IGNORED

It was an interesting weekend

russell_bynum

Congrats...........You might as well give it up on riding...... You got new priority. Happened to me, in a good way. It has been four years now since I became a Daddy. Best job ever.

Congratulations to all three of you. While you and Lisa will have some new personal sacrifices to make, the rewards of seeing your own children grow are experiences that can't be replaced by anything in this world!

Mike O

Fantastic news and congratulations to the both of you and your new bundle of joy! :clap:

That sure brought back memories for me. Two years ago we had our own little 6 pound suprise come almost a month early. Everyone is right about the life changing nature of having a baby. Be prepared for more pure joy and heart wrenching moments than you ever though possible. I was concerned that having a baby would completely ruin our social life and take up all of our time - and it has! But we couldn't be happier than when we are spending time together. Everyday I can't wait to come home and see my family. It may just be the chemicals our body produces that attach us to our offspring, but after our son was born I felt like, "Oh! THIS is what life is all about."

BTW - Good luck driving the family home from the hospital. I've never been more terrified of all the "maniacs" around me in traffic! When we got home and were finally alone, Lisa and I just looked at each other with wide eyes and thought, "I can't believe they let us out of the hosptital with this baby! We don't know what the hell we're doing!" Have fun learning as you go!

Mike

Firefight911

Breach!?!?!?!?

Hey, you need to have a talk with Steven about his riding style.

With all the tears of joy we can muster we send our heartfelt congratulations on a job well done.

Way to go Mom and Dad!!!!

Russell & Lisa:

Great news, good looking kid. He'll take the best of each of you and combine it in one package. Welcome to "Sleep Deprivation 101" for the near future.

Now all talk of motorized vehicles will be changed to talk of car seats, cribs, tot toys, potty training and other such fascinating things. And if you thought a motorcycle complicated travel, just wait until the first trip to see your folks. But to tell the truth, those early (and simple) years are a blur of holding, feeding, cleaning, bathing and reading. Which you might miss when they are adults. I know I do.

Mike Cassidy

Russell,

Truly happy for you & Lisa...

Beautiful baby! :clap::thumbsup:

Children, & Grandchildren, have been life's greatest joy.

Health & happiness to you all.

Mike & Joyce McKennedy

Hey, Congrats!!!!! I went zooming right by this thread several times..... it didn't "register" in my pea brain that this could be "THE" post about the newbie to BMWST!

How wonderful...

Life as you knew it -- is over! But a better life is to follow. :grin:

Congrats to you three :)

The circle of life continues.

Let's see, new toy for the bikes or new toy for the kid, ummmmmmm.

I know, get a new toy for the bikes & let the kid play with the box it came in :Cool:

Boy I feel sorry for the kid :grin:

russell_bynum
Congrats to you three :)

The circle of life continues.

Let's see, new toy for the bikes or new toy for the kid, ummmmmmm.

I know, get a new toy for the bikes & let the kid play with the box it came in :Cool:

Boy I feel sorry for the kid :grin:

:thumbsup:

So many things to look forward to now...

Diapers

first walk

first day of school

finishing high school

going to college

moving out from home.............ARE WE THERE YET?

:grin:

Congrats and best wishes to all.....

Hey Russell and Lisa!! Congrats on the new edition. Whata guy. Savor the moments cause they will grow up fast. Looks like a GP champ to me!!!!!!!

He spits up on himself, drools, and can't control his bowels.

Ahhh...just like his daddy. :grin:

Congratulations, Russell and Lisa. Can't wait to meet the little guy. :clap:

Congratulations, Russell and Lisa.

Russell, go ahead sell the motorcycles, you won't be needing them anymore.

Lisa, get a sewing machine and take up needle point.

By the way, Nicky is mathematically out for the world championship, sorry.

Good luck, I know you will be good parents. :thumbsup:

russell_bynum
I think Rossi won in honor of Steven's birth.

Congrats to all of you, let the fun begin. :grin:

AAARRRHHHHGGG!!!!

SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER!!!!!

OK, so I was wrong. It wasn't just gas.

At least you didn't name the little nose miner Nicky.

Congrats you two. Geez, a couple of days earlier and that water might have broken on my couch. Thanks for holding it in, Lisa.

All my love and great big hugs (from way up in WA) to the three of you. I hope I'll get to meet Stephen at Spring Torrey.

AAARRRHHHHGGG!!!!

SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER!!!!!

Sorry; the new parents hadn't watched the race yet! No worries though; I was completely surprised by the rest of the podium! (But I guess that's another thread!) :)

We're all doing really good, thanks for the well wishes. Everyone asks who he looks like; so far, he looks like a newborn! BUT, I will say he has daddy's big feet, and the same color hair. Blue eyes so far, but that will probably change (since there aren't many blue eyed folks in our family...never know though!)

My mom has been with us for a few days, keeping him in her room at night so we can sleep. Though, she said he only wakes up a couple times in the night, so not hugely fussy. He sleeps usually about 3 hours at a time, sometimes he'll make it four hours, so no complaints in the sleep department for now.

OK, back to watching the supersport race before the little guy wakes up for the next feeding (yeah, yeah, I should probably be napping...) :/

Archived