring, as seen here:

33114671-M.jpg

You can store it in that position. Then when your throttle hand gets tired, you slide it over to this position:

33114679-M.jpg

(notice position of tape for reference)

Then rotate the throttle to this position:

33114681-M.jpg

That's it. Instant cheapo throttle lock.

Some people stick these into the groove between the grip and the bar end. That works, but unless your o-ring is fat (which in this case is a good thing) you may get it stuck there. I prefer to have part of it across the throttle. It still works well but can't get stuck in the groove. YMMV.

...That's it. Instant cheapo throttle lock...

I think I'll just use my cruise control.

Seriously, I wish my '05 RT's onboard computer was high tech enough to display some useful information like tire pressure or compass directions rather than ambient temperature(?). AT is something I really don't need to know.

Jeeze, you've been told a dozen times, you're not suppoesed to wash your hands there........

It wasn't my hands....And I didn't stick anything in there...that's as far as I'm going with this.

ear plugs.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. The ringing in my ears tells me so.

I'm sure being deaf is more uncomfortable than any set of ear plugs. tongue.gif

Archived