IGNORED

Yes, personal stuff......... my Mom

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Thanks everybody, your kind thoughts and messages help us, and amuse my mother when I tell her.

"... but who are all these people you keep telling me of? They don't know ME, do they !!??" she wonders each time.

She keeps shaking her head when I explain about the internet, the forums, the people we got to know through this community and others and the caring that goes on electronically...... yes, but by real people. Even if she doesn't understand it all, it helps!

And now we're battling bureaucracy.... some dude got the 'wrong bit of paper' denying her from the level of support she has a right to.... so we're sitting back to back with the family of another woman, laying 3 feet away with just a little linen screen between the beds. No privacy, not even room to put a chair for Dad who can't stand and hardly walks....

This has been going on for a few days now, and weekend came upon us without a solution..... back to the grind on Monday.

That too is part of the process apparently.... because of bits of paper (read: money!!!) two families are now extremely sad and annoyed..... aaaaarrrghggh !!!

BeniciaRT_GT

Francois,

Know that there is much more good thoughts and all the Kharma that can be sent from two more of your "internet family" in California.

Words fail me (a rare time) but I wish all of you the best.

Francois_Dumas

Thanks Richard! Hope Jacqueline and you are doing well ! :)

Nina and Francois

Francois_Dumas

Thank you Howard.

LATEST NEWS!

Our combined efforts (i.e. phone bombardments of the management of the nursing home) have now resulted in Mom getting a private room again! Yay !! She cried with happiness... and the other 'victim' and her family are very happy too ! Justice is served ;-)

Just goes to show again that sometimes it pays to speak up, even if it isn't one's style. I am glad I did in this instance.

And Mom's Book got delivered too this afternoon, so it arrived in time and she'll get it tonight.

We're a smiling bunch of Dutchies this evening :)

I'm convinced all your accumulated well-wishing, praying and fingers-crossing has helped !!! Thank you !!!

bakerzdosen

Well, I think that's good news on two fronts:

1) She has a private room

2) She's healthy enough to be in a shared room. :)

Congrats. May all your posts be equally good news for the foreseeable future.

Paul_Burkett

Not many words to express my sadness to you and Nina except that my heart goes out to you and all who knew your mother-in-law.

Archived