IGNORED

A day to be Proud

yabadabapal

I will be greatly saddened, but not at all surprised, if I start seeing all manner of race based violence flaring up around the country.

I wouldn't worry too much the "knuckle draggers" of all races are easily confused.

Put 'em in a big round vat and tell 'em if they stand in the corner for long enough they'll get a free widescreen TV and cable access for life.

Jim

You're right, Bobby.

It has teetered on the brink a couple of times.

I'd like to see it not plummet over the edge. If it becomes a conversation about party affiliation and this party versus that party, it'll go down faster than Wiley Coyote.

Without stating my personal opinion of the outcome, when the thread allows others to do so (as several have) I might ask - hasn't it crossed the proverbial line?

In 1939 a little jumped up $%$$ wandered into the Sudetenland and Czechoslovakia then Poland and started on the rest of Europe. Great Britain and France jumped in while the rest of the world watched.

As someone whose father spent six years in the army during the war, I can't let this pass. The comment about "the rest of the world" is not quite correct. We (Canada) were there from 1939 onwards.

Now back to the original topic. Carry on. :thumbsup:

Yes, the U.S. election was inspiring in many ways and the country has a right to feel proud of how far it has come.

In 1939 a little jumped up $%$$ wandered into the Sudetenland and Czechoslovakia then Poland and started on the rest of Europe. Great Britain and France jumped in while the rest of the world watched.

As someone whose father spent six years in the army during the war, I can't let this pass. The comment about "the rest of the world" is not quite correct. We (Canada) were there from 1939 onwards.

Now back to the original topic. Carry on. :thumbsup:

Hey! My family was there too...uh wait...nevermind

Yes, the U.S. election was inspiring in many ways and the country has a right to feel proud of how far it has come.

Without stating my personal opinion of the outcome, when the thread allows others to do so (as several have) I might ask - hasn't it crossed the proverbial line?

If it hasn't, it's been perilously close. Gang, please note that we're inching up to the point of the unacceptable. Please step away from the brink.

Thanks.

Then again, I don't expect you to understand, hell the English still can't get along with the French, the situation that continues in the Baltic region, Bosnia, etc. So please Europe, take a page from our play book.

The English-French 'thing' has been going on for years and will always be going on. A bit like brothers who always quarrel.

In 1939 a little jumped up $%$$ wandered into the Sudetenland and Czechoslovakia then Poland and started on the rest of Europe. Great Britain (and it's far off colonies/territories and other places that have the picture of Queen Elizebeth on the wall of Gov buildings INCLUDING Canada) and France jumped in while the rest of the world watched.

USA cannot be compared with Europe as Europe isn't a country.

Europe is made of loads of little neighbours, who don't always get along. We haven't got a shared currency or language, the Baltic thing is Religion based and while have a hole at each end of me it won't fully end.

The USA only has two, both Christian faith dominated.

Anyway the USA was founded by Europeans. :grin:

There you are happy now! :grin:

In 1939 a little jumped up $%$$ wandered into the Sudetenland and Czechoslovakia then Poland and started on the rest of Europe. Great Britain (and it's far off colonies/territories and other places that have the picture of Queen Elizebeth on the wall of Gov buildings INCLUDING Canada) and France jumped in while the rest of the world watched.

:grin:

There you are happy now! :grin:

Yes; we are (and were) an independent country. :wave:

skinny_tom (aka boney)
It's not a matter of a few minutes. My wife stood in line for two hours. The cash register lady where I eat lunch stood in line for four hours.

Two words: Permanent Absentee. It costs me a stamp to vote. And I can do it in my underwear with a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal.

And I can do it in my underwear with a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal.

And for one time in this board's history - NO pics necessary! We believe you!!!!

Same here. Voted over a nice dinner and a glass of wine with my wife.

Joe Frickin' Friday
And I can do it in my underwear with a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal.

A day to be proud indeed. :grin:

Please see my reply in red:

Then again, I don't expect you to understand, hell the English still can't get along with the French, the situation that continues in the Baltic region, Bosnia, etc. So please Europe, take a page from our play book.

The English-French 'thing' has been going on for years and will always be going on. A bit like brothers who always quarrel. Yes, this is what I said

We haven't got a shared currency (Ummm....what's this Euro thing I keep hearing of??) or language, the Baltic thing is Religion based and while have a hole at each end of me it won't fully end.

The USA only has two, both Christian faith dominated (I think my Jewish relatives would argue that)

Yeah, whatever :D

Thanks again guys and gals. Yes you great BMWST members, for keeping this thread respectable to the moderators boundaries.

It is such a joy for me to read all your posts as we celebrate this magnificent freedom we have here, to vote.

To All (Some more than others)

The amount of political opinion that has been allowed to stand in this thread was part of a certain amount of latitude afforded by the Mods. We could have shut down any and all references to this election but we decided not to ignore the gorilla in the room.

Pushing the thread over the line, no matter how cleverly your opinions are couched, is not appreciated.

Our decision to give some ground in this thread for this occasion, is not an indication that partisan politics are now fair game here.

Thanks,

Please see my reply in red:

The English-French 'thing' has been going on for years and will always be going on. A bit like brothers who always quarrel. Yes, this is what I said

We haven't got a shared currency (Ummm....what's this Euro thing I keep hearing of??) or language, the Baltic thing is Religion based and while have a hole at each end of me it won't fully end.

The USA only has two, both Christian faith dominated (I think my Jewish relatives would argue that)

Yeah, whatever :D

The Euro isn't used in every country in Europe.

Your Jewish relative would argue you have more than 2 neighbours?

If it wasn't Europeans who was it?

Leslie: I hope I did not write anything here that was out of place. Can I invite you or anyone else for that matter to call me out on anything that I have added that is not appropriate? I would consider it a favor as it would teach me to be more aware of that fine line between expression of my feelings versus keeping my posts healthy for this excellent community. And trust me, I would not take anything personally as I have nothing but the highest respect for everyone here, especially the moderators.

Thanks in advance to all for the input. PM me if you'd prefer.

In all fairness to Leslie, BMWST, our moderators, and the rules, I think we have all said what we wanted to. As a way of way of saying thank you, lets stop here. Thanks!

In all fairness to Leslie, BMWST, our moderators, and the rules, I think we have all said what we wanted to. As a way of way of saying thank you, lets stop here. Thanks!

Seems like a good idea. Thanks, all.

Archived