IGNORED

Yes, personal stuff......... my Mom

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

There was a recent thread here about writing personal stuff on this forum. I am one of the people doing that..... because indeed I know I have friends here, and perhaps even more than that...... sort of a family !

Nina and I just arrived in the French Alps and had our first 'passes tour' today, and I was planning on writing you a few nice trailer - oops, I mean RIDE tales.

But Dad called just now...... Mom is dying. Much quicker than expected after all - suddenly everything goes downhill, the cancer spreading.

So we're packing the car with the most needed things and head north again, leaving the bike and the trailer here.... it will slow us down too much.

Hopefully we'll have a chance later this year to get some relaxation after all, and bring you some ride tales.

For now it looks like the book I was making for Mom will come too late for her......... I SO wish I was a faster writer.

Will call in when we're back home. Bye all.

Les is more

May your Mom's time be filled with peace and the love of her family as you see her on to her journey.

You sound upbeat & at peace as you've had time to prepare for this but your never really ready.

So sorry Francois.

Thinking of you at and your Dad Francois. We all know these things must come but they are oh so hard to bear.

Think of the good times and don't beat yourself up about the book.

Andy

Jerry_75_Guy

It's very hard to know what to say, even though my wife and I have been through it; just know we're all thinking of you and your family, and holding you all in our hearts.

Firefight911

We're riding/driving with you. Uplifting you, supporting you however we can from this side of the pond.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your Mom, and your family as you move through this period.

Wheels Rollin'
May your Mom's time be filled with peace and the love of her family as you see her on to her journey.

+1, Francois... You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers... Live your dreams as she visualized you doing so in hers...

~ Bill

dISTANCE mEANS nothing, Dutchy

We're all here for ya...lean on us - we're ready to catch. Know that your mother is in the Hanna household prayer. Blessings:

Francois,

Please know you & yours are in our thoughts & prayers.

Give your Mom a hug from all of us.

Mike & Joyce

I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's illness, I lost both my parents in the last 3 years, my sincere condolences.

Kindest regards, Steve

Francois,

Your book is based on memories that both of you already share, and will forever.

Finish it in her memory, it will be wonderful.

Our prayers go out to all of you.

Francois, that it's a part of life hardly makes it easier to bear the impending loss of a parent.

Just know that your friends will be thinking of you and your family.

Francois_Dumas

Many many thanks for all your prayers and well wishes..... believe me, they are immensely appreciated!

We arrived back home last night after a 'fast' drive. Fast is a relative thing in our Jeep Cherokee.... but we left the trailer and bike behind in France so we could make better time.

It's a good thing we returned, because Dad hurt a muscle in his shoulder and now can't drive anymore.... ! :(

The GOOD news is that Mom's under morphine, 'but' feeling well. She's been moved to a room of her own and is well looked after now, away from a cranky room mate and the daily routines of 'trying to get the sick people out of bed' that was the norm on the upper floors.

She doesn't seem to realize WHY she is pampered so much.... but even if she's fooling us (and she might well be) we'll leave it as is.

She seems happy, certainly looks better than before, and is joking with nurses and doctor.

I am happy for her and can only hope she won't have any more pain like she had before.

At the same time we are all hurting, seeing her and 'knowing' where we are at. It hurts having to take Dad up there... and he knows.... it hurts to joke with her and sort of 'pretend'.

And yes, it even hurts not having a motorbike here now to ride off the pain, as I used to do before....

Instead I'll work on the book... and on some stories for the board..... even a one-day-vacation ride tale :/

In the end we are grateful being here, having a daughter who came over to help Dad, being able to help both of them however inadequate the 'help' may be..... and being able spending time together.

Les is more

The "help" comes from the heart and so could never be inadequate. These times are painful but also precious. That you can go through this life passage as a family is a gift.

These are the moments that will connect you for all time, Francois. They're special for you, your mom, dad and the rest of the family. Being in the present with her will be forever.

Bruce

Francois,

I lost my Mom two years ago after a long illness. I had spent a lot of time with her in the previous three years. Thought I was ready. I was not. I feel for you. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Bill

Francois, please know that your on-line family is here for you. Blessings and peace to you and your relatives. I will ride in honor of your mom tomorrow.

Peace be with you,

Kirsten

Francois_Dumas

Thank you all. She may still be with us a few more weeks...... meanwhile we still have her laughing every day with old memories and the nurses are absolutely wonderful !

Dear Francois,

My prayers are with you and your family. It's never easy but at least she has her family with her.

Take care.

I'm glad I happened across this thread so that we can add our support. Our thoughts are with you, and we wish you strength in your difficult time.

Peter and Jane

With two aging parents, this thread has been helpful to me, as I think about what lies ahead. Thanks, all. Good luck, Francois.

My eyes are teared as I type this and I have a chill even though it is hot in the house. My thoughts are with you, Nina, and your Dad as you go through this difficult time. I'm so glad your mother is able to interact with everyone, and know that she is loved.

Archived